LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Do you think DENIAL is a symptom?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do you think DENIAL is a symptom?
Kudzuslipper
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another deep thought about our common enemy. Do you think denial could actually be caused by the spirochetes... A defense mechanism... To keep you from killing them right away... So they can embed deeper????

About a month ago I was doing yard work I was covered with Deep woods OFF thinking it overkill for my patch of green in suburbia.

the next day I saw what looked like a pimple on my neck. I didn't think anything of it. Well this pimple didn't respond to my usual methods. And about two weeks ago I noticed a faint red circle around it. I didn't even think tick! Thought irritated it. This circle grew to about the size of a dime... still no thought of Lyme, just annoyed that I have a big red spot on my neck.. I just kept covering it with foundation. Today I notice it is about the size of a nickel... Not bullseye except for the pimple/bite in the center. Today, I thought about my roving pains over the past month. My really bad, intense flare. My day of irrational crying in a meeting with 12 people and my boss (that hadn't happened for more than two years) And I thought... Could this have been a bite? Am I reinfected? Well I am going to my Dr. on Monday...

But this was a month of clueless denial... From some one who preaches to everyone I know to treat the bite! Don't wait! From someone who went through 2 years of misery treating--

I mean maybe it's not... I mean you can't treat every mosquito bite... Right? Denial or sensible?

Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it can be a fine line, what I hear you saying, between knowing everything we know, and also not spiraling down into it versus living life in front of you, trying to enjoy what's left.

At least I think that's what you are saying!

I do find yeast wants to thrive, just when it's about to leave, I crave foods to help it stay.

But what are you going to do? Get some Doxy?
I think you and Dessert should move out by me in CA.
Get out of endemic in your yard areas.

I recently had an experience with my daughter, it was fairly profound, and it led me to book a LLMD appt., after thinking being 'done' for her-- and then I wonder how long have I missed it?

But somebody must be looking out for us to have finally lit the burning bush (like your bullseye.)
Have to think all the trials and previous treatments will make it easier.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh no it's not denial. nope....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear ya, Kudzu and surprise! I had yeast staring me in the face a few years ago and I listened to my clueless GI doctor instead.

And you are right, surprise .. just as we think we have a handle on it, we eat something we shouldn't. ARGGH!!

Kudzu... I hope it's not really a tick bite. I hope I hope I hope.

But .. at least you can get right on this and make it go away!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kudzuslipper:
Do you think denial could actually be caused by the spirochetes...

100%. Something bit me and I thought it was a mosquito (yet I know better, and everything there is to know about ticks & lyme). Then a couple weeks later I felt bad. I thought I was having an unusually bad herx, but didn't really give it much thought. It wasn't until a month later I put two and two together. These things mess with our minds big time. That's how they can continue to live.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes!

I think one of the Bb defense mechanisms is to invade the brain and cause so muc damage,

Our brain then is no longer our bodies defense mechanism.

I just realized I keep forgetting to take my herbs.

They were so effective ie herxed.

Why am I forgetting now?

Because I thing BB and bart affect that part of our brain.

I'm rambling but I am sorry you got bit again kudzu [Frown]

My doc says any insect bite that causes inflammation CAN cause a flare of TBD.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I've seen denial on a symptom list for Lyme.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but I think it may inability to think through what's actually going on.

When I was reinfected, I swear my brain just turned off (probably the spirochetes eating it).

It took me awhile to even think straight enough to realize the doctor I was seeing was NOT giving me proper Lyme treatment (this is after already having been through this before).

It took me another months to finally see the doctor who helped me with my Lyme initial infection.

I keep looking back at that time going, "What was I thinking????"

I guess I have to come to terms with I wasn't able to think straight at all back then.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok.... maybe denial... also maybe repression. And this is why I didn't want anymore abx....

went to my PCP this morning (love that she fit me in!) looked at my ring and said she didn't think it looked like a bullseye but gave me azythro and doxy for at least a month... flagyl to take on my usual flare weeks with it. Just to be safe and since I had a really bad flare the last 2 months.

I took my first dose of zyth and doxy at 12:30 today... at 3pm I started to feel dizzy. can zyth make you dizzy from one pill?

I know it can mess with your ears, but I was on it for months and months when I treated and was never dizzy. but this winter (thinking we would do a abx challenge to see if I herxed or felt better) I got dizzy while taking it after 3 weeks, But then it turned out I had a double ear infection.

she likes zyth cause she says it is proven that people become less resistant. (has anyone heard that before? ) and it worked for her chronic lyme and her son's.

so is dizziness, after one dose, a side effect, or a herx, or lyme? I have to admit, last night before the zyth, i was on the floor stretching and I got tiny hint of dizziness that went away. so maybe it is not related...

but should I continue?

Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes - I got vertigo at the end of last September from one 50mg IV dose of Doxy...the vertigo hasn't stopped since.

I suspect the doxy stirred up Babesia or something...don't know.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Traumatic circumstances tend to carry a list of stages, an early one being denial. You've already gone through trauma with this Lyme insanity. MAJOR trauma. At least that is what I went through. Another bite would send me into a total panic. I would probably snap. Which is why I have to get the hell out of the northeast.

Anyway, I know if I was bit again, there's no telling what my brain would do. I just might shut down and shut it out. Maybe that is what you did.

It is common. When a loved one dies, we often do this, just shut down and push it aside until we're ready to accept.

Don't downplay how awful Lyme is. It's easily the worst thing that's ever happened to me. I'd trade a beating every day for a year to never have had it.... if that even makes sense!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement