LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Foot Detox Baths

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Foot Detox Baths
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been recommended to me that I do some of those ionic foot detox baths. I have a friend who has a machine but I have to travel a ways to get it. Was wondering if anyone has found it beneficia in any way?
Thanks
Carmen

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gmb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some LLMD recommend them, many here think they are a scam.

I was getting them over my first 2 years of treatment along with cold laser treatment from an holistic chiropractor. I think they may have helped me to detox. I never had too sever herx when I was getting them.

I stopped only when I had to return to work full time and Dr was 50 miles in opposite direction.

others may comment

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was looking into those but the reviews were so mixed, and the price was very high-I decided to do my own.

I mix epsom salts and a few drops of Thieve's Oil or Tea Tree Oil in a tub and soak my feet that way.

Afterwards I rub a diluted thieve's oil on my feet and put on some wool socks.

It helps to detox.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do your own foot detoxing in your own home. Good suggestion greta.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use to work in a healthfood store as a consultant and one woman I worked with there had been sick from some unknown disease for a long time and to me her symptoms sound similar to Lyme when I reflect on it, including exhaustion, weakness, poor apetitie. She decided to go to a Chiropractor who offered the foot baths. She said that the water turned color and was yucky after each treatment. After a about a month she reported feeling much better. So I decided to go to the same doc and give it a try. I wasn't sick at the time. The water didn't change at all. They said that was unsusal and that there is usually some change in the color for most people... so things were not that conclusive for me except by the shiny happy face of my co-worker who claimed that she was healed.

I may try your oil treatment Greta, as I already have that stuff.

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are better things you can spend your money on. I did tons of them and wouldn't recommend them.

Yes, the water turns all kinds of colors and it varies from person to person.

I also had my blood analyzed by way of the darkfield microscope and the Brandford way back in 1989. This type of analysis is nothing new. They can find these things in your blood but the real problem is that no one yet knows for sure how to fully eradicate them.

I did tons of herbs and alternative therapies but it was only antibiotics that really started to make the difference. Herbs and supplements have their place beside medications.

It sounds to me that you are at one of these centers that promise the world but will only drain your pocket book.

I battled Lyme since 1984 and I've seen it all.

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband uses the foot detox especially when he feels toxic. He feels better afterwards - less toxic.

He also does an Epsom salt foot soak twice a day.

Posts: 2247 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Well, they have not drained the pockebook of my neighbor who went to the same center. Draining one's pocket book is like costs of 50,000 and upward and leading to bankruptcy for many.... a few thousand is nothing for good results.

The dark field is not new. Ive been aware of it for over 35 years and its been around much longer than that. What is new is that more and more doctors are using it and that studies have been done with it, and that people can now get fairly substaincial training in its use and that it is still a new concept to the vast majority of people. What is not new is that the FDA does not accept it even though it visually shows the active disease and it can confirm a diagnosis that the serum tests often fail at. What is not new is that the conventional medical industry does not want you to see the truth. What is not new is that the FDA has been hell bent on its repression in the USA. What is new is that they are not winning. The truth will prevail.

Since I have a way to get the foot baths for next to nothing im trying to decide if it is worth my time and energy

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the water remained clear, Carmen, then there was a mistake in the way the footbath was set up.(I have one at home)....probably there was no saline solution added to cause the reaction with the array. The water will colour when it is set up properly, even without feet in it, but the degree and shade of colour and the scumminess etc varies according to different feet or different occasion.

Some footbath makes are supposed to be better than others, so anyone buying one should get a recommendation or read a trusted comparison article. I have never been sure that mine was doing anything, but, at the very worst, it helps the circulation!

I prefer to do a clay footbath, but still can't vouch for the efficacy!

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had no difference in them, BUT they are relaxing and my suggestion would be to go ahead and try it out if it sounds appealing to you.

What works for one, may not for another. Also, I know I tried many things that people told me were nothing more than a placebo. But hey...if the placebo made ME think I was feeling better, that was good enough for me.

Sadly, there is no one quick fix for this disease and we all have to try everything possible and stick with what works and dump what doesn't. Good luck to you.

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

uklcarry, sad to think I paid money for a therapy that was not set up right!

I agree that mind and belief
plays a signficant role in how we feel.

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is a clay foot bath? How do I do that?
Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greta, I buy Even better Now bentonite clay because it is very fine and therefore should in theory be safe to put down the drains......

You need to mix it up with warm water wearing a dust mask to avoid inhalation. Start with a small amount of water so that you can amalgamate it better. My bag of clay comes with a scoop and i use 2 scoops per footbath. Use a bucket or an old pedicure footbath, add the rest of your warm water to your heat tolerance (I usually have a jug of cold water on hand in case it is too hot).

Soak your feet and lower leg for 20 to 30 minutes the first time: i sometimes leave it 45 minutes. Have a friendly person ready to provide clean water and a towel to clean yourself off or have those things ready beside you before you start!

[ 10-12-2013, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: ukcarry ]

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Greta, your idea of using epsom salts in a footbath is also a good one. I find it hard to tolerate epsom salts in a full bath, but may try mixing them with some good essential oils and maybe Himalayan salt. Mustard powder or ginger might also be a good warming idea.

[ 10-12-2013, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: ukcarry ]

GretaM
Member # 40917

Thanks UK-that is great! I am off to pick up some clay to do this.

I am of the mindset that the amount of sweat glands in the feet make them ideal to help detox.

[Smile]

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

quote:
Originally posted by GretaM:
I am of the mindset that the amount of sweat glands in the feet make them ideal to help detox.
[Smile]

I hadn't thought of that! thanks for telling us.
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Yes, there are apparently more pores in the feet per area than in other parts of the body, so in theory, they make the best small area to try for detox. Hope you enjoy them, Greta!
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read about them today on an LLMD's blog. He says they are a waste of time.
Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read about them today on an LLMD's blog. He says they are a waste of time. Scroll down to the bottom http://lymemd.blogspot.com/2013/07/detox.html
Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement