LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Need advice adrenals

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need advice adrenals
lyme in Putnam
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doc has. Me tsking Seraphos, cortitrol from a Pharmanex and adapten all for adrenals. I can't take all three. I looked up ingredients. Which do u think you would keep thst would work best for adrenals. I'm lost. Thanks.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If this was me, I would get back in touch with your doc and ask them to prioritize these because you can't do all three.
Posts: 1684 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Information copied on all three. Maybe someone will know more than I could offer.

Seraphos

Each capsule contains 90 mg of serine phosphate derived from calcium and magnesium and delivered in a base of calcium and magnesium ethanolamine phosphate.

The nutrients provided are elemental calcium (45 mg), Magnesium (45 mg) and Phosphorous (190 mg).

Seriphos is a Phosphorylated Serine supplement that is designed by Interplexus to reduce the impact of stress by providing relief to your adrenal glands.

Seriphos is a pure product that is not derived from any animal tissue. The serine is taken from vegetable sources and the phosphate comes from a pure phosphate donor compound.

If you have too much cortisol being secreted by your adrenal glands, your body can become resistant to its effects.

Cortisol is important because it works to cool inflammation and minimize oxidation under times of stress.

If your body becomes less reactive to cortisol, you will remain in a state of heightened stress. Studies have shown that serine phosphate derivatives can reduce resistance to cortisol feedback in those who experience excessive cortisol secretion. Excess cortisol production can prevent the brain from recording new memories and from accessing existing memories.

Serine phosphate has been shown to have a beneficial effect on memory retention and recall by preventing or delaying age-related neurotransmitter deterioration or decline.

Cortitrol

Who Should Use This Product?
• Adults who want to feel more calm and relaxed throughout the day
• Adults who generally get less than eight hours of sleep (often associated
with elevated cortisol levels)
• Adults who exercise frequently (often associated with elevated
cortisol levels)
What ingredients does Cortitrol® have?
The key active constituents found in Cortitrol® include magnolia
bark (Magnolia officinalis), epimedium (Epimedium koreanum),
TheaPure™ (L-theanine), beta sitosterol, and phosphatidylserine.

Adapten-All is an all-natural supplement that supports adrenal function, reduces adrenal fatigue and improves endocrine health.

It blends powerful vitamins A, C, E and a B complex with powerful herbal adrenal tonics including licorice root and schizandra berry.

An added dose of ashwaganda root provides adaptogen support to recharge and support adrenal gland function and keep fatigue at bay.

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. Feel better.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would focus on minerals. This is long but it's a good read. Written by Carolyn Dean.

Adrenal Fatigue and Thyroid Insufficiency
Minerals play a huge part in the rehabilitation of two major hormone systems in the body. The three major hormone systems in the body: adrenals, thyroid and sex hormones, I refer to as a three-sided stool. When one of the legs of the stool is shortened, it affects the other two. This can be seen on blood testing; when cortisol levels go up, thyroid hormone levels go down.

There is an ongoing debate among natural medicine practitioners about what comes first, adrenal fatigue or thyroid insufficiency and what do you treat first? I think it’s a moot point because they are often not looking at one of the main causes of both conditions – mineral deficiency, which means you can treat the two conditions simultaneously.

The standard treatment for thyroid, even for natural medicine practitioners, is to give thyroid replacement therapy. It may be the more natural form of Armour thyroid, but it’s still treating with hormones instead of treating the reason the thyroid became weakened in the first place. In my experience, most low thyroid conditions are caused by mineral deficiency.

Treating disease in a linear format, one thing at a time, is not consistent with the way the body works, where everything is interrelated and works synergistically.

It’s usually agreed that the most common reasons for adrenal fatigue and dysfunction are poor diet, mineral deficiency, intense emotional stress, chronic inflammation and an underactive thyroid. But what’s causing the inflammation and underactive thyroid, and what diet is feeding into the problem?

Since I’ve worked closely with Candida (yeast) overgrowth for decades, I think a poor diet of refined sugars, high gluten wheat and processed dairy feeds yeast. Diet, antibiotics and cortisol from acute and chronic emotional stress causes yeast overgrowth.

There are 178 different yeast toxins that are produced by yeast in their life cycle. These toxins are absorbed into the bloodstream and lead to a chronic inflammatory state that can cause arthritis, chronic fatigue and pain. Magnesium and molybdenum help detoxify yeast toxins. Some yeast toxins can directly block thyroid function and possibly adrenal function as well. The best anti-inflammatory agent available to the body is magnesium. When magnesium is depleted because of being overused, adrenal fatigue symptoms continue unabated.

The treatment for adrenal fatigue begins with sodium, which is vitally important for proper adrenal function. If your adrenal glands are weak or depleted as indicated by exhaustion, low blood pressure and chronic stress, there is a combined sodium and magnesium depletion. If you start taking large doses of magnesium without replacing sodium, you may feel even worse. I recommend ¼ tsp of sea salt in every pint of drinking water. How much water? Half your body weight in ounces of water.

The best diet for the adrenals is a yeast-free diet avoiding sugar, wheat and dairy to cut down on the body-wide inflammation that yeast produces. Magnesium will also treat inflammation. The adrenals are supported with food-based Vitamin C Complex and Vitamin B Complex. Under the Resources Link on the Dr Carolyn Dean website, I recommend Grown by Nature and Natural Vitality brands and give you links for discounts.

The other key ingredient to adrenal health is plenty of rest. In one of my blogs I call it “Lying Down Therapy.” Please don’t think you can “tough it out” and just “muscle your way through” adrenal fatigue. That’s the worst thing you can do. You may require 8-10 hours of sleep and naps to fully recover. It’s extremely important to take care of your adrenals because they are responsible for the production of more than 50 hormones that are essential for proper body function.

Extra sleep, rest, sea salt and high dose magnesium work to help alleviate adrenal fatigue. But it’s also important to face the cause of your stress and realize your body may be producing physical symptoms as a result of this stress.

Adrenal stress causes loss of minerals, across the board, that have to be replaced. I recommend ReMag for magnesium and ReLyte for its 12 minerals. As noted above, I also recommend ¼ tsp of sea salt in each pint of drinking water for the dozens of trace minerals in salt. If someone isn’t able to eat enough greens, I recommend potassium broth. You can find the recipe for this broth under the heading Potassium. (in my ReLyte book).

Some practitioners suggest that you have to take DHEA and pregnenolone for adrenal repair but I have some more simple suggestions. Instead of immediately jumping to hormone replacement, let’s use the proper building blocks to make our own hormones. For example, transdermal magnesium using ReMag in a spray bottle will stimulate DHEA receptors. You need cholesterol to make hormones like pregnenolone and for cholesterol you need good fats such as olive oil and coconut oil.

The third requirement for making your own hormones is properly functioning enzyme systems. And we know that in order for enzyme systems to function properly you need lots of bioavailable magnesium.

An underactive thyroid, as one of the triggers for adrenal fatigue, has its own list of causes that includes thyroid receptor blockage due to yeast toxins. So, the diet for underactive thyroid is the same as for adrenal fatigue. Six minerals in ReLyte that support thyroid function include: iodine, selenium, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum and zinc.

The sex hormones, are also supported by minerals and the proper function of the thyroid and adrenals. DHEA stimulation by transdermal magnesium will stimulate production of estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. I’ve had clients tell me that when they started taking ReMag and ReLyte, their bioidentical hormones started working better.

Aloha
Carolyn

Posts: 631 | From the south | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my adrenal support. I must say that though, since off of azithro I have so much more energy! BUT i have just finished a babs treatment to rid me of that and that is when I started feeling so much more "alive".

I take ADRENAL SUPPORT by Natrabio

It is homeopathic

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LisaK, can you give a link? Where do you get it from?
Posts: 631 | From the south | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I got it from my local healthy food store. I just ran out so I will be looking .

http://www.drugstore.com/natrabio-adrenal-support/qxp148847

http://www.amazon.com/Natra-Bio-82640-BA-Natrabio-Adrenal-Support/dp/B000HKZ7J2

and from their own site:
http://www.natrabio.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=adrenal

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

Thanks!!
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adrenal Health by Gaia herbs. I've written a success story about it.
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look at what I just posted about Dr. H's recommendation for adrenals. It is called Adrenal Complex and after taking just two capsules I slept like a child. I also took liposomal vitamin C because they both arrived in the mail at the same time.

I have made a dramatic improvement in the last week. I wrote what I did in that post.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What worked for me was ashwaganda & pregnenolone twice a day. It took a few years to get things back into balance but my latest blood work showed everything is normal now.

It does take time for these body functions to get back to normal when you are fighting Lyme plus coinfections. It isn't going to be a quick thing to fix.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement