LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » anyone else diagnosed with CIRS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone else diagnosed with CIRS
etb6855
Member # 48383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for etb6855     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tuesday I saw a integrative medicine doctor who works with a LLMD as my symptoms have not improved (except for back pain) after 45 days of antibiotics. He thinks I may also have CIRS and is wanting to test for mold, gut issues etc.

Of course this is all out of pocket and I just posted under general support because I am out of work and now financially depleted.

Has anyone else been diagnosed with this? Do you think I need all the testing? I did work in a water damaged building and had mold in my office.

Posts: 86 | From LA | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Questions are just a check list. No reply needed, though, more detail would help others base their suggestions.

I'm assuming he's basing that on Shoemaker's work in "Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome" from Mold / Biotoxins.

I would not expect to feel better from lyme in just 6 weeks especially since you were given a steroid shot before lyme was diagnosed

[it can take many months, actually] yet, most certainly, many with lyme do also have mold and bio-toxin issues.

Are you taking more than just one antibiotic? [As lyme is a full protocol of various agents for different forms of lyme & coinfections. Antibiotics do not cover all the bases].

And have you been assessed for other tick borne infections?

It all needs to be addressed, just don't think that MOLD / BIOTOXIN illness can just negate the existence of lyme. The good news would be that if you have mold / biotoxin issues, likely, only if those are also addressed would lyme have a chance at being managed effectively because the liver detox system is just so overwhelmed.

And, if you have mold / biotoxin issues, you may be more likely to develop MCS (multiple chemical sensitivities) and, therefore, have a harder time with pharmaceuticals.

If that might be the case, you would want to explore treatment with a LL ND (naturopathic) doctor or maybe a rife machine.

Cholestyramine can be of help to many . . . but some just cannot tolerate it at all (I could not, though tried and tried -- and found better ways).

Whatever is going on, though, be certain that you have on board:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://lisanagy.com

Lisa Nagy, MD - Re: MOLD issues

(She is NOT A LLMD, however, she understands the kind of toxicity issues faced by many with lyme. She did not have lyme but overcame very serious MCS. She spoke at the 2011 & 2012 annual ILADS conferences.)

TF has posted (2016) regarding MOLD suggestions:

Here are 2 sets of notes that I took from lyme conferences. The 2 speakers are mold experts. Perhaps they will give you some leads. I hope so.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/112279?#000000

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/121800#000000

http://www.survivingmold.com/about/ritchie-shoemaker-m-d

Surviving Mold / Biotoxic Illness - website of Ritchie Shoemaker, MD
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Backing up, you state the practical matter of money not really being there and being asked to do mold tests.

If you had exposure to the degree you state, and money is low, I don't see why you can't just address it and forget the fancy testing.

I think it's always best to use common sense wisdom in matters that seem so obvious and put money on treatment for the most foundational matters while you sort it out further:

Lyme;

Liver Support.

Even just Milk Thistle or Dandelion can do a lot to help your body process metabolic waste. I'd start there. Activated Charcoal, too. Bamboo charcoal, better.

If you are out of the moldy environment, of course. For anyone still in such testing of the building would be important. I defer to NAGY's information for she is truly excellent in this field.
-

bcb1200
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in the process of getting tested for Mycotoxins through Real Time Labs.

My downward spiral that started in 2015 was after I bought a moldy car (it had a leak) and got exposed to bad mold at work. I have the HLA-DR Genotypes with Multisusceptible (Dreaded) and Mold Susceptible. LLMD found Marcons in my nose.

WE are now checking for CIRS. I know several LLMD's state you won't get well unless you are free of mold. And I know a few mold docs who had patients to did have lyme, but also had mycotoxin illness / CIRS and got better once they addressed that and got out of moldy environments.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

From my file notes:

sixgoofykids posted 02 September, 2015

chelating heavy metals right now (again) and have started taking Takesumi for detoxification/binding.

It's amazing at binding the toxins. I felt better within a couple days. If you're having trouble detoxing, maybe finding a good binder would help.

http://supremenutritionproducts.com/TakesumiSupreme/index.html

Takesumi Supreme - Bamboo Charcoal

. . . Because of the porous nature of the bamboo, it is an amazing absorber (up to 10x more so than wood treated similarly, according to many sources).

Research from Japan claims it emits far infrared rays (thus improving circulation) as well as negative ions and shields the body from EMF’s. It also is a natural source of minerals (macro and trace) and is reported to be alkalizing. . . .

. . . We are making it available in powder form. Takesumi cannot be encapsulated without adding flowing agents etc. due to its light density etc. It is tasteless and dissolves adequately in water so it is not difficult to take . . .

. . . While there is not much human medical research on the uses of Takesumi, there are studies showing how absorptive it is, and how it can bind up heavy metals.

Studies have shown it to be effective in binding mercury, lead, cadmium, and other heavy metals (1, 2, 3, 4). It has also shown to be effective at binding aflatoxins (5). . . .

. . . Contraindications:

The only possible contra-indication we know of is not to take it if you have been diagnosed with variegate porphyria.

Takesumi Supreme
Order by Phone: 1-800-922-1744
E-Mail: [email protected]

Takesumi Supreme Product Support
Send all usage related questions to [email protected]

http://www.coconutoil-online.com/Supreme-Nutrition-Products.html

Takesumi Supreme™ - $26.

Takesumi Supreme™ is packaged in a 60 gram container which contains approximately 120 servings of pure specially carbonized bamboo. A 1/4 teaspoon scoop is included.
-

etb6855
Member # 48383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for etb6855     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all! Yes he is basing his work on Shoemaker's work and identifying Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome which includes "Post Lyme Treatment Lyme Syndrome".

I developed symptoms of Bartonella-burning skin, painful soles of feet etc after I finished Doxy and Ceftriaxone so getting tested for that.

Posts: 86 | From LA | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
"Post Lyme Treatment Lyme Syndrome" is not something that a good ILADS educated LLMD would think as that's the IDSA way of denying the complexities involved in even "regular" lyme (as it's not a quick and easy thing), but more particularly denying persistent or chronic lyme.

"Post Lyme Treatment Lyme Syndrome" - if your doctor is calling it that - is a red, red flag that you have not found a true LLMD.

As for a doctor you may not be seeing - or may be reading the work of - if they call it "Post" lyme and also get into "Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome" then know they don't know what they are talking about in regards to lyme if they don't understand how it can be an ongoing chronic, persistent infection - IF not adequately addressed on all levels / all forms of Bb including cystic, etc. where antibiotics alone just cannot touch.

still, if they address mold issue, they can have some matter of substance in that discussion for consideration. These are some of the same mold issues that other true ILADS minded LLMDs also consider, though. So, I'd look to those who have the fuller picture for the best guidance.

For those with lyme, lyme alone can cause "Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome" . . . so can some of the coinfections such as babesia and bartonella, just for starters.

And, yes, of course, mold / biotoxin matters are often also involved - along for the ride or even as causes / triggers of some portion of symptoms, perhaps and vital to address but also look beyond.

It is absolutely vital that any doctor working with anyone who has lyme / TBD (tick borne disease)

consider mold / biotoxin issues

but not limit themselves to that narrow view.
-

[ 09-30-2016, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
You might liken the diagnosis and use of CIRS ("Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome") to that of fibromyalgia. It's a symptom cluster that is not the actual illness but a result of something far bigger and much more complex than itself. There are usually many factors.

When lyme - or other TBD - is in the mix, no matter how many other ingredients are in there, too, such stealth should never be ignored. To do so could be to invite a lifetime of misery. There are various ways to address all this, however, and certainly mold / biotoxin issues are also in the front seat.
-

[ 09-30-2016, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
An example of an ILADS LLMD who considers the fuller picture:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0H3T9HMeQ

"Why Can't We Get Better?" - slides are not showing, but his book has detail

VIDEO

One Hour & seventeen minutes - video presentation
Recorded at Western Connecticut State University on May 12, 2015.

Sixteen point model to consider with any treatment plan for lyme / tick borne infection / chronic stealth infections . . . .

" . . . Really, there are solutions for a vast majority of patients . . . ."

website & book: http://www.cangetbetter.com/

by a leading ILADS LLMD - November 2013

- Why Can't I Get Better?: Solving the Mystery of Lyme and Chronic Disease

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dana-parish/its-a-scandal--daryl-hall_b_11118332.html

Interview with Dr. H, author above &

“It’s A Scandal” - Daryl Hall on Doctors Denying Chronic Lyme

By Dana Parish - Huffington Post - July 22, 2016
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Re: the notion that some doctors have that ongoing symptoms must be "Post Lyme" -- very important detail from this article of just a few days ago about the very intricate nature of persistent lyme & other TBD:

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2153109-lyme-disease-a-hard-road-to-diagnosis-and-recovery/?utm_expid=21082672-12.InTAp1P_QWuf9wSnIRJAqg.0

Lyme disease: a hard road to diagnosis and recovery

LLMD in the mid-Atlantic states - Interview / Information

By Conan Milner - Epoch Times - September 23, 2016
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See if any of this fits for you:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=036299;p=0

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to Shoemaker, CIRS is caused by anything that makes biotoxins. Lyme is one. Mold is another. There are more.

Don't be freaked out by a mold doc that says "post treatment Lyme" etc. They believe in Chronic Lyme but believe many of the ongoing symptoms are due to mold and mycotoxins. Shoemaker had several cases of folks with difficult Lyme that only got well once they got out of mold. Dr C and K also say mold has to be considered and eliminated before you can fully recover from Lyme and co

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
etb6855
Member # 48383

Thanks to all. Again I can not say it enough about how valuable this website is.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement