LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Question about vaccinations, Please help!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about vaccinations, Please help!!
gigimac
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband has gotten a new job at a hospital which we desperately need.

Unfortunately they are requiring him to get hep b and mmr vaccine and a tb test. I am not happy about this.

They are willing to test him for antibodies for the hep b but not mmr.

what possible side effects could there be?
Is there anything we can do legally? He already had all his vacs as a child.

Since lyme I just don't trust this kind of thing..

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Samlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They can test for the antibodies for the mmr vaccine too. I really wish I never let them revaccinate me for that one. I swear someone's making a profit off that vaccine because it seems like they're needlessly pushing it all over the place.

I ended up getting a blood disorder called immune thrombocytopenia purpura shortly after being given the mmr booster vaccine just after starting at a hospital job that I really needed.

I've never been the same since. At this point I don't know if it was because I contracted Lyme around that time or maybe I had it and all the stupid vaccines they pushed on me strained my immune system enough to let an autoimmune disorder and lyme become more active…

Of course Dr's will look at me funny and blow me off if I inquire about the mmr-itp connection.

Here's a study showing that 1 in 25000 vaccinations results in ITP.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1884189/

The study was done on children because that's the population typically vaccinated. Maybe they need to do a new one to see what the percentage is of adults developing ITP who are needlessly revaccinated.

ITP causes your platelet levels to be low. It can cause fatigue, easy bruising, worst case scenario involves bleeding. Your platelets are what clot your blood so without enough platelets you can get things like nosebleeds that don't stop and need to be cauterized in the emergency room, internal bleeding like a brain hemorrhage is a major concern once the platelets get low enough.

The only treatment seems to be IVIG, steroids, chemo… There's not a lot that can be done to. They try to suppress the immune system.

Who knows, one of the coinfections, ehrlichia, can cause thrombocytopenia too… maybe I never even had itp and it was just another one of those misdiagnoses that delay your lyme diagnosis… i'm still annoyed that they made it seem like I didn't have an option with the mmr vaccine.

you can use the search feature on here to see that someone else asked about "mmr" not too long ago. I responded along with someone else saying it wasn't worth the risk.

I reacted strongly to the TB test. They just put something under your skin on your arm you wait a few days and see if the bump grows beyond a certain size, like bigger than a half dollar. If it does I think they do a chest x-ray or something to see if you actually have tb.

I just got a copy of my immunization records and noticed they put one of the tb tests I got as positive. That's so annoying and ridiculous because I had to fax their office my results after getting the bump measured and I know I reacted more than most people, some people don't even get a bump, but I know I wasn't considered to have TB.

And the fact that they'd even list me as positive for tb and not do any follow up…

Gahhh maddening. I was very unimpressed with my hospital job and their sloppy pushy immunization rules. It's a major reason why I don't work at a hospital anymore. Which is a shame because I liked the work and found that it offered a lot of room for growth.

I didn't know you could get the antibody test for mmr. I wish I had gone that route. If they won't do it I'd suggest getting another dr. to do it and then you can give them the record.

They just need a piece of paper that shows he's vaccinated so they can check off a box and move on.

Posts: 154 | From Boston | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Look up "safe vaccines" -- "mercury free vaccines" "formaldehyde free vaccines" and see if you can find a professional group to guide you in how to at least insist on the "greenest" vaccine possible.

A thimerosol-free vaccine would have to ordered. And he'd want to SEE the vial to be certain. Yet, that only covers the mercury, not the formaldehyde, etc.

Google: thimerosal "Robert Kennedy, Jr"

He's done some excellent work in this regard. But, look past the articles that criticize him. Find his actual work. It's very impressive and excellent scholarhship. And it was just ignored.

But your husband should be aware that all the political powers and medical establishments say there is no problem. So, to work in a hospital, one must be savvy with what they say and how they approach such a matter.

Also look up what supplements to take before and after -- probably best to avoid all aerobic activity just prior or afterward, too, as that can put the immune system out for so many hours afterward, even in a healthy person.

cross search vaccines with these doctors for their articles on the subject: Holtorf . . . Mercola . . .

Now the thing is, that the concept of vaccines is not so bad as the preservatives and additives in them. I get that some diseases are dire, indeed, and the concept is a basically sound one. It's just what we've done to them (and the volume, too).

If one is required to have a vaccine (of course figure out if it's already been done or there is some immune marker that will prove all is well).

Beyond that, see if there is a naturopathic doctor near who could advise before . . . and also as to the specifics of what to ask for -- in advance. Some of these have to be ordered, etc.

The ND would also know how to support when a vaccine is to be done.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
For a start:

http://www.momsagainstmercury.org/research.htm

Moms Against Mercury - Research
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLND says there is a specific protocol for helping the body when one needs specific vaccinations for work/travel.

I had a really hard time with a tetanus booster. It had a few others in it and it was a live vaccine. I believe the mmr is a live vaccine also?

Can you consult a naturopathic doc in your area asap?
Hopefully they will have a vaccination detox regimen etc.

PS. Congrats on your hubby's new job! Yay! Hurrah!

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, he is supposed to get the vaccines tomorrow. and start work Monday. i am not sure how long we can wait and don't have access to a naturopath, or the money.

I plan on him requesting to have his antibodies tested before agreeing to a vaccination.

i am seriously hoping he will have immunity to all these and we can avoid the vaccinations altogether!!

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if he refuses will he get the job?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
I can see that refusal could work against him. If he inquires about options, it would be best to do that anonymously (at least at first until he comes to a decision - if he goes through with it, no need to bring attention to himself).

Now, if he is relatively healthy, he may do just fine. Many people do, which is why those who do not are met with such disbelief.

I suggest support and aerobic exercise avoidance prior and after, too, though.

A good job, a paycheck, food on the table, all that is really important. Most in medical establishments are very quick to brand anyone who questions vaccines as stupid, wacko and a rebel. And that is not the way to start a new job.

Some of the detail here would do better with more time to study. Still, some other links here can tell you what supplements, or veggies / fruits, could help with support.

http://www.realfarmacy.com/if-your-doctor-insists-that-vaccines-are-safe/#CPWeCX6Bi2XOJXt2.01

links to: home site ? http://preventdisease.com/

Dave Mihalovic is a Naturopathic Doctor who specializes in vaccine research, cancer prevention and a natural approach to treatment.

If Your Doctor Insists That Vaccines Are Safe, Then Have Them Sign This Form

Jun 22, 2013 (year?)

Now, while this has very valid considerations, I post it for study . . . I would certainly hesitate making such waves in a new job, who wouldn't?

Perhaps, the most important points could be asked about whatever vaccine is to be used, though.

If a mercury free vaccine is desired, that may need to be ordered TODAY - there may be some in your town but maybe not at all clinics.

CALL YOUR LOCAL AUTISM SUPPORT GROUPS for names of doctors or advice, too. They should be able to help navigate this.

Is there a religious objection?

Still, a hospital may require it, anyway for all employees . . . and, really, the mmr concept of protection a valid point, too, for those around pregnant women and infants, especially.

The autism group may know of the safest doctors or clinic with the "greenest" ingredients to seek out.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/09/19/The-Truth-about-the-Flu-Shot.aspx

What To Do if You are Forced to Take Swine Flu Shot (by Dr. Mercola) 2009

Not the same vaccination, still some good suggestions. Excerpt (from the very end of the article):

Treatment for Toxic Vaccine Exposure

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=124202;p=0

Vaccinations ? May, 2013 - Links

There may be additional support suggestions here. I don't have time to sort through for the most positive approaches, given the sort time frame and the way the cards seem stacked to do this.
-

yanivnaced
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yanivnaced     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can he claim that it is against his religious beliefs?

I might do that when my son goes into pre-k this fall.

Posts: 655 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Google Advanced Search: Immunizations "opt out" "religious" "Medical center employee"

Basic cross search terms that bring up some links.
You'd want to pop in the exact name of the new employer group . . . see what their handbook says -- and the other requirements for opting out.

Not sure how to be certain that it's the most updated document, though.

If so, there is likely a specific form - and they do not take kindly to someone just pulling a religious reason out of thin air. There would need to be some sort of tie to it.

Within the past month, some members of the Amish community have just started to take vaccines after a measles outbreak.

Again, the autism support groups (many of whom opt out) would be able to share information.

Still, with MMR, you would want to consider if the wearing of a mask (or other alternative options) would offer enough protection (for self & coworkers, patients) for someone who might be working with patients, especially infants.

It may but it's just good to have as many answers as possible.

For other jobs in the medical center, it may not be the same dilemma.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Going back to the Hepatitis B (not sure if that was to be a screening or a vaccine?).

A couple different "voices" here. With the first, there is some detail that is important to know about the infection, itself. I don't see why a vaccine would be necessary, really, unless in a high risk group.

I can see why a medical center may want to screen were there to be any fluid / blood interaction but how would that really happen, anyway? There are already so many safety measures that should protect against any mishaps with knives, needles, donating blood, etc.

[We all know lyme can get through blood donations but that's another matter.]

I see a huge privacy concern with screening for one's job when the employer does the test and they know the results first.

http://www.hepb.org/hepb/transmission.htm

Hepatitis B

. . . transmitted through blood / body fluids. Not casual transmission.

http://www.hepb.org/

Hepatitis B Foundation

http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleID=1874742#.U7H868KO-00.twitter

1 July 2014

Screening for Hepatitis B Virus Infection: A Public Health Imperative

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/07/07/60-things-that-can-go-terribly-wrong-with-hepatitis-b-vaccination.aspx

60 Things that Can Go Terribly Wrong with Hepatitis B Vaccination

2011 - Joseph Mercola

Scroll all the way down to see Mercola's concerns. And search for any more recent articles he may have.

https://nvicadvocacy.org/members/Home.aspx

NVIC Advocacy Portal (NVICAP)

National Vaccine Information Center - . . . Achieving and protecting the right to informed consent to vaccination is more important now than ever before . . .
-

gigimac
Member # 33353

He has not made waves over all this, thankfully there was a box to check if u wanted to test for antibodies instead of getting vaccinated.

he took the test and i guess we will find out soon if he has to get a vaccination.

so far he has just had the tb test, which i didn't think much about. I hope that is not problematic?

I had several tb tests for the place i worked before i was ill with no problem.

I doubt they would hire him if he refused since it is a hospital. We need this job really bad so hopefully it all goes well.

Thank you for all the info. everyone!

Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the religious belief suggestion (Yanivnaced).

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is important to have a healthy immune system so that you can respond appropriately to the vaccine...

so it can do the job it was intended to do i.e., help make antibodies that will stay present for awhile should you come into contact with a pathogen that has those antigens.

My OLD(er) dog had too many vaccines all at once and when into CHF! A different vet tried to reverse this situation via steroids, but it was too late.

I think giving our soldiers so many vaccines all at once and sending them into stressful environments PLUS exposure to toxins is a recipe for disaster.

Read this title slowly:

"Dysregulated mitochondrial genes and networks with drug targets in

postmortem brain of patients with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)

revealed by human mitochondria-focused cDNA microarrays."

PMID: 18690294

Some people are at greater risk of adverse reactions to vaccines due to underlying genetic predispositions:

"Many children should NOT receive vaccinations because they have underlying mitochondrial disorders that make them exponentially more vulnerable to vaccine damage.

Mitochondrial disorder results from alterations in DNA that damage the body’s energy system, including the ability to produce and utilize ATP (Adenosine Tri-Phosphate).

This changes the way the immune system responds to challenge and results in

systemic damage rather than

the child responding with increased immunity (which is the supposed goal of vaccinations)."

http://vaxtruth.org/2011/08/mitochondrial-disorder-and-vaccine-injury-stuff-you-need-to-know/

Compared to Roman soldiers...the healthiest, strongest, best fed, etc.

In hindsight...my daughter had a huge negative response to her 1st DPT shot. IMO, it is given too soon. Her "clear" young skin developed a rather large "age spot" at the location on her thigh where the shot was given. It remains to this day.

There are MANY diseases where there is "mitochondrial dysfunction" and add environment (pathogens' antigens or toxic exposure - like agent orange - thanks Monsanto! AND stress PLUS an underlying genetic predisposition isn't good!

BTW...as a OB RN (where there is a lot of exposure to blood), I was not offered a HIV vaccine...

Just saying...they (employers) can't protect us from EVERYTHING.

My sis was Rx'd Humira (lowers TNF alpha levels)by a "ruinatologist" in the Midwest years ago. She was supposed to have a TB test done before the prescription was given. Do you think the doc ordered it? Naah.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement