LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » GI Palsey/Gastropareses/ vomit, terrible pain HELP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GI Palsey/Gastropareses/ vomit, terrible pain HELP
LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so I had a bout with gastroparesis about 2 weeks ago. I started with the same exact symptoms yesterday around 5pm.

symptoms are sudden but short lived then get worse as time goes on. terrible cramping, nausea, sharp pains- feels like a porcupine is in my abdomen and it has rabies and is wearing concrete shoes!

last night COuldn't eat dinner. Went to bed and woke every hour with excruciating pain, followed by diarrhea. THis went on all night and the bouts got closer as morning came- like every 30 min.

Now they are every 20 min and there is blood in my stool and I just threw up.

2 weeks ago I went to ER and got pain meds and fluids. BUT at that time I couldn't go to the bathroom for about 4 days.

So it all seemed the same until the diarrhea, and now I am wondering if this is a virus. ?

How can I tell?

I have no insurance and no primary Dr close by- lyme dr is hour away and I cannot drive.

I am in lyme treatment with herbs and I thought maybe that was the culprit, but now I don't know.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need a stool sample to be checked for C diff. Please contact your Lyme doc when the office opens.
Posts: 1686 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What herbs are you taking? Thinking you might have parasite infestation that hibernate in the small intestine. The symptoms you are experiencing could be dieoff.

Check what is coming out in the toilet and see if there is anything floating around that looks suspicious. Blood in the stool can be from parasites. Google parasite symptoms. They can also cause lots of pain.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What herbs are you taking? Thinking you might have parasite infestation that hibernate in the small intestine. The symptoms you are experiencing could be dieoff.

Check what is coming out in the toilet and see if there is anything floating around that looks suspicious.
Gael [/QB][/QUOTE]
yes, I have been told I have Blastocystis.

what do you mean "suspicious"?

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Gael, what do you mean by "suspicious"

--------------------

glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mean parasites/worms. What herbs are you taking?

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your symptoms are consistent with an acute flareup of blastocystis. This is a protozoan parasite.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

I dont know what parasites or worms would look like.....I don't notice any worm looking things.

I went to GP since nothing else was possible. He said no to Cdif, said i'd have diarrhea for days and days, not bouts.

He said take anti acid (prilosec) - he thinks gerd is causing pains

and he wants me to take Levsin for belly pain.

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

OK, well I was diagnosed with blastocystis. but how can I get past this pain??????? I feel like stabbing myself with a knife would hurt less!

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

Gael, I am taking a blend of lots of herbs. I cannot name them all here. I am in too much pain

--------------------

Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heating pad on the abdomen may help.

If someone can get to a health food store and get homeopathic Nux V., that may help you also. It may help calm down your stomach and the pain.

If you have lavender essential oil, you can try gently massaging some of that on your abdomen, also, for the pain.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

I think I have all that stuff here. ..... thanks razzle.

--------------------

Razzle
Member # 30398

You can take the Nux every 5 minutes if you need to. I've used Nux to deal with bowel obstruction pain, so I know it can help with this stuff...

--------------------
-Razzle

LisaK
Member # 41384

just found this site- looks good

http://www.badbugs.org/

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

my llmd says that the "lesser" things he found in my system, using bioenergetic testing, HIDE in the larger specimens and thus this blasted blastocystis is probably having no where to hide since my lyme is being taken away?

this makes sense to me! it is now blasting ME!

I sure hope llmd calls me back asap.

I did rub lavender on belly and it seemed to help a little - I hope-.

--------------------

Razzle
Member # 30398

Yeah, unmasking of "hidden" infections can happen when one dominant infection is reduced by treatment...

Interestingly, I was reading a book about Rife machines and it mentions that one should treat "smaller" microorganisms (such as fungi, bacteria & viruses) first before attempting to treat larger parasites (worms), because the worms often harbor fungi, bacteria and/or viruses in or on them, and if the worm is killed, it releases these other infections... Nasty...

Anti-protozoal herbals may help, once your stomach settles...

--------------------
-Razzle

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lisa-Great website find! [Smile]
Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Razzle, my lldr said that is the exact reason to treat larger ones first since the smaller ones will be hiding andhard to remove!

I guess they are both right?

I jsut know I DO NOT LIKE THIS and I am in so much pain. I don't know how I am going to live. I am desperate only after 24 hours and I am ready to run down the street naked if this would help!

I am trying to read that site I posted for reliefe but so far it looks like only RX can do it.

and my whole weekend is filled with fun family activities with visiting relatives!

Why now!!???????

--------------------

Looking
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lisa, so sorry you are suffering like this. As far as the running down the street naked remedy, it will get you instantly into the psych ward but then they will say your digestive symptoms are all in your head!

It seems this can be very difficult to eradicate.

Some opinions on treating:

For many years, B. hominis was considered a kind of yeast rather than a parasite and was treated as such.

The remedies werenot very successful. Antibiotics and sulfa drugs, can be unsuccessful as well. This parasite cannot be treated by medication alone.

Resistant to Treatment

Blastocystis has adapted to survive very well in the intestinal tract in spite of anything we can think to throw at it, including strong herbs and medication.

It has a very thick cell wall and feeds on bacteria, intestinal yeasts and undigested food particles. Its main purpose seems to be survival at any cost, so it adapts and has become resistant.

This parasite appears in stool samples even after a course of treatment, and it can sometimes come back stronger than before if the treatment also weakened the patient.

One of the best things you can do to help rid yourself of the symptoms caused by this bug is to strengthen your digestive tract.

Begin eating a diet free of refined sugar and flour, with enough good quality protein and plenty of fresh vegetables.

Blastocystis is usually found in conjunction with an overgrowth of Candida albicans yeast, which it feeds on.

By lowering carbohydrate intake, you starve the yeast, thus removing a good portion of the parasite’s food supply.

This helps improve your absorption of nutrients and gives you overall better digestion and lessening of symptoms.

While beginning this diet, you should use a bowel cleansing program as well. The herbs and fiber in these cleanses help you to eliminate deposits and yeast that feed the parasites, as well as purging you of many of the parasites themselves.

Intestinal cleanses also tone the digestive tract for maximum strength to help you avoid symptoms.

Many herbs are useful for killing off parasites. Blastocystis is often resistant to even these, and it can adapt if you use the same remedy for very long.

Using a rotation of herbs at four or five days per herb can give you an edge so you can at least relieve yourself of the digestive upset the parasite causes.

Some herbs to try include black walnut (300 milligrams), wormwood (500 milligrams), cloves (300 milligrams), oil of oregano (5 drops), and gentian (100 milligrams). Begin with one herb, taken two or three times per day, for four or five days.

Then begin taking the next herb the same way, and so on. Be sure to take a multivitamin and mineral supplement including extra vitamin C, A and zinc for overall wellness.

Many people find that after battling blastocystis for months or years, they still test positive for the parasite. According the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, this parasite is resistant to drugs and other treatments and may never be fully eliminated.

You can, however, be mostly symptom-free by following the advice above. Periodically cleanse your bowel, avoid sugary and highly processed foods, and begin using the herb rotation whenever you feel symptoms returning.

-----------------------

Stephen Buhner's recommendations for Blastocystitis:

The best herb for this is any of the berberine plants. I am not all that much of a goldenseal fan (I prefer phellodendron, coptis, etc.) but you can use it and it will work just fine.

Get a tincture and no, don’t take out the alcohol and don’t use a glycerite. Take ½ tsp 3x daily for 6 weeks.

If you have IBS as well, then EVERY day, on an empty stomach, use the juice of a piece of cabbage the size of a medium carrot, 3 carrots, 3 celery sticks, one medium beet, and if you can get it 3-5 fresh plantain leaves (dried is useless).

If you can find fresh plantain tincture you can use that instead. Add ¼ tsp to the juice mix.

Hope some of these tips will give some relief.

Posts: 590 | From Canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

WOw, all sounds great Looking.

I wish I had a juicer.

I just ate some boiled chicken. I am trying to drink water and eat .

Thank you everyone

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

so what is the difference between IBS and the symptoms of Blasto? I mean, symptom wise, how are they the same or different.

I was diagnosed with both, but I think it has always been blasto now that I have read about it today.

--------------------

surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked an IBS question here before, and the best answer for IBS was (it stands for)

I Be Stumped.

LOL. I'm sorry you are going through all this- I have had a long road with my GI-

and here is what I've learned:
It takes time (like years) and discipline.

Discipline with a strict, 100% healing diet, various and repeated (and repeated) parasite and yeast protocols,

$ for good probiotics, and $ for trial and error supplements to help you heal and manage.

And lastly, it takes grit. Grit to get through die off and detox.
But the layers can and do peel away,
and it does get easier.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When our well water became contaminated with parasites, blasto caused the most symptoms for me. Shortness of breath, terrible insomnia, nausea, weight loss, green stool, constipation, night sweats, sweating of hands and feet, dry mouth, etc...

I have found that you do have to rotate herbs but rife treatments work very well for it. When I started the CD (MMS) baby bottle protocol along with rife, after about 4 months, my blasto was gone based on EDS testing. And I felt so much better. Treating worms and other parasites helps a lot. I tried many herbal protocols and parasitic meds and even some abx, and couldn't shake the blasto. The CD protocol with rife worked the best.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

surprise you said it just like I would have if I said it to someone!

I am ready for a battle, but must gain strength in troupes.

I have been reading so much, well as much as unpainly possible in the last 24 hours

and it got me thinking..... if I die tomorrow, would someone be ale to say, "...and she did all she could to fight this thing and for the cause"

Speaking of all Tick borne disease of course.

I def want to get better.

I am very information and investigation driven. This adventure of mine for the last 2 decades of my life has really taught me so much.

and the scientific information out there is incredible.

So, I knew I had blasto as it is on the long list of stuff to get rid of according to my llmd. but, it is second from last.

He says I must go in order. so.... there it is.

I just actually finished my lyme specified treatment and I do actually feel better, and this blasto reacting to me having evicted it from it's home, is letting me know it is big trouble.

I think I will start a new thread about Blasto. as while I am finding all the reading interesting

I do still have trouble doing so and I can't seem to find very specific ways to help your life when suffering from this.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement