LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Trace minerals questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trace minerals questions
MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those of you using ionic foot detoxes or FIR saunas, are you using trace minerals afterwards?

Can you 'overdose' on trace minerals? How would you tell if you are using too much?

How do you feel if you are deficient in trace minerals?

Posts: 2251 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blymey919
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blymey919     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a great question(s).

I use trace minerals all day everyday. I add it to the water a drink along with some fresh lemon juice. Personally I feel it's helped strengthen my immune system, give me a little more energy and help me absorb my nutrients better - but I think it's also a part of a whole that's working to do all of this.

Curious to know if Trace Mineral Research may have anything under their FAQs section. I remember a rep with the company once told me that it did help some people with detox. But this was before I had Lyme so unfortunately I didn't dig much deeper into that statement!

As a random side note regarding trace minerals, when I was wondering whether trace minerals might 'work' for me, it was at the same time I also put a couple of drops in my dog's water bowl every day.

The reason being, my Vet said my dog may be deficient in minerals since she ate grass and dirt daily (also oddly particular about where she ate her grass and dirt...). Since I was already feeding my dog really good food, the vet suggested I add trace minerals to her water.

Since giving her the trace minerals my dog doesn't eat dirt anymore and only rarely munches on a sprig of grass. It's been over a year now. I liked that curious result. I also began adding some trace minerals to the water I use on my veggie and herb greenhouse garden.

Posts: 114 | From California | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a good idea to take minerals after sauna. Not sure about foot detox. You can tell how much and what kind you need if you muscle test them. You can learn from youtubes (it's easy).

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blymey919
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blymey919     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did a little more digging...

Things that MAY indicate trace mineral deficiency include muscle cramps or twitches, restless leg and/or heart palpitations. Of course these things can be caused by a variety of factors, but can often involve trace mineral deficiencies.

Also it would be difficult to take too much of trace minerals (in the mixed solution form) because any food based diuretics or detoxing or immune stress or digestive stress or aging deplete these minerals so we're kind of in constant need.

Posts: 114 | From California | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, this info was helpful.

My husband had been doing suanas or foot detoxes every day. It was helping him feel better when he felt toxic.

But lately he just felt toxic and he kept saying "it feels like I'm lacking something". Then I read Brussels thread " No ABX for lyme, in Paracelsius Switzerland" and it mentioned trace minerals.

We got some trace minerals and he's taking around 40 drops a day. He is having little windows of time of feeling better. He was feeling really anxious and awful.

He is giving th foot detoxes a break and continuing the FIR sauna to help sweat out the toxins. He has the MTHFR problem of not detoxing well.

We just didn't want to go overboard the other way and get too many trace minerals..... Lyme & co's treatment can be such a challenge.

Posts: 2251 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement