LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » i am screwed...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i am screwed...
overlyme
Member # 43455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for overlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have not been here in a while as i was over lyme .

i went back to my llmd and was put on tettracycline for lyme.. told to keep taking two weeks on two weeks off...

i could only get to ten days and had to stop taking it and then restart in two weeks...for 6 months..

now i got to the point were i felt fullness in my head and unsteady gate..i waited untill the last min where i was at a show with my wife and i could not understand the show..

that night i tried to sleep and had brain problems trying to sleep...went to the er and they would not do anything! they knew my lyme history..

went home and called my doctor local and he made sure i would not get it..i kept telling him about tettracycline...went to llmd and checked my eyes and said no psuedo tumor cerebri that all herx...

went home and thought it must be either alzheimers or radiation from a cell tower..then they told me that if i keep going back and i dont call a pshyciatrist i will end up in the nut house..

so i had head pain and wierd breakdown of my brain...the pain was brain..no one would listen even my llmd..i dealt with it for a month and after the three weeks ended the brain stopped hurting...

now i have so many neuro problems that i am screwed...even now if i go to the hospital they wont do anything..it was psuedo tumor cerebri and my life is over..lyme was nothing! i cant work or think!

my wife did not help at all during this crisis..no relief from the intercranial hypertension the whole time..now what do i do
? the doctor thinks i am nuts..

all because of a run away herx..no papildimia..no heart beat unless laying down..dont know what to do..need a tap to see where is the pressure now...mri was ok..

my old posts are under polar blast..

what to do about the neuro stuff and how to reverse? doctors and llmd dont listen..llmd thinks herx...

my brain hurt so much and have symptoms like alzhiemer..symptom stopped after three weeks..dam doctors! now i have to prove damage..how to reverse? praying to the lord my God to heal...let me know what you guys think

**edited for easier reading**

[ 11-08-2015, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
been there done that!

Posts: 93 | From ny | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sis (now autoimmune post lyme) prevented neuro lyme by taking the highest level of Prozac allowed.

For anxiety, try to chew 2 of these (don't taste bad):

http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Factors-Stress-Relax-Suntheanine-Chewable/dp/B000OEPAH0/ref=pd_sim_121_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=41VXqxXrQXL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR93%2C160_&refRID=1FW3PF R7G36W4QV8815J

"l-Theanine, an amino acid in green tea,

attenuates beta-amyloid-induced cognitive dysfunction and neurotoxicity:

reduction in oxidative damage and inactivation of ERK/p38 kinase and NF-kappaB pathways."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19766184

Don't combine the two (Prozac AND L-theanine), *unless your doc says okay*...but they do work on different neurotransmitters.

Prozac - serotonin, brain delta waves

L-theanine - dopamine, brain beta waves and acetylcholine, brain alpha waves.

Skim - heads up re: impact on gamma-delta T cells:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8coDLZojbd0J:http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm%3Flibid%3D16519

Skim and also consider NAC (N-acetyl cysteine):

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:yB03a4H-4aAJ:http://ndnr.com/neurology/neuroinflammation-lyme-disease/

Miracles happen!

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WakeUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OP--

Spend a few days drinking lots of Licorice tea or drops, or sarsaparilla or burbur.-- all available online. These plants bind Lyme endotoxins, which ***might** be part of your problem due to the die off created by the tetracycline..(I am not a doctor, but this is what I would try first)

Also buy some green drink powder and chlorella and try the above for a few days. (Green materials also absorb toxins)

Coffee enema may also help to flush out the Lyme endotoxins-- many here seem to have greatly benefited from it.(See the thread here)

Prozac can have suicide as a side effect.. although it does work for depression-- Im not saying don't try it, but it does need another visit to a doctor for the RX, and it is feeding cash to the big Pharma monster.. and Prozac will not clear out any toxins from the die off.

God bless you OP I am praying to our God for your recovery.

Posts: 696 | From New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WakeUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some more plants that may bind Lyme endotoxins, from this article:

http://www.nothing-is-incurable.com/2011/04/how-to-quickly-clear-out-lyme-disease.html

"The first way to eliminate toxins is to bind them up
When toxins are in the small intestines, they can easily pass through the intestinal walls back into the blood stream. If the toxins are bound to another substance before they can be re-absorbed, then they will be passed out through the stool. Cholestyramine is a synthetic resin that is prescribed by Lyme literate doctors to bind to toxins. Toxins have a negative charge which binds to the positive charge of Cholestyramine.

Chinese nut galls or Galla Chinensis (Chinese name: wu bei zi) and Terminalia Chebula or Haritaki (Chinese name: he zi) are used in a similar fashion to Cholestyramine in Chinese herbal medicine. These herbs have a strong affinity for binding to substances. So, it is recommended to take Galla Chinensis two hours away from other herbs and medications. Terminalia Chebula can be added to other herbs without the two hour restriction.

2. The second strategy is to eliminate toxins is to neutralize them
When Lyme bacteria are killed, they release endotoxins. There are several herbs that have stopped endotoxin shock in animal studies. When given to Lyme disease patients, they reduce herxheimer symptoms. These herbs include:
Forsythia Suspensa (Chinese name lian qiao)
Scutellaria Baicalensis (Chinese name: huang qin)
Taraxacum Officinale / Dandelion (Chinese name: pu gong ying)
Viola Yedoensis (Chinese name: zi hua di ding)

Posts: 696 | From New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prozac had an opposite effect on my son (more depressed), but he has 20+ symptoms of fragile X.

Prozac did help my sister.

Bb has an absolute need for tryptophan and this disease causes a Kyn/Trp imbalance.

By keeping serotonin levels higher longer, Bb is thus starved of tryptophan - it would appear.

We make the neurotransmitters which help convey a signal, then we break them down...make, break down, make...

Very fast all the time.

Years ago a drug called Tritec was used to destroy all forms of Bb camped out in the GI system only.

It wasn't "called for" much, so it is not available in the U.S. anymore, but could be compounded.

It is rantinidine (Zantac - H2 blocker) bismuth CITRATE (not Pepto Bismol - it won't work).

Here's the old link (2001):

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12051564

Seriously consider the L-Theanine I mentioned above.

I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Overlyme, I'm sure you know this but you need a new lyme doc. Even if you have to travel, do it. I drove 3 hrs each way to see my doc. Neuro stuff can also be heavy metals. I would also consider an ART practitioner.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, a new LLMD or even a naturopath or functional medicine MD could help you.

Find out your copper balance, status of B6 in the body .. just keep exploring other possibilities in order to get you well.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear it's back. [Frown]

I'm reading a book right now that's quite good. It doesn't address Lyme, but is about the nervous system. It's called "Why Isn't My Brain Working?" If you can read with your neuro symptoms, maybe it would have ideas to help.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anti-Malarials and anti parasitics. Artemisinin and rotate with crypto. Rotate juicing, enema, infrared sauna, B-methyl, )atenolol seemed to help with the head pressure and stuff. Get a another doctor.
Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry to hear you are suffering like this.

I get the intracranial pressure too so I know it is terrible. Mine doesn't last too long- only about a 5-7 days and not so often any more.

I am not sure what I did to make it better than it was, but I do think my initial doxy did help a lot of issues. also I did herbals with a dr from PA if you are interested you can PM me.

good luck. prayers for you

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what are you doing for detox?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement