LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » did you see the report about alzheimers on 60 minutes? money available for mo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: did you see the report about alzheimers on 60 minutes? money available for mo
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More studies. They didnt mention Bb. I wonder what alan would say about the research they did. Some was interestung...he should get a chunk of that money

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course they never mentioned Bb. They are clueless.

What about "mo??"

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The mo was the word more but i ran out of space and couldnt correct cuz im.on phone

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, the rest of the world has no idea about bb's connection. It would have been great if they checked them for heavy metals too, but again it's probably too far out of their realm. Interesting about alcohol, coffee, etc though.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the link it's in two parts the alzheimers study is in the second part :

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/living-to-90-and-beyond/

I think you have to consider the studies done by Al were probably on much younger brains. When you get to 90 plus, plaques may develop for other reasons than lyme. I noticed the said dementia increase every 5 years from 60 on. I think any brain younger than 65 may be due to lyme. Maybe there is a distinction to consider.

I wonder what would happen if the studies focused on folks taking a lot of proteolytic enzymes / harataki / guaifenesin herb and the affects on 90 year old brains. Vitamin E is not going to affect plaque, but the ones listed do.

The other question I would have is the ability to increase vitamin D production within the body. What would that show.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Guiefenison helps prevent alz?

I take a lot of that to keep chest clear

I saw a book once that said taking it would cure fibromyaalgia

All interesting

Did you see at the end there is money to continue study to answer questuons

It seems with alans studies being 100% it would be good enough to getmoney for him, to study more

I was taught when you do research part of the paper goes over relevant studies

HOW CAN THEY JUST IGNOR ALANS WORK?

--------------------

surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did see the segment on 60 minutes last night on Alzheimer's via studying 90 yrs. old and over age group-

Basically, I thought it was ridiculous and depressing.

They found plaque build up in brains BOTH w/ Alzheimer's and without.
They also showed evidence of persons who had dementia/Alzheimer's with no plaques really, but, missing 'spaces, forges' on folks who apparently had undetected mini strokes or slight seizures, causing these 'spaces or missing tissue areas' in the brain. Depressing!

Furthermore, okay, um, exercise is good, couple glasses of wine, 3 cups of coffee, dessert okay- sex probably too... y'know, live life man, and move around.

Well shoot, must be genetic, they say at the end.
Right....ANOTHER genetic epidemic. Huh.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can they ignore McDonald's work? They've never heard of him.

-

Coconut oil and alzheimer's

http://www.naturalcuresnotmedicine.com/2014/08/dementia-prevention-coconut-oil-continues-succeeding-big-pharma-keeps-failing.html

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surprise, I saw the same show!

Hey...have a couple of glasses of wine. Hey, high blood pressure is BENEFICIAL...

Lots of very tiny blood vessel breaks/tiny strokes in brains...

Live each day to its fullest.

Do we want to know our "genetic predispositions" (APOE, etc.)?

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgot to mention vitamin k2, below is a pretty good article explaining its role in alzheimers:

http://www.uspharmacist.com/content/d/in-service/c/32018/

What Al did was to culture for lyme on the brains he received. I guess these scientist in the video would have to do the same for 90 year old brains.

We don't know the answer because only two people have thought to culture for lyme. And most doctors wouldn't be in the loop unless it is in the NEJM.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
:-)

That would be a YEAAAAA UP!

D3w/K2.

The conversion of K to K2 is supposed to happen in the mitochondria...which aren't...

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

I wonder how we can get the mitochondria to start working -- I'll ponder the question for awhile.

--------------------
Bob

lpkayak
Member # 5230

There is a combo of supps that seem to help mitochondria

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Such as?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
COq10, l-carnitine, etc. here is a snapshot of an expensive mito supplement, and FYI, no magic bullet:

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 2 capsules
Each Serving Contains Amount per Serving % of Daily Value
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 300 mg 500%
Vitamin E (natural d-alpha tocopheryl succinate) 250 I.U. 833%
Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) 100 mg 1000%
L-Carnitine 500 mg *
Coenzyme Q10 100 mg *
* Percent of Daily Value Not Established
Other Ingredients: Vegetable Grade Magnesium Stearate, Silica, and Cellulose.

--------------------
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Researched Nutritionals have a few products that address energy and mitochondrial function.

I have found a couple of their products to be very helpful, such as, ATP Fuel and Energy Multiplex.

Supposedly phospholipids help with cell membranes and things like phosphatidylcholine really help repair them or make them more permeable so that nutrients can get in and waste can get out.

ATP Fuel has a phospholipid delivery system that get the nutrients in the formula into the cell to nourish the mitochondria. One of the phospholipids is phosphatidylcholine.

I really like ATP Fuel, except for the price ($50/bottle from my doc).

Energy multiplex is cheaper, but has different ingredients. Earlier on I used it with noticeable energy gains.

People have supposedly had good success using these two in tandem; I have only used them one at a time, so I cannot attest to that.

I definitely have no share in the company, but I like their products.

https://www.researchednutritionals.com/store/item.cfm?code=CRN130&cat=22

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Check this out -- I looked for ATP liposomes and got quite a few more (anybody tried any of these ?):

http://www.encapsula.com/products_02.html

> Clodronate or Dichloromethylenediphosphonic acid (DMDP)
> Antibiotic Encapsulated Liposomes
> Anti-Tumor Drugs Encapsulated Liposomes
> Antioxidant Liposomes
> ATP Encapsulated Liposomes
> Hemoglobin encapsulated Liposomes (artificial blood)
> Vitamin Encapsulated Liposomes

quote:
ATP Encapsulated Liposomes

It is very well known that, under the conditions of ischemia, including myocardialischemia, the utilization of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is reduced and contractile function is depressed.

However, ATP consumption continues by various ATPases involved in a variety of metabolic reactions. ATP levels in the cardiomyocytes during cardiac ischemia drop to 20% of their initial value after approximately 15 min, which eventually leads to cell death.

The application/infusion of exogenous ATP seems to be an attractive possibility for restoration of the required level of ATP in ischemic cells.

However, strongly charged anions such as ATP cannot penetrate the plasma membrane and enter cells. In addition, ATP rapidly degrades in vivo and, thus, has a very short life-time in the circulation.

These limitations do not allow for the therapeutic use of free ATP as a bioenergetic substrate. Delivery of ATP to ischemic cells including cardiomyocytes requires alternative methods. Various formulations of ATP encapsulated liposomes are used for delivery of ATP to ischemic cells.

Encapsula NanoSciences provides various formulations of ATP encapsulated liposomes such as PEGylated ATP liposomes and non-PEGylated ATP liposomes. For more information send us an email at [email protected]

--------------------
Bob

beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aside from the science of it all, I took notice of how all these 90-somethings, many of whom were doing extraordinarily well by anyone's standards, took considerable time out of their days to participate in this study.

I told my husband that if I was ever blessed to live nearly as long, I certainly would not spend my time taking subtests and such.

Afterall, I might have only another 10 minutes to live and I certainly would be wanting to do thinga that were more fun [Big Grin]

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

I noticed no where was it mentioned/ asked if they got annual flu shots...the ones that still contain mercury. Hmmm.
Or amalgam fillings.

And the 'plaque' always reminds me of yeast.

Hopefully they are getting paid for their time. And, they feel like they are helping.

--------------------
doing okay!

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Surprise a lot of those are onmy list but it seems alpha lipoic acud with them is key

If i buy supps separately i need good quality ones.

Andfor me it makes a huge difference...like turning on or off a switch...i notice it with energy, daytime sleepiness. Fogginess etc

There have been duscussions on this before and i have posted protocols if anyone wants to search...i cant for a few dsys at least

--------------------

Eight Legs Bad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eight Legs Bad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's criminal that CDC and their allies have contrived to suppress the evidence published by Dr MacDonald and Dr Miklossy showing that spirochaetes are a cause of Alzheimer's.

The latest work by Dr MacDonald has detected Borrelia burgdorferi in the hippocampus (memory-associated brain region) of victims of Alzheimer's using state-of-the-art DNA probe technology (Molecular Beacons).

Dr MacDonald described his work at the launch meeting of the Spirochaetal Alzheimer's Association (SAA) in London in June.

I have written a report of that meeting complete with photos of some of his slides from the presentation, which is here:

http://www.spirochaetalalzheimersassociation.org/launchmtg.html

You can watch a video of the presentation itself, which is fascinating, on Youtube. Go to the SAA homepage and scroll down for the link:

http://www.spirochaetalalzheimersassociation.org/

It's very sad that even Willy Burgdorfer was co-opted into trying to deny the reality of the Borrelia-Alzheimer's link. Afterwards, he apologised privately, but did not do what he should have done - retract what he had published.

Elena

--------------------
Justice will be ours.

Posts: 786 | From UK | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

I keep wanting to believe this cover up, conspiracy stuff isnt happening but over and over it is just pushed in our face

Why? Money i guess. They get more rich keeping us sick. Right? THAT is SICK.

--------------------

Eight Legs Bad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eight Legs Bad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there are certainly financial interests involved in the Lyme Denial (Pharma, biotech , insurance interests etc). But they are secondary to the overriding interest of the US military (and its allies in other countries which are members of, or influenced by, NATO), which is covering up the facts because they consider them sensitive biowarfare issues.

Never mind how many millions are crippled or die as a result. (Did they care how many would be harmed by Agent Orange at the time?)

However it's probably best if we discuss that topic in one of the threads about it (I've started a couple recently on Medical), and just discuss Alzheimer's on this one, so that people know where to go to find each topic.

Elena

--------------------
Justice will be ours.

Posts: 786 | From UK | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eight Legs Bad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13680

Hot off the press...

"...We found over a ten-fold increased occurrence of AD when there is detectable evidence of spirochetal infection..."

Bacterial Infection and Alzheimer's Disease: A Meta-Analysis
Journal of Alzheimer's Disease 2Sep 2014

Priya Maheshwari1, Guy D. Eslick1

1The Whiteley-Martin Research Centre, Discipline of Surgery, The University of Sydney, Nepean Hospital, Penrith, NSW, Australia
Abstract

The possibility of an infectious etiology for Alzheimer's disease (AD) has been repeatedly postulated over the past three decades.

We provide the first meta-analysis to address the relationship between bacterial infection and AD. Studies examining the association between AD and spirochetal bacteria or Chlamydophila pneumoniae (Cpn) were identified through a systematic search of the databases MEDLINE, EMBASE, PubMed, and Google Scholar.

Data combined from 25 relevant, primarily case-control studies demonstrated a statistically significant association between AD and detectable evidence of infection of either bacterial group.

We found over a ten-fold increased occurrence of AD when there is detectable evidence of spirochetal infection (OR: 10.61; 95% CI: 3.38–33.29) and over a four-fold increased occurrence of AD in a conservative risk estimate (OR 4.45; 95% CI: 2.33–8.52).

We found over a five-fold increased occurrence of AD with Cpn infection (OR 5.66; 95% CI: 1.83–17.51). This study shows a strongly positive association between bacterial infection and AD. Further detailed investigation of the role of bacterial infection is warranted.

Journal Title - Journal of Alzheimer's Disease
Article Title - Bacterial Infection and Alzheimer's Disease: A Meta-Analysis

Author - Priya Maheshwari
Author - Guy D. Eslick
DOI - 10.3233/JAD-140621
Link - http://iospress.metapress.com/content/M6204X0J88742410

--------------------
Justice will be ours.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

why is this first? whats wrong with alans research? but thank you...hope that info gets to the right place to make a difference

--------------------

Eight Legs Bad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13680

They are using Dr. MacDonald's research, and also that of others including Dr. Miklossy.

What these researchers have done is examined all the published studies where spirochaetes or Chlamydophila pneumoniae (formerly Chlamydia pnsumoniae) were found in Alzheimer's brain tissue, and then mathematically worked out the significance taking all the studies into account.

And as you can see, they conclude that Spirochaetes are VERY significant.

Elena

--------------------
Justice will be ours.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement