LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What should you take stevia leaf extract with?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What should you take stevia leaf extract with?
Told you I was sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Told you I was sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,
Can someone please remind me what you should pair with stevia leaf extract? Something herbal? I am referring to the studies done by Dr. E.S. @ UNH in CT. My LLMD gave me the stevia leaf extract, but, the rest of my protocol targets Bart, only (and those meds aren't for spirochetes/Borrelia). Thank you all so much.

Told you...

Posts: 315 | From Negative (-) to positive (+) | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Just use a tiny bit to sweeten your green or herbal tea, lemonade or limeade (with organic fruits) or put on your grapefruit.

If you use any non gluten grains, you can use to sweeten a morning oatmeal, amaranth, etc.

Typically, it does not affect blood sugar levels adversely. But that is with typical use.

I would not use it beyond food / tea / toothpaste applications as it's so very sweet that the brain could get very confused and there could be organ / system reactions as can happen with too much sugar or artificial sweeteners.

Too much sweetness could stress brain and pancreas & otherwise stress the metabolic support system.

If the brain senses too much sweet - too much of the time - it may go a little off kilter and make adjustments that would go even more off kilter.

I do use it throughout the day, just in with my tea.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Stevia as potential biofilm "buster" is interesting (as in Sapi's work) still, don't go gung ho on that just yet.

If you looking for other things, right now, this is something very interesting and it's not going to saturate the body in sweetness:

ENTERIC COATED PEPPERMINT OIL / CINNAMON

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acsnano.5b01696

ACS Nano. 2015 Aug 25;9(8):7775-82. doi: 10.1021/acsnano.5b01696. Epub 2015 Jun 25.

Nanoparticle-Stabilized Capsules for the Treatment of Bacterial Biofilms.

Excerpt:

Abstract

Bacterial biofilms are widely associated with persistent infections. High resistance to conventional antibiotics and prevalent virulence makes eliminating these bacterial communities challenging therapeutic targets.

We describe here the fabrication of a nanoparticle-stabilized capsule with a multicomponent core for the treatment of biofilms.

The peppermint oil and cinnamaldehyde combination that comprises the core of the capsules act as potent antimicrobial agents. . . .
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Save this space for links to an enteric coated peppermint oil & an allicin / cinnamon combination that I found the other day.

Allicin also has anti-biofilm properties

I lost my page on that, it's floating around my desktop somewhere. Check back a few hours from now. I'm rather toast right now.
-

Told you I was sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Told you I was sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you a ton, Keebler! Always ready and willing to lend a hand!!!

Thanks SO much,
Told you...

Posts: 315 | From Negative (-) to positive (+) | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Wait, this is turning into a much bigger project and will take more time. I need to do this as my hands are so screaming and other things and I've been wanting to get back to peppermint oil and need to search for good brand for myself.

But I also want to collect a nice set of links. I'll put a few here for you to start if you are so inclined and I'll organize more to it later on. Really, likely I'll never get beyond what is here, though, outta steam.

http://www.vitacost.com/heathers-tummy-care-peppermint-oil

VITACOST.com

Heather's Tummy Care Peppermint Oil -- 90 Enteric Coated Softgels

https://www.tahomadispensary.com/store/3244%21146/Alli-Cinn+60+Capsules

Alli-Cinn 60 Capsules - by Pharmax

Freeze dried garlic concentrate 500 mg (Allium sativum) clove; and Freeze dried cinnamon bark oil concentrate
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
PubMed Search:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Peppermint+oil%2C+smooth+muscle

Peppermint oil, smooth muscle - 18 abstracts

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Peppermint%2C+biofilm

Peppermint, Biofilm - 10 abstracts

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Allicin%2C+biofilm

Allicin, Biofilm - 10 abstracts

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Garlic%2C+biofilm

Garlic, Biofilm - 24 abstracts

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Cinnamon%2C+biofilm

Cinnamon, biofilm - 24 abstracts
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
He's not talking so much here about ENTERIC COATED capsules as is my focus. In the past, such capsules have helped body pain even beyond the gut. I would never suggest ingesting peppermint oil other than in an enteric coated gelcap / capsule with special coating.

Just for starters:

http://articles.mercola.com/herbal-oils/peppermint-oil.aspx

Peppermint Oil: A Potent Oil with the Power of Menthol

By Dr. Joseph Mercola
-

Told you I was sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35068

I was just wondering if it should be taken with another herbal product? Like, the Stevia might do some killing, and then there should be something (taken alongside) to mop up the dead spirochetes? I remember a friend telling me that she used the Stevia Leaf extract (drops from study) with something else (herbal), but, unfortunately this friend has moved outside the country/we lost contact. Bummer. Anyone else have other thoughts on this topic to share?

Thank you so much.
Told you...

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Nothing is intended to be used as a sole agent.

You might refer back to Sapi's work notes. But keep in mind she is not working on this as a full protocol. All researchers have to narrow focus to just one piece at a time.

Get back to your LLMD. You said " My LLMD gave me the stevia leaf extract . . . "

Talk to THEM. They will so far much more than I can guess at. They should be one guiding each point to your protocol. You can ask them about other things that might pique your interest, of course, but go by their directions.

As for some elements of every protocol, though, since you asked what else would go with stevia.

If you take something that helps diminish biofilm, you need something to address the fuller picture, too, the actual spirochete or whatever other shape whatever bad boy microbe is the offender.

As biofilm "melts" the actual microbe is then just waving to you, so to speak, without its raincoat or boots on. Or, more likely, with a leaky boot and a few holes in the raincoat where medicine might then seep in.

Then, you need help in capturing all the metabolic waste (from normal living, our gut stuff moving it all on out -- and also from offender microbe die-off waste) in the gut (and some foods can do this or food based supplements like chlorella) and liver support, etc.
-

Told you I was sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35068

Thanks again, Keebler. Great analogy w/ the biofilm breakdown, btw!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement