LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Symptom Questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Symptom Questions
jwick25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwick25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently got a bite that may or may not have been a tick.

Saw my LLMD and am just over 1 week into treating with Doryx.

I also deal with Candida. I know my levels were up prior to this bite because I had not been eating well, and my index fingers are peeling (giveaway for me).

LLMD gave me Fluconazole to take as well to keep Candida under control while on antibiotics.

I've kept a much better diet the past week to try to reduce candida before starting the Fluconazole because I am dreading the inevitable die-off reaction. Still need to start taking it.

Anyway, I started getting nausea last night, which might even be from my recent anxiety.

I was given GI Encap to take and have to start that as well.

Does GI Encap help reduce or prevent upset stomach?

My big question is the timing of my symptoms.

I've been in remission from chronic Lyme for 5+ years.

So, I'm guessing that a few things are possible:

--This was not a tick bite, and I'm feeling the effects of a Candida overgrowth that is becoming larger due to taking antibiotics. Or drug side effects.

--This was a tick bite, and I'm feeling effects of the Candida, possible drug side effects and possible Lyme/co-infection die off or presence.

I am also recently getting itchy....especially on my upper chest.

I'm really not feeling well and fearing a relapse from my old infection. Of course, if this latest was not even a tick bite....who the heck knows.

Anyone have any insight on symptoms and timing or GI Encap helping with nausea?

Posts: 711 | From Bucks County, PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Itchy and nausea - could it be an allergic reaction to one of the meds? Can come up even if you've been on them before.
Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nausea and itching are side effects of Doryx. See this webpage:

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-11077/doryx-oral/details#side-effects

It says you are to "get medical help right away" if you get itching as this is an allergic side effect. I would not continue the drug. You don't want this to get really bad (i.e., full body, unbearable, etc.).

Take Benadryl to get rid of the allergic reaction/itching. And, call the doc in the morning.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jwick25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwick25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm...interesting. Thank you for that information.

It's weird because I had mild itchiness on my upper chest on two mornings now.

Once I'm up and dressed, it goes away.

Might sound silly, but I'm wondering if it could be my sheets...? I think I'm using the same detergent.

I also got mild nausea again last night, but not nearly as intense or long-lasting as the previous night.

I researched and found that stress and anxiety (guilty) are the most common cause of feeling queasy at night.

It came and went quickly last night because I focused on breathing and relaxing.

I will definitely call my LLMD if the itching continues. I wonder if that could be a stress thing as well?

The web site seems to indicate that swelling might go along with the itching, and I have none of that.

But I'll check with my doc anyway....just to be safe.

Just funny how the chest itches only first thing in the morning, and the mild nausea only around dinner.

Maybe it's stress?

Oh...and I just started the GI Encap yesterday (the day after the first bit of nausea), so maybe that will start to soothe the stomach a little....?

Posts: 711 | From Bucks County, PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allergic reactions most often appear first thing in the morning. I believe it is because you have not drunk anything all night long, you are somewhat dehydrated, etc.

So, you have not been able to flush out all of the toxins that accumulated all night.

When I had lyme and many things gave me hives, I would wake up with hives and after so many hours of being up, they would fade.

So, I think you are more toxic in the morning naturally. And, as you are up for a while, you are moving out toxins of many kinds.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jwick25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15190

TF....very interesting!

Yeah, I've been drinking water, some tea and lemon water all day long.

But of course, once I go to bed....no more flushing out.

This makes me think that there is nothing dangerous going on here, and that I just might be a little itchy in the morning.

There are no rashes, hives, swelling or blisters.

I even wonder if being out in the sun a little the other day caused some sensitivity.

I'll just keep drinking, drinking, drinking.....!

What I really hope is that my symptoms are primarily from candida overgrowth that is being made even worse by the introduction of antibiotics.

Once I treat that - starting Fluconazole in a couple of days - I'll have a better idea of how I really feel.

jwick25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15190

I really need to start taking Fluconazole for intestinal yeast.

I know I had at least a slight overgrowth before I started antibiotics almost 2 weeks ago, so I'm guessing that

the overgrowth is even worse now.

I want to do everything I possibly can to detox.

I skin brush daily, drink lemon water when I can, drink lots of water through the day.

Anything else I should be doing?

I tried an Epsom bath a couple of weeks ago, and shortly afterward got really bad cramps in my lower back.

This was during my period, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

So now I'm nervous to try another bath.....although I've taken a few in the past with no problems.

Any supplements or things that will help?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement