LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » advice for kidney pain?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: advice for kidney pain?
paleogal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paleogal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've started to get this pain in my left kidney that's bad enough it wakes me up at night sometimes.

When it started I was on clarithromycin, nystatin, rifampin, primaquine, plus herbals.

I'm now on clarithromycin, nystatin, mepron, ivermectin, suprax (for a couple of days - pulsed), plus herbals. So, plenty of drugs in the system to get cleaned out.

I am doing a lot of detoxing - lemon water, dry skin brushing, and coffee enemas, sometimes molybdenum for headaches/neuro detox (thanks for the suggestion, LymeNet).

I drink plenty of water (now that I'm off rifampin and primaquine, my urine is normal colored and appropriate for someone who is well-hydrated). Sorry for the TMI. [Smile]

I have at least the big three - Lyme, Babs, Bart.

I've never had a kidney stone, so it might be that, but the pain often disappears, so I don't know.

Is there anything I can do to get rid of this pain? How do I find out if it's a kidney stone? Is there anything I can do to support my kidneys, specifically, since my liver seems OK? How about improving sleep when it's a sudden sharp pain that wakes me up?

Thanks for the help.

Posts: 243 | From Southern Arizona | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Q: how to improve sleep when sudden sharp pain wakes you up?

See a doctor tomorrow. If necessary, call Urgent care tonight. Sudden sharp pain is an important message.

This sounds like it's been going on a while but it's best to never just ride the wave where kidney pain is involved.

Now, it may not be actually kidney pain but other causes in that region.

Check all / each Rx as to their effects on kidneys.

You say that "the pain often disappears" - so that could be other things going on with your posture, inflammation, body mechanics, etc. - or maybe some kidney involvement but you need to talk to a doctor about this.

Your LLMD should be alerted and they may have the best suggestions for your action step here.

YOGA, gentle, seems logical. Assessing your body mechanics, etc. MASSAGE might also be excellent.

SHOES - always wear really good solid supporting shoes so that the lower back is not put under undue pressure.

Sleep with a pillow under your knees to help lower back, too.

An ultrasound seems a good request to help determine - or a doctor may have better ideas for imaging.

Don't try to "detox" too hard. I'd slow down on that, actually, and go more for nutritional support for both liver and kidneys. Frequent enemas can strain the low back, too.

I don't see any actual liver support nutrients in your list. Milk Thistle or Dandelion are good.

Be sure you aren't drinking too much water, too.

Be sure to avoid ibuprofen as that can damage kidneys.

The herb, Chanca Piedra (Stonebreaker) can be helpful but as you are on multiple Rx, it would be best to have a naturopathic doctor to guide you as to what will work with the Rx you take, etc.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
For now, a warm (not hot) heating pad - or a corn bag / microwave pad - and some magnesium may be good.

As it's not yet 6 pm where you live, you might ask a friend to go to a good natural foods store for you and get HERB PHARM TINCTURE for the STONEBREAKER &/ or SALVIA m.

Call ahead to be sure they have one or the other.

GINGER - even if just from your spice jar - in warm water can help ease inflammation. Not too much, though, at night as it can be a little stimulating to the mind.

Be sure to not take any calcium, other than in your food. And just a LITTLE magnesium but 3 -4 x a day. IF there is kidney trouble too much magnesium is not good. But, if it's spasming of the muscles, magnesium can be good so just keep it reasonable.

If too much calcium is a problem, reasonable magnesium can also help to offset that. When you talk to your doctor about this - tomorrow (I hope), you might ask for INTRACELLULAR RBC magnesium test to see your levels. And whatever is the best test for calcium, too.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=123746;p=0

Topic: MAGNESIUM - Informational Links set

LOTS of different links all within this section:

http://www.herballegacy.com/Chanca_Piedra_Thomas.html

Table of Contents.

CHANCA PIEDRA - by Melody Elaine Thomas

Main article:

http://www.herballegacy.com/Thomas_Experience.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=phyllanthus%20nirurii

PubMed Search:

Phyllanthus nirurii - 592 abstracts

http://www.wholeworldbotanicals.com/herbal_breakstone

BREAK-STONE, Chanca Piedra (Phyllanthus niruri)

http://www.herballegacy.com/Thomas_Experience.html

CHANCA PIEDRA - by Melody Elaine Thomas
-

[ 01-28-2016, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
This looks very nice & gentle. Don't push anything that seems too much, of course, adapt with key eye to the angle of the back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQuggphHEC4

Yin Yoga For The Kidney Meridians - Hips, Hamstrings, Spine

Nancy Nelson
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
For any herbs you take, also be sure they are more for the gentle support & nourishment of the "yin" and not the aggressive action of "yang" herbs (these are those that are more stimulating in action).

Just use the terms "yin" or "yang" in a cross search for whatever herb you take. Hope this eases and that, even tonight, you sleep well with some really nice dreams.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Sorry for so many posts. I just get so excited to share this kind of stuff and hope to help. I have found wonderful help with Salvia m.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/3/30956?#000000

SALVIA miltiorrhiza LINKS

Salvia miltiorrhiza is also called Dan Shen or Danshen
-

paleogal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paleogal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Keebler, I will give some of these a try.

I told my LLMD last week that I had this occasional twingey pain in my kidney area, but it is now bad enough that it wakes me up, so you're right I should call them. She didn't seem very concerned, but it has gotten worse.

I meant to ask about milk thistle but the memory's been off - I'll make a note when I call them to see if I can go on that. Some of the herbals I'm taking have teasel and red root (?) I think in them, which are supposed to help with liver?

I have been getting bloodwork every 2 weeks (because I guess the primaquine can destroy your liver), so that's how I know my liver's OK. Kidneys seem OK from the bloodwork, but hurt, so something's off.

I forgot about referred pain from something else - good point.

Thanks for the suggestions - I will call my doc and also ask about some of the solutions you recommended.

Posts: 243 | From Southern Arizona | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Yeah, teasel and red root are both nice - but teasel can be a bit aggressive (as I recall with my use of it). If you sense the dose you take helps, great. If you feel it "aggressive" back down a bit.

Anytime there is kidney irritation, the liver needs extra loving care.

In addition / or instead of massage, you might check your insurance coverage for any practitioner at the

UPLEDGER INSTITUTE website for your area. A full body cranial sacral adjustment might be in order.

A few gentle stretches now . . . and I hope you sleep well.
-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement