LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Post nasal drip

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Post nasal drip
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have post nasal drip, except it feels like it's stuck in the back of my throat no matter how many times I swallow.

Any suggestions?? It's driving me bonkers.. this is relatively new in the past few months.

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had this recently as part of a virus I think.

My doc has me on Singulair, once a day nasal wash with xclear, pantanase and flonase as well as musinex as needed.

It has helped. It was driving me BONKERS too!

Largely because I have had coughing fits almost every night until I went to see him- that was the worst.

No sleep. He gave me pearls to numb up my throat and tussin rx to sleep.

I'm on my way now. Hopefully you don't go into the bronchial piece.

Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey HW,

Sorry you and will are experiencing this. I've had it for years and don't have anything to suggest to help. BUT, maybe a reason why it is happening?

The best way our bodies have to get rid of toxins is thru the skin. When you aren't sweating them out, the second place they exit is thru your sinuses.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm. Glad I'm not alone in the problem! I'll try to sweat in my sauna today and see if it helps... darn toxins.
Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jory
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this nonstop since starting NB Protocol (which I've drastically slowed down on), I think it's herx related for sure. My neti pot gets a lot of use, cleaning out the nasties with distilled water, basic salt, and a few drops of grapefruit seed oil does a good job.
Posts: 289 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dairy can do that or eating something that makes phlegm. Maybe you are allergic to something on that protocol?
Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jory
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would make sense, I've cut out all dairy for the last 3 months though. I miss my morning cappuccinos! The sniffles also come with other flu symptoms, pretty sure I'm herxing because these combinations I'm not used to otherwise. Haven't had any other changes to my eating habits.
Posts: 289 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had this problem for nearly 40 years and have tried to narrow to down to something, for example allergies/intolerances, dairy.

I am currently wondering if it could be related to parasite problems I have been encountering, disseminated, not just in the digestive system.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thanks everyone. This is new for me and I haven't changed diet. I do not eat much dairy at all.

I was hoping that it was just part of a cold that my daughter had recently, but it doesn't seem to be getting better.

Parasite problem is interesting to think about.

bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Parasite, Babs, Protomyxzoa causes this for me.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://protomyxzoa.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Protomyxzoa_rheumatica.pdf

Scroll to the list of protomyxzoa symptoms on page 3 of the above if you are not familiar with them.

I have most of those symptoms and my biomagnetic pair practitioner has found it when he 'scans' me. I had already suspected that I had it.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buhner lists chlamydia as a coinfection. The sex infection is chlamydia trachomatis but chlamydia pneumonia is a respiratory pathogen. It can produce a wide range of respiratory problems such as sinusitis, otitis, bronchitis, asthma, COPD. There can be long-term mild infection or acute.

It can migrate deeper into the body and cause a lot of other problems.

Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first started drinking mangosteen juice, an anti-inflammatory juice, I recall that my sinuses dripped for 2 solid days, and I hadn't had any sinus symptoms!

So that's a powerful anti-inflam juice and maybe worth an experiment. I drink the Mango-Xan version as it's the most tart. I get it at the health food store. It's also sold online.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Robin, for the reminder of Mango-Xan! Do you drink just 1 oz. a day? Thanks!!
Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you been tested for m.pneumonia ? It's a hard to get rid of mycoplasma.

I ve had chronic sinusitis for over a year now. Nothing works !

My dentist told me 8 out of 10 patients of his have sinus problems.

I have noticed over the last couple of years, the windy conditions weather wise, have made my sinus worse. I read somewhere that high winds carry all kinds of bacteria, viruses, pollutants, and lots of other nasty pathogens.

If you find a solution, please pass it on !

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will, when I first drank the mangosteen juice, I probably drank a glass of it, 'cause I didn't think it would work. The laugh was on me, as it worked only too well!

Yes, I now drink around an ounce a day.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement