LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Nightmares

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nightmares
Jordana
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been getting them more often. Just now my son came in to wake me up because I was screaming in terror. Totally not like me; is this a Lyme thing?
Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely! Before I was treated for Lyme, I had terrible dreams - even fear and paranoia. When I went on abx, specifically Mino,

the frightening dreams instantly disappeared. The next time during a Lyme relapse, the bad dreams disappeared when I started taking Cat's Claw, an

herb that crosses the blood/brain barrier. It's definitely caused by spirochetes having invaded the brain!

Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickSam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah it is a Lyme thing. I have them all the time. Not just nightmares either, but sometimes just really strange dreams. When I'm not doing well I have them every single night. Sometimes two or three per night. I started keeping a dream log to entertain myself later on.

Last night I dreamed I drove with an expired license and hit several cars. Then I dreamed some spiderman-type person helped me get in the courthouse with his webs because I couldn't walk because of Lyme.

Also dreamed I started helping a kid of a widowed woman with his homework every day and brought him clothes. Also dreamed I went to some strange fair-type thing with my in-laws.

This was all in just one night! So not too scary last night, but they do get really scary sometimes. The right antibiotics make them happen less often for me.

Posts: 748 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, mine was some evil spirit that wouldn't leave me alone. I'm so not a believer in evil spirits so it was surprising I was suddenly terrified of them.

How awesome though that spiderman came, Sam!

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jordana and SickSam - have you ever thought of collaborating on a book about Lyme Dreams? You'll get better but maybe if you keep a dream journal during this time, you can turn your dream experience into a best seller! šŸ˜Š
Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickSam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THAT would be awesome! I definitely have some very entertaining dreams!

I think at the very least we need a dream-sharing thread here on LymeNet lol.

Posts: 748 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Nightmares should be avoided, if at all possible. I think this is very important for, first, yes, lyme / TBD can cause terrible nightmares.

I recall horrific ones, mostly when I would also be trouble the harsh night sweats of BABESIA.

FEVER can cause nightmares.

Dehydration

INFECTIONS due to fever, toxins, and other body / brain influences

TOXINS, and liver stress can, too. So can liver / kidney stress and so can

CERTAIN MEDICATIONS, even some supplements

LOW BLOOD SUGAR - an overlooked risk, too.

There are many reasons for increased frequency and enhanced fear / violence of them, too.

ADRENAL DYSFUNCTION, other hormonal dysfunction, too.

LIVER STRESS

MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY - and other nutrient imbalances

It is my theory that the really bad nightmares are BAD FOR US.

While we can learn insight, perhaps from all our dreams -- or just learn to go with the flow that they might bring, even nightmares . . . there are degrees of these things and it is important to take a look at what might be

CAUSING THEM for each of us. Rather than a chapter of internal angst, these could be a sign to us of something that is calling for change in what we take / do / monitor.

I think the worst nightmares, regularly, can be VERY harmful to us physiologically, not just emotionally. Some are preventable.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
This is just one of likely many articles that might help identify certain factors that could be at work during rough & tumble nights.

Drugs not listed here could be involved, too. Just one start to understanding some of the influences:

http://wellescent.com/health_blog/7-increasingly-common-causes-of-nightmares

7 Increasingly Common Causes of Nightmares - November 24, 2011

1) Nightmares & sleeping pills

. . . benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome, one of its symptoms is the experience of nightmares. In most cases however, coming off the medication more slowly can eliminate the nightmares. It is simply important to be aware what is causing the nightmares.

2) Melatonin Supplements And Nightmares During Sleep

Directly related to insomnia and the use of sleep aids, melatonin supplements can also result in nightmares. Melatonin is a naturally occurring human hormone that helps to regulate sleep.

Supplements of this hormone are derived from plant and animal sources and are often promoted as ā€œmore naturalā€ than other sleep aids. In some people and at higher doses, melatonin can cause nightmares.

Since there is no recommended maximum does for melatonin, some people will work on the principle that ā€œmore is betterā€ and take the larger doses that can lead to frightening, vivid dreams

Other people will suffer nightmares simply because of their sensitivity to the hormone.

In most cases, reducing the dose can prevent the nightmares.

[to advance to pages 2 & 3, click onto thost page numbers at the top of the article]

3) Breathing Disturbances And Their Link To Nightmares

4) High Blood Pressure Medications Causing Nightmares

5) Nightmares Resulting From Cholesterol Drugs

6) Parkinsonā€™s Medication And Nightmares

7) Nightmares From Low Blood Sugar Levels
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

I believe this too Keebler. It's definitely a signal that something is wrong. I've read a lot about their link to gut problems, but also everything mentioned above including cancer.

We have nightmares when we are not well.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Codeļæ½ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement