LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Shaking and Lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shaking and Lyme
Jordana
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing that bothers me the most out of all the things that bother me is this shaking I have. I have lhermittes sign sometimes but sometimes I just shake. This isn't a tremor -- it's fasciculations, either feeling something jumping around sort of under my skin, the muscles popping -- or my back, torso and neck will just be trembling, all up and down my spine.

It has to be Lyme, but has anyone else experienced this?

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
With any kind of tremors, shaking, etc. the first two considerations are:

1. blood glucose

2. magnesium

It can be very frightening, as motor control has been a big issue for me. Be sure your blood glucose is stable and be certain to eat good food, frequently, with protein, complex carbs and fat with eat meal / snack.

Real protein really matters - not powders but from food. Same with all the foods, actually, for shaking, etc. whole foods are usually much more stabilizing than any kind of powders or liquid meals.

GOOD fats are key, too. Coconut oil can be especially helpful to calm down that overactive NMDA hyper nerve activity. FISH OIL also extremely helpful to the nerve fibers in such circumstances.

This could be hypo or hyperglycemic reaction.

Many with lyme are very deficient in magnesium. Still, be sure your LLMD is aware of this symptom.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=123746;p=0

Topic: MAGNESIUM - Informational Links set
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Are you getting rocket fuel in your diet? If you are taking anything that is designed to "boost" energy level, that could explain a lot. We just can't "do" boosting.

Check all supplements and assess diet (and anything that comes into our bodies for:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/113775?#000000

Topic: Amino Acid Information Link

See post: Caution: Aspartate; Glutamine; and Phenylalanine (3 excitatory amino acids that can be wrong for us when added as supplements, beyond a normal dietary level)

Seaweed has its own natural MSG and can be very excitatory
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Other contributing factors / possible causes:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=029690;p=0

Excitotoxins; MSG; Aspartame; & "Natural" Flavors
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
And, such reactions can also be part of a herxheimer. Your liver support may need to be adjusted.

And, be mindful that it be more support and not too active "detox" activity. Sometimes some kinds of active "detox" can be too harsh. It's hard to define that term but this caution is better explained in the articles here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely try high quality magnesium. You may not be getting enough or it may not be absorbed by your body.

How are your adrenal glands doing? Have they been checked?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you looked at pages 9-10 of the Burrascano Guidelines where he lists some common lyme symptoms?

http://www.ilads.org/lyme/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

Here are two:

"Twitching of the face or other muscles"

"Tremor"

Also, if you use the LymeNet "search" function (near the top of the page) and type in the word "fasciculations" you will find previous posts that discuss it. Here are 2:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=106378;p=0#000000

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=126364;p=0#000002

Many with lyme have experienced this and discussed it on this board in the past.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you thank you so much [Smile] .

It's my worst thing. It really scares me.

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Yeah, Jordana, it can be very unsettling. This is also why LymeToo likely listed adrenal function as being important.

Your LLMD may be addressing adrenals for you with certain support measures. Dr. B, in the guidelines above that TF posts, mentions CORDYCEPS as the basic start for adrenal support.

Especially after any kind of episode, be sure to rest . . . and get some adrenal support on board.

ARNICA Homeopathic right after an "event" can also help.

Just be somewhat reassured that what you are experiencing is really fairly common for those with lyme and those also going through treatment.

So this should be nothing new to your LLMD. Be sure they are aware and ask their suggestions to help you feel better in this regard.

You might want to be sure to avoid ALL fluorescent lights. They can be too stimulating to the brain of those like us.

Take care.
-

Jordana
Member # 45305

Oh, man, you guys saved me from despair today. I slathered on a ton of mag oil and felt much better in about an hour. Not totally better, but manageable.

Funny thing about something like fluorescent lights. I have hated them all my life and always felt gross after a day underneath them. It was one reason I hated office work, I felt exhausted by that lighting by the end of the day.

Which makes you wonder...how long *have* I had Lyme, anyway?

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacredHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jordana, I ate a big steak a couple of nights ago, and noticed I had more energy.

I have lots of twitching too, but with treatment, supplements, ect..It has started to go away.

--------------------
Lyme flare June, July, August of 2013. Diagnosed September 2014 Lyme, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, Mono

Posts: 595 | From Texas Crossroads | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement