LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Plans to make kraton illegal in NJ - please write your representative!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Plans to make kraton illegal in NJ - please write your representative!
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello-

They are trying to make kratom illegal in NJ. If you take kratom & it helps - please write your local representative!

There are alot of people with Lyme & other chronic ailments or chronic pain who have been helped by kratom. Please help to keep it legal!

-----

http://www.kratomselector.com/help-keep-kratom-legal/

Help Keep Kratom Legal
PETITIONS CAN AND DO HELP

Make sure you sign and share this petition to keep Kratom legal in NJ!

SIGN THE PETITION HERE to keep Kratom legal in New Jersey.
WRITING TO YOUR STATE REPRESENTATIVES

Every State Representative’s main goal is to get re-elected. When threatened with the idea that a large group of people may not vote for them due to a decision they make while in office, they start listening. I can say that up until about 2 months ago I never wrote my state

representatives. That is until Kratom was under threat to be made illegal in New Jersey. Someone on Reddit was nice enough to compile a list of all New Jersey representatives. I then used the Find and Replace feature of Microsoft Word to

replace all spaces with commas. This allowed me to copy and paste the large group of names into an e-mail and write a letter to those who represent me, my friends, family and fellow New Jersians.

This is the letter I wrote, feel free to copy/paste and send to your representatives:

Hello!
I am a NJ resident who previously had a nasty opiate addiction. The only substance that seemed to work after many rehabs and many dollars spent was Kratom. I find it unbelievable that this substance will be banned when so many people depend on it to stay clean.

Furthermore, Kratom was removed from the DEA’s drugs of concern list, It also has a death rate of ZERO compared to other drugs such as prescription drugs.

You might also want to familiarize yourself with this Ole Miss study:

http://news.olemiss.edu/new-hope-for-addicts/#.VUjjrJNiDps

Here are a few links to Forbe’s magazine articles regarding Kratom safety:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalvo/2012/09/22/is-kratom-the-new-bath-salts-or-just-an-organic-pain-reliever-with-euphoric-effects/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalvo/2013/02/15/the-kratom-experiment-begins/

http://www.daviddisalvo.org/the-daily-brain/2013/4/5/results-of-my-kratom-experiment.html

I really hope you guys shut this bill down. There are much more important things that should be on the agenda than an organic pain reliever that is safer than Tylenol.

Of course, this will be on my mind during voting season along with many others.
Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Surprisingly enough, Assemblyman Thomas P. Giblin wrote me back personally and here is the e-mail as follows:

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to Assembly Bill A4433 which criminalizes the manufacture, sale and possession of substances containing Kratom. It has provided

me with some valuable insight. I must confess that I have never heard of Kratom and have no knowledge of the benefits or negative aspects of this herb. There appears to be a total disconnect from the information contained in A4433 and the

information provided by constituents such as yourself. You note that it has been used in Thailand for many years, however, the information provided indicates that Kratom is illegal in Thailand as well as Australia, Malaysia and, in

the United States, in Tennessee. Apparently this bill will require considerable research and study before an intelligent, well informed decision can be made. I will certainly thoroughly review the

provisions of this legislation and will consider your concerns as well as the merits and long-term effects of this bill if it is presented to the Assembly for a vote.

It is important for citizens to take an active role in government in order to make it work effectively. As your state representative, I welcome constituent letters as they afford me the opportunity to gain a better understanding of the issues that they consider important.

I appreciate your having shared your concerns with me. Your views will receive every consideration.I hope that you will continue to keep me apprised of any suggestions or comments you may have on the critical issues facing our

State.
Thomas P. Giblin
Assemblyman – 34th Legislative District
1333 Broad Street
Clifton, NJ 07013
973.779.3125 / Fax: 973.779.3156
[email protected]

I was so elated that he wrote me back and even more-so since it was clearly an intelligent reply. He actually understood and admitted that rather blindly voting YES on a bill, that

research must be done because all the facts aren’t in. This letter he wrote back to me gave me hope. So, I recommend you get yourself a list of all your representatives and write a letter to them, for all I care, copy and paste my letter. I

have prepared a list of all NJ representatives for you so all you have to do is copy and paste into the TO: field int he e-mail.

Here they are:
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

As it turns out, they never ended up voting on that bill that day, most likely due to the large amount of e-mails and phone calls they received from people who depend on Kratom to help them live normal lives HOWEVER IT DID NOT GO AWAY!

On 5/11/2015 the bill was submitted and is being reviewed. You must sign the petition and write the representatives above, it will definitely help our cause.
BOTANICAL LEGAL DEFENSE ORGANIZATION

There are numerous ways we can all help to keep Kratom legal. But we all must do our part and not sit back with the idea that someone else will do it for us. We have strength in numbers and there are thousands of people that this herb has helped in a positive way. Thankfully there are

organizations out there that realize this herb isn’t dangerous and is fighting in our corner. One of them being the Botanical Legal Defense organization. They have been successful fighting state bans on Kratom and continue to fight the good fight. They have a link on their webpage

labeled Get Involved where you can keep up to date with their legal proceedings. If you have an extra dollar or two I would recommend Donating to them for all the hard work they do to keep Kratom legal and available.

----------

FYI-

This is an article about a woman with Lyme who is a lobbyist & is working to keep kratom legal.

http://www.kratomcrunch.com/american-kratom-associations-secret-weapon.html

"In Susan Ash we have an experienced lobbyist, who also suffers from chronic Lyme Disease and uses Kratom to manage ongoing symptoms. She is passionate about helping others — who’ve found relief from a myriad of disabling conditions through kratom — to maintain access to the herb that she needs, too."

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
droid1226
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droid1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to see the pharmaceutical lobbyist contributions on behalf of these laws.

It's not enough that they ignore the suffering & actually cause it. They also withhold lifesaving or quality-of-life improving drugs from people.

I know 2 people that will have to go back on oxycontin if they take away kratom. How in the hell can they outlaw coffee?

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/droid1226/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posts: 1181 | From ohio | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you don't feel like writing - there's a petition you can sign -

https://www.change.org/p/new-jersey-governor-new-jersey-state-house-new-jersey-state-senate-do-not-ban-kratom

There are more petitions to keep kratom legal in other states, too -

https://www.change.org/search?q=kratom

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

I'm bringing this up again because I sent letters out to my representatives today. I hope some of you will do the same...

This herb helps thousands of people who are in pain & suffering. I hope it doesn't get banned!

sparkle7
Member # 10397

PS - Here's a copy of my letter in case you would like to copy it & forward it off -

-----

Dear New Jersey Representative,

I am writing you today because I recently learned that there is an Assembly Bill A4433 which would criminalize the manufacture, sale and possession of substances containing kratom in NJ.

Kratom is a natural plant that is helping thousands of people live with chronic pain. It can also be used to alleviate opiate addiction and ease depression and anxiety. I am enclosing links to articles from Forbes magazine about kratom with some comments from readers. I urge you to familiarize yourself with this beneficial plant before you pass any legislation that will make kratom illegal in the state of NJ.

Here are a few links to Forbe’s magazine articles regarding kratom safety:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalvo/2012/09/22/is-kratom-the-new-bath-salts-or-just-an-organic-pain-reliever-with-euphoric-effects/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalvo/2013/02/15/the-kratom-experiment-begins/

http://www.daviddisalvo.org/the-daily-brain/2013/4/5/results-of-my-kratom-experiment.html

Here is a link to a university study of kratom done in 2013 regarding opiate addition:

http://news.olemiss.edu/new-hope-for-addicts/#.VUjjrJNiDps

This plant should be studied, not banned.

Sincerely,

Told you I was sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Told you I was sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Admittedly, I know squat about this substance. However, I remember seeing 2 posts within the last 6 months on LymeNet in which others had discussed Kratom.

Did not read but 3 sentences from this msn article, however, I see that Kratom is being billed as a dangerous drug. If only to prove that my brain is still able to recall information (yay, go brain!!!), when I saw the term used, I just knew that I had to pass the piece along.

Moderators, if I did (cited) this incorrectly or made another type of posting faux pas, please just fix/address accordingly. Hopefully, this article is relevant or helpful to someone?

"Kratom, an Addict’s Alternative, Is Found to Be Addictive Itself"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/kratom-an-addict’s-alternative-is-found-to-be-addictive-itself/ar-BBo8YFe?li=BBnb7Kz

Posts: 315 | From Negative (-) to positive (+) | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement