LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Get ready for the flu season with naturals....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Get ready for the flu season with naturals....
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.naturalnews.com/042095_superbugs_antibiotics_coming_plague.html

Quote:

"What's truly astonishing about this report is that it admits, in effect, that modern medicine is a failure when it comes to infectious disease. The whole approach of fighting bugs with isolated chemicals was doomed to fail from the start, of course, since Mother Nature adapts to chemical threats far more quickly than drug companies can roll out new chemicals."

Good idea to stock up on some herbals and essential oils!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crytolepsis to the rescue!

Tastes terrible but works great! [Smile]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Detail in support of Greta's suggestion:

-
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/115218

CRYPTOLEPIS sanguinolenta

(be sure that second word is exact, there are others with different second names, but they not the same.)
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
This has never failed me if taken at the very instant I sense something like a cold or sore throat coming on:

http://www.barlowherbal.com/ldm-100-8oz/

LDM-100
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
"Pill Curing" is excellent to ward off vomiting.

Of course, there may be times when we need to have whatever is causing the uproar just get on out of us . . . but if not, and if taken at that first wave (we all know it, that feeling like "uh-oh", Pill Curing can really turn that around for the better.

I swallow some of the dose and let the rest melt in my mouth for faster action.

Especially good to calm dry heaves.

The original brand contains acetaminophen and that, IMO, should never be taken, especially when ill. It blocks glutathione in all cells in the body. And can damage the liver &/or ears with just one dose for some folks.

Here is a formula based on "Pill Curing" but without acetaminophen:

http://www.acuatlanta.net/pine-mountain-kang-ning-pian-120-count-p-25927.html

(by ITM, same good folks - based in Portland, OR - who make Seven Forests and White Tiger formulas)

Pine Mountain KANG NING PIAN ( also known as: Chrysanthemum and Ginger formula)

Details on p. 225 of Bag Of Pearls, from ITM: www.itmonline.org

Individual ingredients can also be searched there. It's a fabulous research site.

All naturopathic doctors are familiar with this brand and most should be familiar with this formula or offer advice for something more specific to each person's needs.
-

Overwhelmed
Member # 38499

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Overwhelmed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I know is that for the first time ever I got the flu last
winter and it was a stink'n nightmare...even with the prescription Tamiflu! (thank God my babies didn't get it). I've never gotten the flu shot either. I know it was the flu for sure since my PPC administered a nasal swab.

Posts: 82 | From New York | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think there are ANY guarantees with the vaccines. I really do not think they are effective.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Supposedly oscillinococcim (sp?)is supposed to ward off flu but it didn't help a family member last year. There's also good old Vit C and Vit D3. I know someone who swears by Emergen-C. There are also natural anti-virals like monolaurin and olive leaf extract.

Can't really think of other things at the moment but I know there are more.

Overwhelmed, our pediatrician does not recommend tamiflu FWIW. Glad your babies didn't get the flu last year and hoping they don't this year either.

PS- I thought cryptolepsis was for babesia?

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Overwhelmed
Member # 38499

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Overwhelmed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is WFIW?
Posts: 82 | From New York | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
FWIW - For what it's worth
-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement