LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » been very unstable physically, now mentally

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: been very unstable physically, now mentally
lymewreck36
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymewreck36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel the darkness enshroud me, like it has a tight grip on me that I cannot get off. I wake in the morning with it coming to mind first thing. I choke down breakfast, and before I go to bed, I try to numb myself with stupid television.

But when the lights go out, I'm alone in the dark with the grim reaper.

Does anyone else know this kind of depression from not being able to gain stability in tick diseases?

mary

Posts: 1032 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Support Lwreck?! ...fake it if you can ,use drugs, st johns said some other suggestions on other post ..bee venom keeps me ok for the day ...

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was about that bad, completely withdrawn and not able to connect with anything around me. Everything was hopeless and I didn't care. I gave up trying to get over it and went on a low dose of ssri after many natural, less benign methods did nothing.

I am glad I did because it has helped me a lot. It is near impossible to care for oneself let alone a family when feeling that way, that's without the TBD's. I think the body has a hard time healing if the mind isn't able to find a positive direction.

Sometimes I feel like I am stable in treatment only to slide way back or have some new crazy issue crop up. It's really frustrating sometimes.

I hope you are able to get some relief from the darkness soon. Another consideration beyond the TBD's would be to get thyroid checked out. Thyroid issues can cause major depressive symptoms too.

Posts: 474 | From US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you need to find out what you'll respond to. We don't know until we try things, also having a good doctor who's a sleuth can help a lot.

Like I got high from trying pulsatilla 12X homeopathic remedy - this happened after discussion with a homeopathic doctor.

I tested low in thyroid and went on Armour thyroid and it completely changed my head around - I felt present again.

My brain chemistry is changing for the better with natural anti-inflamatories like turmeric powder and mangosteen juice - I have a brain marker - high prolactin count - going down every time I have a blood test.

Other good natural anti-inflammatories are noni juice and grapeseed extract capsules.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darkness shows up sometimes for people who are sick. Literally ask for "love and light" from above whenever you need it. Ask to be showered with it.

Think of happy things when you wake up. If you get off track, stop and toss the thought and get back to thinking about things you love. Spiritual counseling, A-bart (depression), and lots of detoxing helps.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mary, I forgot to mention that sometimes the parasite meds do that to me. I think it's them passing on their darkness or fear.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know...not to be insensitive but it could be a neuroherx.

What about neuro antitox II? Cinnamon removes ammonia. Etc.

[ 08-25-2016, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: Jordana ]

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This happens to many people with Lyme and cos. It can cross the blood brain barrier. If you are on Lyme and co treatment meds, it could be a neuro herx. I recommend contacting your LLMD. He or she needs to be aware of this and may be able to provide more insight.

I'm sorry you are going through this. Keep fighting. [group hug]

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you want I'll share my cave with you.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went through that - the fear and the darkness. I've heard it said that Lyme is evil and, I hesitate to even repeat that because I believe in living in God's light and relishing every moment and every facet of life.

When I was seriously ill and, due to depersonalization - not taking abx or herbals, not even thinking of helping myself, even dogs didn't like me. They would go out of their way to growl and bark at me.

I think you have to get on top of Lyme and stay there. The light that took me out of the darkness is Cat's Claw and I still take 2 in the morning and 1 at night and always will no matter what else I take.

(breaking up a paragraph for easier reading for many here)

[ 08-25-2016, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Treatment for lyme and other tick-born diseases are very important, but everything that is going on in a persons life will also effect you.

I, for one, have to watch my stress level. When I have people come against me. I can not deal with anything. Having an infection is enough. STRESS is bad.

good luck

--------------------
God Bless You! Everything..is just my opinion.

Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymewreck36
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymewreck36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You people are blessings. Randiibear, you share your cave? That made me cry. Hugs
Posts: 1032 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what is odd/ interesting? When I visualize places of comfort, caves come up during my darker times. I wonder how many of us have visualized caves as a place of comfort.

Are you doing any better, lymewreck36? I hope so. [group hug]

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should see your LLMD as soon as possible. In the past when I had bad relapses and began to have dark fears and anxiety, either an antibiotic or Cats Claw was needed to fix it. It isn't something that you have to experience. And you shouldn't have to go through it. Good luck. Take action and you'll soon be better.
Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

I agree with Tulips-see your LLMD ASAP. This can become a wicked spiral, but often LLMDS or psychiatrists have suggestions and/or solutions.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement