LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I had gotten lyme and friends again

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I had gotten lyme and friends again
lymie_in_md
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to come clean, why is Bob back on lymenet ? I thought I would go through the latest details of my latest bout with my old friend lyme and friends. Given my knowledge and my way of fighting for my health. Sorry if this is too long to get through.

BTW: I believe I got lyme from tick bite while I was playing tennis, I remember sitting down on the tennis court and that night seeing the rash for the first time with the bite mark on July 12th no tick attached.

I have 7 weeks of vacation to burn off by the end of the year and I've taken two weeks and I'm puttering around and have time to write. I tend to work 60 to 80 hour weeks. I like what I do and have a lot and a lot in common with Dr. Macdonald and his commitment only in my career.

So, I was bitten by a tick again. I'm a lyme warrior, but I took the doxy this time as much as I hate ABX, but sometimes you have to be practical.

Initially they gave me bactrim for a spider bite and a rash. As soon as the doctor diagnosed lyme, he told me to take just the doxy. I tested stronger for the bactrim then the doxy, so I ignored him (I believe in my testing) and took both. My guess is the tick had bartonella. Doctors can be good coaches, but I knew I was right.

On aside, prior to the bactrim, I tested positively for cat's claw. Consciously I prefer cat's claw because its natural, as soon as I got the bactrim, i didn't test positively for cat's claw anymore, it was the bactrim I preferred. I really believe it is important to find a way to do your own testing.

I'm a lot healthier than I was when I first had symptoms in 2006, so ABX didn't seem as much of a problem for me. So I created a protocol to support my gut while I was taking ABX and it didn't include probiotics at first and waited until I finished the ABX. My protocol prevented acid reflux which I'm prone and the bloating and gas I'm also prone too.

It was simply 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 10 minutes before I ate and 4 digestive enzyme with an HCL and pepsin tab along with cultured foods such yogurt sauerkraut.

But the best thing I did for my gut was a tincture of cramp bark 60 drops at a time two times a day.

The best herbal I used overall was poke root, I was doing 40 drops 3 times a day. I do not recommend anyone else doing so much poke root, it is very strong, most shouldn't do any more than 5 drops in water. I have an extremely strong affinity for this plant and I've been using poke root for a long time. It is in itself a natural ABX.

Initially I noticed lymph swelling, thats when I started the poke root. As soon as the poke root was started, all lymph swelling was gone and stopped the poke after the ABX. I haven't had it since.

Once the ABX finished, I zeroed in candida, I battled next with several of the typical herbs (garlic, oil of oregano caprilic acid -- lots of triphala and biofilm killer -- teasel tincture, proteolytic enzymes, coconut oil, noni, blackhull walnut tincture, and vitamin k2 rich butter).

Tested for the PE-1 again that I hadn't used in years (i used it direct with no homeopathics). I believe in the tipping point on the desease and if the desease is a seesaw, my end is going to weigh a ton. You have to take this disease extremely serious as we all know.

The result -- I couldn't bearly move for 3 days, barely function for 7 days, had no appetite for 15 days. Otherwise I no longer have any symptoms, not one. Well my tennis game is about 95 percent.

This was my western blot result, I had rash over 1/3 of my body, back, legs chest, arms.

Collected:07/24/2014 10:34 AM

Component Standard Range Your Value
BORRELIA BURGDORFERI IGG Negative
Reference range: Negative
B BURGDORFERI 18KD IGG, IB Nonreactive
B BURGDORFERI 23KD IGG, IB REACTIVE
B BURGDORFERI 28KD IGG, IB Nonreactive
B BURGDORFERI 30KD IGG, IB Nonreactive
B BURGDORFERI 39KD IGG, IB Nonreactive
B BURGDORFERI 41KD IGG, IB REACTIVE
B BURGDORFERI 45KD IGG, IB REACTIVE
B BURGDORFERI 58KD IGG, IB Nonreactive
B BURGDORFERI 66KD IGG, IB Nonreactive
B BURGDORFERI 93KD IGG, IB Nonreactive
BORRELIA BURGDORFERI IGM POSITIVE
Reference range: Negative
B BURGDORFERI 23KD IGM, IB REACTIVE
B BURGDORFERI 39KD IGM, IB REACTIVE
B BURGDORFERI 41KD IGM, IB REACTIVE

According to the following I've finally beaten Hashimotos Thyroditus and this is after the bite, by the way, I started trying to beat hashimotos actively 4 months before the latest thyrogobulin test. You can see how bad my hashimotos was in 2009 and my hashimotos is from lyme. I know I can't say cure, but I'll say it anyways, I believe I cured my hashimotos.

Collected:07/16/2014 3:32 PM

THYROGLOBULIN AB NEG IU/ML NEGATIVE

Collected:02/11/2009 9:30 AM

THYROID MICROSOMAL AB, TITER, SER, QN, LATEX 292 Reference range: <35
THYROGLOBULIN AB 163 Reference range: <20

The following is an email dialogue with my Kaiser Primary, I'm probably not going to tell them too much about my protocol, they wouldn't completely understand [Wink]

I have an alternative doctor and he prescribed naturethroid for my thyroid. The primary asked who it was and I told him no medical review board is going to know who this doctor is ever, at least not from me.

by the way my last name isn't lymie_in_md [Wink]

Received:7/30/2014 11:35 AM EDT
Dear Mr. Lymie_in_md,

Glad to hear the rash is improving. Please let me know if the symptoms do not resolve after treatment.

Sincerely,

KP MD

----- Message -----
Sent: 7/30/2014 11:03 AM EDT
To: KP MD
Subject: RE: Visit Follow-up Question

Just a status : the antibiotics caused quite a reaction on Saturday -- I couldn't move for about 24 hours. After that, my energy returned and only had to cope with minor issues. The rashes are almost all gone. I've stopped using any kind of sugary or simple carbs from my diet. Instead eating just meats and vegetables while I'm on ABX. I got a probiotic Udo's has several good strains. I'll probably take that for a couple of months.

Thanks Doctor KP,
Bob

----- Message -----
Sent: 7/23/2014 4:03 PM EDT
To: Bob Lymie_in_md

Dear Mr. Lymie_in_md,

Please take the antibiotics and schedule a follow up appointment if the symptoms are not improving with treatment.

Sincerely,

KP MD

----- Message -----
Sent: 7/23/2014 11:45 AM EDT

I had a feeling I shouldn't take the doxycycline until my test results, so I waited, and glad I did. There is no fluid in the rash, so there is nothing to drain.

It is slightly swollen and warm to the touch but seems less warm than before. It is more like a skin allergy where the redness is expanding and getting larger.

At this writing I don't have any systemic issues. Just don't understand why the I have sooooo many red areas which continue to grow. Its kind of like poison ivy. The rash is hardly noticeable, it doesn't itch and it doesn't hurt, it just gets bigger in area.

Bob

----- Message -----
Sent: 7/22/2014 2:25 PM EDT
To: Bob Lymie_in_md

Dear Mr. Lymie_in_md,

Please stop the doxycycline and take the new antibiotics instead which I have ordered for you. Please go to urgent care center if the pain and swelling is worsening as you may likely need incision and drainage of the infection.

Sincerely,

KP MD

----- Message -----
Sent: 7/20/2014 2:34 PM EDT
Subject: Visit Follow-up Question

the rash on my leg from the theory it was a spider bite appears to be growing steadilgy. It is double the size it was at my last visit. Finding I need extra sleep and have lost some of my appetite -- 8 pounds since the bite.

I'm not sure what spider bit me. I'm guessing a wolf spider based on the size and symtoms. It had affected my lymph no longer the case.

I have other sore and inflamed areas of the body one shows under my left chest and under my right armpit pretty close to lymph nodes. I'll send pictures in another email.

thanks,
Bob

Breaking this up for easier reading for many here -

[ 08-21-2014, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Bob, so sorry you got lyme again from a fresh bite. My daughter had been bitten 3 times this summer, and she started testing positive for Bb recently, even without symptoms yet.

I used the PE1 once last Sunday, and will do again this Sunday. And if it goes like before, I hope not to have to treat her more than 3 times...

Her life is as normal as it has been before, but I sort of worry a bit.

I got bitten 3 times this year too, so far so good.

She started testing positive after our vacation. During vacations, we stopped doing her diet (gluten free), stopped using cardamon daily, taking supplements... And she has been sleeping too later for a child. I wonder if all that didn't make her dormant borrelia back.

I don't think it comes from new bites....

Anyway, I hope you do treat well with the PE1, as much as you can, and try to get borrelia under control fast. Once it is under control, everything else is easier.

I wonder about the rash. If it were from lyme, it would have gone away pretty fast with doxy. It must be something else (like spider, as you say).

Crossing fingers for you, and I hope you find a solution to treat it.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy Brussels,

The dormant BB is the one you wonder about. I never had to pull a tick. I wonder if it is new lyme or old lyme. I'll never know without a tick. It still could be a spider and lyme came out of hiding, just don't know.

Right now I'm doing great, it seemed so easy to get rid of and the rash is gone. The rash went 6 days into using the doxy. I theorized if I attacked the biofilm while on the doxy, lyme would have no place to hide. I also wanted to keep the organisms out of the lymph.

I don't test for anything right now, no lyme, no coinfections, candida is under control. I really wanted to document one way of handling lyme. There are many and we should document it more. I hope to be setting a trend for new folks with lyme who get well. Kind of like Dr Alan Macdonald does with pathology cases.

Sorry you and your daughter got bitten. I know you'll get your daughter better, you know this disease all to well. If you have time Brussels maybe you could document what you did with your daughter. The more perspectives of what works might help others.

I too am hoping all goes well with your daughter.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sorry to hear that you are ill again, Bob. It does sound like you have a good handle on it!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Hi 22,

No need to be sorry, I'm not ill, not in the least. The flu was worse. But I haven't had the flu in years.

--------------------
Bob

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement