LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Can Bartonella go dormant for YEARS?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can Bartonella go dormant for YEARS?
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got my diabetic cat tested at Galaxy and he was negative (3 draws) so I guess I didn't get re-infected with bartonella from him. It must have been dormant since I quit treating it back in 2010.

I began Bartonella treatment in December 2009 and treated until September 2010. Then I began babesia duncani treatment for a year. After that I was treating Protomyxzoa.

In the summer of 2013 I began to feel sick with bartonella again. It was even worse than the first time. I couldn't get a doctor to help me so I began self treating in January of this year. It is a lot better.

I am worried about it going dormant again and coming up again - or another infection becoming active again.

Things that did not go completely away last time were dry eyes, trouble sleeping and a swollen lump on my ankle. Maybe I should continue to treat until all of those things are resolved.

My headaches are finally gone. The soles of my feet are a little sore when I first get up, my eyes are still dry and that lump is not completely gone.

We do not have deer ticks here so I wasn't re-infected from a tick bite unless it was the soft bellied tick that gave me relapsing fever.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure Neff.

I would say Yes, as I have a few family members whom I believe have bartonella...

Is there a bartonella canis? I didn't realize dogs has higher bartonella infection rates than cats.

Do you get bit by fleas or flies? Those could possibly have reinfected you.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think all ticks carry it.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We don't have fleas here, thank goodness and no deer ticks either.

I will look up if the kind of tick that carries tick relapsing fever could have given it to me.

I was bitten by a cat when I was a kid. I got bad insomnia after that but no skin changes or anything else. I had migraines but they were every couple of months and I believe they were connected to hormone changes.

I sure have been sleeping better. Every night I go to bed and wonder if I am at the end of the string of wonderful full nights sleep. The next thing I know it is morning.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nefferdun:

I will look up if the kind of tick that carries tick relapsing fever could have given it to me.

Neff, I don't think this is documented yet. Most people don't have 30-50 years to wait for the evidence though.

Different subject but even Dr. Oz has said regarding evidenced based medicine it takes 30 years for them to catch up. All ticks dig a hole and suck blood, so IMO it's likely that whatever is in their stomachs can co mingle with their host.

Wonderful you are sleeping better!

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

I guess I don't really have to know where it came from except it worries me, that if it went dormant once, it will do it again. On the other hand, if I was re-infected by the tick that gave me relapsing fever, then I can get rid of it.

So I am going to assume it was the tick that gave me relapsing fever. I want to believe I can get well and not just go into remission until it decides to come back again.

It is incredible that I am sleeping so well. I feel so normal. My brain function is much better too. I solved a couple of brain teasers, when some other people didn't get it. It felt great.

I don't have much motivation though. I think that is gone for good - just got old during lyme.

--------------------

hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a thought about what type of ticks we have in Montana and what they carry.

The Canadian Rockies did a study years ago on the kinds of ticks that they had. This was across the border from Glacier Park in Montana. They found 5 different kinds of ticks and these ticks all carried Lyme for sure and can't remember all the co infections. The Canadian lyme website might still have this info on it.

And remember, they are finding all sorts of bugs that carry all these co infections now. Could be a horse fly, chigger, mosquito, etc. And yes, will take years for that all to be 'proven'....

I really think here in Montana we have most every type of tick, which it doesn't really matter. We have Yellowstone and Glacier where people from all over each state come in, with their pets, bringing in all sort of 'things'.

I have gone into remission for years at a time.

Love to hear that you're sleeping better and all night! Yay! I'm doing better since on the BiEst hormone cream!!!

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

I just saw your post hadlyme. That is very interesting because I am not very far from Glacier Park. I must have gotten re-infected from the tick that gave me borellia hermsae - relapsing fever.

I think I was bitten on a trail ride. The type of tick that transmits it only has to be attached for 15 minutes and then falls off. It must have given me bart at the same time.

This is different than the bart I had before in 2009. I had a lot of muscle twitching then but haven't had it this time. I have the sore soles of the feet but didn't have them in 2009. I also got stretch marks on my hips this time but not last.

I am watching the brown spots fading. My headaches are pretty much gone. I was taking imerex every day. It is wonderful to be able to sleep. I could be more motivated, that is for sure, but then again, it is hot.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement