LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » infared sauna--detox only or kill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: infared sauna--detox only or kill
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering if the infared sauna's only detox or if they can kill these bugs too?
Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess a bit of killing of certain bugs is possible (like fevers kill pathogens). I don't think Bb will be killed though.

The good thing with FIR sauna is the detox side (as the skin is the biggest organ of the body, and contains a lot of toxins),

... and the boosting of the immune system.

It will stimulate the production of white blod cells by the bone marrow and T cells by the thymus.

http://personalinfraredsauna.com/36-fascinating-facts-about-far-infrared-saunas-far-infrared-energy/

I think this website explains the benefits of FIR sauna well.

Dr. K thinks FIR sauna is a must for lyme patients, and I know an old man with decades of lyme, who tried all sorts of abx for many years and never got well.

he had almost given up, but then finally found a practitioner who was doing only natural treatments. The MAIN part of his treatment is FIR sauna once a week, if I understood well.

For years, he was confined to his house, barely any social activities. Now he's going out, meeting friends, not totally pain free, but he became hopeful again.

In Japan, hot baths (VERY HOT) are used for centuries for all sorts of diseases. The water is so hot, that you feel it burning. I screamed many times before I could get used to entering one of these OFUROS (their hot baths...).

After the years, I got used (and brave) and realized that if I used it often, I barely caught any infectious diseases in winter (colds, flu, stomach flu etc).

Besides, it could end a cold faster than without. The feeling is gorgeous, impossible to describe. I think people with low blood pressure must be careful, at first, as you get literally knocked down with such high temperatures.

I used to take these hot OFURO bath in winter in SENTOS (bath-houses) and then walk back home in freezing temperatures, with wet hair and very hot body.

I thought I was going to fall ill, specially in the middle of winter, but that never happened! It was surprising.

Most Japanese people who go to sento walk back home with wet hair and still keep coming.

Certainly, hot temperature does something to the immune system. FIR is better for detoxing though.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Brussels! My husband got me one for my birthday. Weird what we want for birthday presents when we have lyme, right?

I'm excited to get started... slowly.

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It might save your life, so why not?!!

I would love to get one as a birthday present!!!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement