LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Allergy issues Related foods/herbs/spices

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Allergy issues Related foods/herbs/spices
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there <<<<< Lymenet Family >>>>>,

After recent problems with foods etc. related to celery, I am making a list of things not to eat.
These are all interrelated foods spices and so on.

List: Celery,celery root,celeriac, fennel. parsley,parsnip,carrots, anise,cumin,cilantro,coriander,caraway,angelica,
and Giant fennel[also called asafetida/asafoetida,hing,hingra,and ting].

I am sure there are more, so this is only a partial list.

If you are encountering lots of food allergies please be aware. So many foods/herbs/spices can be interrelated.

For me, I am seriously wondering about MCAS/MCAD, and Salicylate allergies too. Skin rashes sore throats and so on,are no fun,and can turn dangerous if one goes into anaphylaxis.

As to celery, various types of it are used in many ,many food preparations, including GF foods.

Please feel free to add other items that may be interrelated foods/herbs/spices wise. It can be a bit frightening, to say the least, to suddenly have allergen issues and not know why.

Jus' Silverwolfi learning

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sore throats are definitely linked to salicylates.

With sals, all spices except chives are out the window.

I'll move this to Medical Questions for you.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lyme always increased my food allergies to the top.

The scary thing was that the list kept increasing quite fast.

The good thing: when lyme went dormant, most allergies disappeared as fast as they had appeared.

But with the years, even without lyme, I still developed some allergies (like to apples, some pears, most nuts, non-organic bananas, stuff like that...)

I'm treating the gut, eating a total grain free + milk free diet, rich in probiotic foods.

I do think that when you eat ONE food that is bad, the gut lining gets red, with inflammation, and that just makes the problem worse.

Unfortunately, no one knows for sure about all foods that are bad (or good) for them, so it's almost impossible to pin point what to drop eating...

I did first a fasting, then started adding food slowly.

I realized then that if I add milk products or starches, my SUPER chronic candida comes back.

So, I'm keeping these things off my diet.

I never felt allergies to starches or to most cheese, but I'm leaving them off.

And surprisingly, hormones are working better, my energy is stabler (not like yo yo), and I can even eat some apples again (after YEARS of having my mouth 'burnt' with apples).

And super-candida is mostly in 'stand by mode'!

I also ate a pear without problems (I'm still afraid, so I start slow)... and practically all nuts are fine.

I'm sure that there is a DIRECT connection between TOXINS and allergies.

I think that with lyme, toxins are massive, so we develop allergies easier.

Plus the immune system gets into inflammation mode (due to high cytokine reaction caused by bacteria), ...

inflammation = high toxins /debris ,

... so you over react to anything (also food).

then we eat glyphosates, fungicides, pesticides, colorants, glutamates etc etc, our good flora is knocked down by antibiotics or bacteria / candida, and boom... more allergies.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can keep adding things to your list of 'what to avoid', but the scary thing is when you start reacting to EVERYTHING.

I don't think people that are on allergy-mode 100% of the time are as rare to find anymore...

Unfortunately.

I was afraid to become allergic to EVERYTHING, so that is why I'm trying this diet. Somehow, out of despair....

---------------------------
Why has chronic candida stopped by this diet?!

I feel the immune system and DETOX systems are totally connected.

If the body is on constant cytokine storm-mode, it can't fight infections, nor detox well, nor absorb well nutrients.

And the body WILL develop more allergies, as the gut lining is messed with inflammation - from bacteria, from allergenic foods, from toxins, heavy metals...

My hair stopped falling, like to about 10% of what was happening just before the diet!

My electrosensitivity is on the lowest in more than a decade.

The moment I go fasting, detox starts.

Now I'm not fasting, but I've been detoxing the hell out, still, only through a restrictive diet.

I have the impression that the moment I started detoxing, and stopped adding stressing factors (no pesticides, no grains, no milk etc), well,...

... everything simply fell in place.

Allergies go down, chronic infection decreases, hormones kick in back... I'm still knocking on wood though! [Smile]

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< Lymetoo, and Brussels >>>>>,

Thanks for the comments! Never sure exactly where to put various posts.

I've had the feeling for a long time, that the allergy/rash/digestive issues are from the Lyme and Co's. So many toxins build up, even when we are very very careful.

I am gluten free, and mostly use coconut milk, but suspect I am still getting some milk products.

I do eat some cheeses, no blue cheese due to penicillin allergy.

Difficult to find things that I can eat, per example, I can only do eggs maybe once every three months.

I've been on lower carb diet, off for a bit while I 'relearned to eat' after the tube down my throat during heart surgery. my throat is sensitive anyway,and that caused issues for over a month.

Back on, trying to get the weight back down,in a healthy manner.

The salicylates is a concern as I must keep on low dose aspirin. I suspect I got to much, they finally let me lower the dose. 325 mg. for 3months was way to much.

I think I'll be having very bland foods for awhile. I don't like digestive issues, burning tongues and sore throat.

Still hopeful of getting into a Lyme literate Doctor that hopefully understands how lyme and Co's cause all kinds of destruction in our bodies.

I cannot do most ABX, and this is making it more difficult, I am now checking every one of my many Herbal supplements. Treating the LD and Co's, is as we know difficult anyway.

TrekC' took me shopping, in between resting moments for both of us. It is dismaying to look at leafy foods,and see all the ones w/ segmented leaves,or hairy green leaves on the stalks.

If you are battling the allergy part looking at labels is a bit scary as well. My safe foods list is rather small... but I am still alive and fighting.

I need to find some gentle detox, that isn't full of herbs and spices 'til I can,hopefully get things to calm down.

Also wondering if Cromolyn might help... if
I can find a Dr. to prescribe it...

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

So, Jus' Silverwolfi here again:

My dilemma now, what can I take for gentle detox that wont set of the allergy mess?

An awful lot of herbs and spices are interrelated plant family wise. And I am allergic to a lot of ABX too[tho' I suspect ABX would increase the toxin load in my body.

Any tho'ts from any one ??

Part of our issue is foods that I can safely eat, and are easy fix. Hard for us to stand very long, so we try to find safe quick fix foods, that aren't loaded with chemicals.

Quite a puzzle, I'd like to find an answer for,and get solved.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I would stay away from any antibiotics... and herbs.

Coconut oil may be one of your main problems... as well as the aspirin. I know it just scoured my stomach lining many years back.

I don't know what to tell you .. maybe you could try Brussels' approach.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

It is puzzling for certain, I don't take ABX, unless absolutely necessary. Such as for a severe Bladder infection while in hospital before the surgery.

They couldn't repair my heart w/ the infection raging. It was frightening, tho' they kept a close eye on me for reactions.

I had been on Buhner protocol very low dosage,but am unsure of how to proceed now.

Trying to understand things, a bit of confusion today,

If I read right, Brussels went off all grains
and milk products???

I have very few things I eat now, but I must eat something, and it needs to be super easy to prepare. Hence my puzzling dilemma about what to eat.

I take it the coconut concern is salicylates?
I have a bit of coffee, it helps w/ breathing for me,as I get sinus and allergy issues.

Went off of most milk products quite some time back, occasionally I have Greek yogurt. Now and again I've had some cheese.

Eggs is a rarity for me, I like them but get ugly heartburn from them all to often. I like simple hamburger,but don't eat a lot of it now.

Mostly I have chicken,or salmon [and to much salmon can be an issue, I hear]. I eat turkey occasionally, and duck once or twice a year.

Sometimes we find some of the other mild fish. TrekC' does most of the cooking, and so I try to keep it really easy fix.

He is a great cook, but physical issues make it challenging. And he prefers to do the cooking.

I'm praying for answers, ... How do I continue Lyme and Co's treatment, and figure out the allergies... Uhm... I don't know.

Health issues recovery is slower, for both of us.

Thanks for the ,input I am still hoping someone can come up w/ a good idea to help.
I don't say much about some of the health issues, because of some in my family.

Hopefully the 'estate matters' are almost done, if there isn't cooperation ,it'll go thru the courts soon. Less stress will help us both I am sure [ id on't say more here because of some of my 'family'].

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Jus' Silverwolfi again,

I know this is a puzzler,and am wondering if some of my meds are not worsening the problem.

Metoprolol for instance can cause weight gain,and if one is getting sensitive to it, rashes.

Zetia ,is not supposed to cause weight gain,but reports are coming in that it does. And it seems,from my experience, and what the side effects, and others say, that certain meds and herbal substances can be intensified while on this med.

I am sure there are other meds w/ this problem. So any sensitivity or allergen may intensify if it is food/spice/herb related.

I will have to use caution for a long while 'til we can identify the problem.

Of course all of this had to worsen w/ the Holidays here. Ah well, back to my exercises...

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, coconut is high sals .. salmon is very high in histamine unless fresh caught. It's a dilemma for sure!!

Do you know for sure that your lyme NEEDS to be treated? Perhaps it's dormant?

I eat a lot of chicken that I cook in the Instant Pot and then de-bone it. I freeze it in portions for salads and whatever.

You can also just cook it on the stove. We have a George Forman grill too. Works well and is easy.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Brussels
Member # 13480

Silverwolfy... sorry to hear about where you are now.

It is scary.

You're not alone, there are many others in you shoes...

the best is to stop completely most foods, and make a restricted list, and keep to that.

If you feel fine, add one food at a time.

I did that to my daughter, since age 10 months. One food every 2 weeks.

I later learned muscle tests, that helped us a lot. Not 100% sure, but it did show some of the culprit foods...

I'm off all milk and grains, because of candida.

Of course, the list is longer than that (as I get no sugar, barely any processed foods, no additives, mostly organic etc).

But I still eat out once or twice a week. But I choose my restaurants.

My daughter learned muscle tests or body swaying tests since very early (about 3 years old, she became a master!).

She still uses it today, almost daily (she will be soon 14!).

She still tests most new things to see if her body 'likes' it or not.

Lately, she's not getting many new allergies, and she also thinks it's because of kimchi (probiotic, like sauerkraut).

We're eating that almost daily, at least once, for the last months..

The problem with allergens is that you eat that ONCE, and you got inflammation for days.

Even after the food is out through stools, the molecules are still in your body, making your body in 'inflammation mode'.

so the fastest way to get off the hellish cycle of food inflammation is to avoid the allergen, completely.

I find it HARD to stop some foods.

The easiest way to clean the diet for me is fasting. I cut everything at once.

Then I let my brain get used to this idea of eating nothing.

From there on, anything I add is a plus, nor a MINUS!! For the brain, this is important.

It's very different than eliminating foods, one by one.

My brain prefers adding foods!!!

Another thing that feels highly inflammatory (in my opinion) is electrosmog.

For some reason, it messes with my immune system MASSIVELY.

When you fast, and you still feel okay (I feel even better when I fast), you won't have problems when you eat just a couple of foods for a while.

I hope you find your solution.

During lyme, I tried to avoid the 10 most allergenic foods: like nuts, gluten, milk, etc

Then the foods that were testing energetically bad for me, or the foods that were burning my mouth.

the problem with 'allergies' or intolerance is that EACH FOOD causes DIFFERENT disturbances.

With milk products, I barely feel any difference, but it was probably creating trouble (because I now see the relation between milk products and candida activation).

With gluten, I only could see a change when I dropped it for good, and then re-added it (it felt very hard to digest).

Do you have anyone to help you with the testing of foods? Even those devices (like EAV type of device) can give you some hints...

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo and Brussels >>>>>,

Thanks for the replies! Both TrekC' and I are low energy right now,but we enjoy chicken so that might be a plus in this.

One blessing to being in Vegas, is a good bit of the sea foods are flown in fresh daily, so that helps.

I wish I could fast occasionally at least, I have some meds that I have to take for heart that require food.

I am working on eating smaller portions, and keeping up w/ Cardio-size [2x's a week when possible]. It wears me out, so I don't go a lot of places.

Even going out for our Anniv. week,I had to rest a whole lot, and TrekC' was using his wheelchair.

It is just him and me, but I've done elimination diet a few times. I need to try that again.

I don't do much milk product now, and likely need to cut back further.

Went gluten free a number of years ago gluten products make me ill, including diarrhea,and sore throat raspy voice.

I've had to be very cautious about any form of nuts,and lately that has worsened.

As to the Lyme being dormant or in remission, I really don't know how to tell. We haven't been able to find a true Lyme Literate Doctor here as yet.

I know that Bart', and Babsiosis were not properly treated. And I've been relying on what I could research here since 2007. So most of my treatment has been herbal.

I am hoping to find a LLMD by spring if possible,and if neither of us is back in surgery [I can explain by PM if necessary].

Thinking about electrosmog,my EM stuff is all messed up, I don't wear wrist watches, they quit,and my cell phone won't work right either[and wont keep charged]. TrekC has same kind of cell and his works great, it's weird.

I need to look up the energy testing. a friend of TrekC's used something similar a long time ago. He would hold a bottle of vitamins and test his strength.

..... Was it more or less holding various herbs,supplements and having someone hold arm down,and try to raise it etc.

I appreciate the comment from both of y'all! and hopefully I can develop a plan, To get foods healthy for me.I'd love to feel better and get the LD and Co's assessed again.

Really have wondered if the heart issues were a symptom of the illnesses, and the MCAD and other allergy things as well.

No giving up here, tho' I wonder if I'll ever feel " healthy".

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I just grabbed the first one I found ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypKUST0azUQ

muscle testing

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

Thanks for the Muscle testing link! I tried it and so did TrekC' both w/ interesting results [Big Grin] !

Interesting experiment,and a Thank You to <<<<< Brussels >>>>> for mentioning Muscle testing. I'd heard of this,and as mentioned TrekC's work friend had shown us a little of it years back.

The circled fingers[daisy chain] technique was easy to follow, I am going to be trying this out with various foods, herbs and spices, to see the results.

The more I read, about some of the prescribed Med's and side effects the more it concerns me. We've worked hard to get to a healthier weight, and some of these med's can pack that weight right back on.

For me,it is easy to build up a sensitivity, that can go into an allergy, and I think part of the issue is the med's.We'll see Cardiologist says next appt.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Jus' Silverwolfi here,

Still trying to figure things out... it seems that anything and everything can cause a reaction for me.

I know, broad statement, so an example during Cardio work outs, BP and oxygen are doing what they should, but the least stress and my tissues seem to be swelling.

[perhaps... TMI, but professionally fitted bras from a few weeks ago suddenly will not fit, and similar issues, weight gain too, some is 'water weight' I am sure.]

I take an herbal diuretic, very mild, and my Cardio Physio'Doc and Nurse are helping us keep a close eye on things].

It isn't all weight gain issues, I am figuring some of the new prescription meds, need to be adjusted. Talking w/ my PCP in a couple weeks,we'll see what he says.

Wish I could get into a definite LLMD, w/o having to wait for months.

Trying to be careful what I eat, so far no weight loss. The meds can cause some weight gain,but this is more than normal.

I am not going to give up, it may just be I need to get some meds changed around for awhile. And being aware of foods that don't go well in my system is helping a bit.

I am still researching, so we'll see what happens.I am cutting way back on coffee, I tend to use it when I get too congested. we are also looking in to a humidifier, this time of year it is really dry in LV area.

Jus' Checkin' in... from the Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Brussels
Member # 13480

Your post almost brings me tears. Yours and old ones from Lymetoo.

I know how it feels...

NO ONE that hasn't been in these shoes of yours (or Tutu's shoes) know what it is, to be scared about everything you eat.

The positive point: my food allergies are receding, and so are my daughter's.

I can eat all nuts, without much problem (I don't overeat them though).

Even hemp oil, that used to cause me reactions, pain, I can take it in small amounts.

I think elimination diet is one way to go.

but just google the ' 10 most allergenic foods and you keep them OUT of your list (that includes milk prod, nuts, gluten containing products, citric fruits except for lemon, chocolate, eggs, tomato etc)

The list varies a bit from source to source, but you have an idea about what causes most people allergic reactions.

Keep away from that 100% of the time.

You gotta be a Jedi warrior for that!!! [Big Grin]

You take a bite of gluten, it will take about 2 days for that bite to come out, and during all that time, it will cause your whole GI tract inflammation.

Once it's out, inflammation does not stop yet.
It takes more time to stop.

that is why you got to think, act and EAT like a Jedi warrior!

The best way, in my opinion, is going from fasting to adding food items, one by one.

If you cut, you feel hurt.

If you add, you feel HAPPY!!

B12 supplements may help.

We find L-glutamine helped us too.

And live probiotics (it was rough).

Then eliminating parasites... while in your case, you still need lyme treatment.

Most lyme infections live in the gut!

I also bought recently a book from Anthony Williams, the Medical medium, and he suggests 50 healing foods for humanity.

of course, many foods he suggests used to cause me allergy in the past.

But now, I think I can take practically all of them.

I'm so sorry you got to live this dilemma, like lymetoo: eat and hurt, don't eat and die.

Treat that now, first priority, be a Jedi warrior, and I hope you'll get better, Wolfi!!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thank you, Brussels! I need to get my JEDI on .. I'm not a Star Wars fan, but I need the Warrior thing for sure!!

I just don't know what I can eat anymore.

Silver .. MCAS will add weight SO EASILY .. A lot of it is fluid. HATE IT!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Brussels
Member # 13480

You're welcome Tutu.

Definitively, turn on your Jedi mode!

I'm so sorry you guys have to deal with this awful and scary condition.

One thing that has helped us is meditation.

Dr. H and dr. K say meditation helps to lower inflammation.

It's true!!! Meditation could even make me and daughter (she's only 13 and did that all by herself!!) take zinc supplements, that our bodies strongly rejected for more than 10 years.

Meditation also helps to lower fears, anxiety.

I took the zinc supplement on my hand, and tried to connect to it.

Just by holding the capsule, I felt all my cells get in panic-mode, my brain starts commanding my hands to toss the thing far away...

We are taking zinc, not every day, but 2-3 times a week now. I swear that this change happened not due to other treatments, because it happened from a moment to another.

10 years of rejection, to acceptance after a few minutes, it can't be due to my kimchi and other treatments, right?

I guess we still do not know what our minds / hearts can do to help us. I did not even believe it would work for good (or if this was just like NAET and the like, only temporary forgetting the problem)!

I just kept it on my palms, trying to have a relationship to it so that it stops rejecting me.

I guess that is how NAET or tapping acupuncture points or laser/homeopathy therapies for food allergies work. But most are only temporary solutions...

These techniques just change the way your body sees the 'invader'.

Of course, a condition like leaky gut has still to be treated.

And gluten + milk must be out of the diet 100%.
Jedi mode on!!! [Big Grin]

What are the things you are still allowed to eat?

The book of chronic EBV says that food allergies are caused by it too!!!

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Brussels, and Lymetoo >>>>>,

This really does seem like it could be MCAS,not sure who here in the medical field understands it tho'.

Food wise, I am on a lower Carb' diet, and try to avoid all Gluten/and Avenan[ highly allergic to Oats], and trek' and I have recently been talking bout the Casein in Milk products as well.

BRB eating a bit of supper, I am appreciating the replies greatly... the allergies, heart issues and all,are a bit much to deal with.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Brussels .. The only thing that goes well is chicken and Romaine lettuce, but I can't eat only that forever.

I have not lost weight, because I am inflamed and still eating gluten and dairy. I do that because I am so hungry. I need to figure something out soon.

Hang in there, Silver.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Okey-dokey here I am, back on,

On the -eat and hurt, don't eat and die-, it is really scary.

Yesterday was TrekC's Birthday,and we were out with friends. We were blessed to be at a restaurant that understands gluten intolerance and and food allergies so that helped.

Later on we were at a special event, called a Julbord , they did not prepare for food allergies and so on. It was difficult to find safe foods to eat.

I went with special digestive aids, and Benadryl, to hopefully stave off any issues, I had to use the Benadryl, and I do the digestives as a matter of course now.

As to foods I can still eat,so far : cucumber, beef-burger, chicken, salmon, cod, green beans, some berries, occasionally Brazil Nuts, once in a blue moon some pistachios... there is more I'm sure.

The problem is, I never know, if I can eat tomorrow what I've eaten today,and not have a bad reaction. I literally am praying and guessing my way thru things, not knowing what food my body will react to next.

I am also trying to not eat the same foods more than a couple days in a row. Except at breakfast, where I have a small amount of GF bread, a few berries[mostly blueberries], and cucumber.

I enjoy eggs but haven't been eating them more than maybe once every six weeks. I got too many odd reactions.

That's why I tho't of doing the elimination diet [the mini-version], say for three or four days, only having say: burger,green beans and water. and then add a small amount of one other food after -x- days and see what happens.

I've done it up to a week,but haven't been able to see much difference. We have to plan for this, as TrekC' does the cooking.

I do know, that celery/fennel/cilantro/ and similar foods are definitely not good for me at this time. That can cause burning tongue and mouth, sore raspy throat and so on.

I do occasionally have a small amount of potato, sometimes a bit of salad[ but I am very careful now,what greens].

Again the scary point is not knowing what will react next.

I'll be trying more muscle testing, and a friend has some really cool Bible scriptures on healing, that I will be meditating on.

We have to keep warrior-ing on here, giving up is not an option. I may have to give up a lot more foods for quite awhile, but I just cannot see giving up.

My Doctors worked hard to put my heart back together, I still get very weary. I don't like rashes that make it hurt to sit. And rashes that make it like my face is chapped,and/or make me break out in hive like conditions.

I drink mostly water, still working on the coffee to cut it back. I don't want to live in fear. If needful,I'll cut back even more food wise too. I need to figure out what this is,and get it under control.

And it does seem like MCAS, I am dealing with the concerns of ...- what if's - I have a lot of medication allergies and bad reactions.

And my heart situation requires certain medications...I even find myself wondering if one or more of the meds is hyper-potentiating [ if that is a word] problems.

[Example: one of my meds. says to be careful about eating melons, as the fruits and the meds together can make the medicine react too strongly.].

I will keep searching,and perhaps do the elimination diet again. I am working on going no milk products as well. Already I've reduced most of it I don't usually have milk [ my sinuses act up]].

And again the casein question, what grains are the cattle being fed. gotta close for a bit, but I am considering many options.

I need to get back as much health as I can, and get rid of the rashes.

<<<<< Brussels >>>>>>, thanks for the ideas and encouragement!

<<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>, thanks for keeping info' updated about MCAS, Salicylate allergies and so on. I have a feeling I'll be cutting out more foods for awhile, and hopefully I can heal up more and lose weight again in a healthy manner.

I have to find a way to keep on going, if it is MCAS, I know I'll be having to cut out a lot more foods.

I hope and pray, you are finding answers, that help!

Thanks again both of you! I'll check in from time to time,as I find out more.

Just Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

We were both posting at the same time, and it takes meanwhile, so I just saw this.

I will keep hanging in and hanging on, I am hoping to get the 'Scripture Verse Vitamins' soon too. I know a few of them, my friend has a large list.

She was very very ill for a long while, years in fact, now she is vibrant and healthy. Some years ago she was in so much pain she could not dress herself, and ended up in the hospital.

She has had to find out a lot of things, by researching, and trial and error. Some of the things she can eat, I probably wont be able to for a long while yet. It took her awhile,and she shares what info' she can a little at a time.

If I find out various info', that can be of help to us, I'll pass it on. I don't like it when any of us are in pain,and so tired we can't process, while life passes us by.

Jus' Silverwolfi here, remaining hopeful in the midst of all of this. [Coming on LymeNet, keeping on keeping on, trying to find answers, and refusing to give up... For us , this -is- Being Warriors!!!].

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Just Wolfi' here checking in...

Nothing new on the allergy front, basically my issues, are figuring out what I can safely eat.

And also trying not to be afraid... when I may suddenly get an allergy attack and not know the cause. I may have mentioned I try to keep Benadryl with me at all times now.

We've had some sad news, which I will post on General board. We were hoping to get thru the Holiday season w/o anything serious or sad happening.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re: zinc

Published today in the journal Nature Chemical Biology, the researchers describe how zinc "jams shut" a protein transporter in the bacteria

so that it cannot take up manganese,

an essential metal that Streptococcus pneumoniae needs to be able to invade and cause disease in humans.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/11/131111091136.htm

Both Bb and Cpn have Mn-SOD genes to protect themselves from being “fried” by superoxide/H2O2

Also...

I3C can halt peanut allergies! Looks to be synergetic with Ginstein.

Look up the benefits of I3C. Incredible.

Also, the blood type diet - I'm B+ which means I'm not supposed to eat chicken or sweet corn (et al). No way! Instead, I ordered on Amazon the lectin (proteins) blocker for my blood type as well as the daily vitamin/mineral, prebiotic and probiotics for my blood type. I would take a lectin blocker before eating what I like, but shouldn't have. Follow?

Is my blood type (genetic driven) preventing me from clearing Cpn?

My IgE to Cpn is up...according to my Duke pulm. I now have infection triggered asthma. Chronic Cpn infection is more likely, IMO.

Cpn can INFECT mast cells. Neutrophils/mast cell degranulation = histamine release.

H2R (histamine 2 receptor - involved in foods we eat that are high in histamine - MANY) is key...in both Cpn and Lyme.

Remember Tritec?

When we are pregnant, too much histamine (in our foods) can be harmful to a fetus, so our bodies upregulate an Cu enzyme called DAO - a LOT!!! Daosin is available OTC.

CBD in hemp oil MIGHT be helpful. CB1 receptors = high and hungry. CBD (NOT THC)looks to impact the CB2 (anti-inflammatory) receptors.

BTW...look closely at what Tylenol converts to and -> a NATURAL Cannabinoid that our body normally makes.

If you are a "senior", do NOT take Zyquil. Look closely at the warning. I quickly ended up struggling to breath and had to call 911 - ended up in hosp. for several days. Heart enzymes went up too...lack of O2.

While Zyquil looks like a "souped up" version of Benadryl, it can be very dangerous for some persons.

We moved to NC, I broke my ankle, I've been fighting Cpn (sort of under control via Duke pulm.). Thyroid nodules biopsied (ouch)...Busy, but still have lymenet on my mind.

Sis, autoimmune from lyme, just had her GB removed and has 2 other surgeries needed in 2018.

Keep the faith. We will find a way.

P.S. Mg is an anti-histamine. It takes sufficient Mg to make our enzymes...all of them. And dairy..read up on A2 milk. WHOA.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Marnie >>>>>,

Thanks for the info' and the reply,it is a bit technical for me, especially right now,as my brain seems to have gone into hiding.

I had quintuple bypass surgery 1st week of May 2017,and it seems to have wakened all the TBI and Co's up. As I tell my Cardio-exercise-physiologist and RN... " I'd like my brain back any clues when it will return? ".

Trying to find an LLMD in Las Vegas is difficult so...

Blood type diet is interesting, as I recall, I shouldn't have a lot of grain type food. Good meats and some lean meats, venison etc. may be helpful... need to check that again.

I'll look thru these info' bits, I appreciate the info and link. Trying to figure out safe foods is still a great concern for us. TrekC' does most of our cooking, and he checks labels very carefully.

The P.S.is really interesting, I have to take my Mg at least 2hrs away from one of my heart meds, but I keep up with it, it stops most of the charlie horse cramps I get in my legs.

Hope your sis' feels better w/ the GB surgery out of the way. let me know how she is doing, Okay surgeries w/ Lyme are no fun... never are, but LD makes it worse.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bb and Cpn (C. Pneumoniae) both look to contribute to "hardening of the arteries".

Reservatrol (daily) helps prevent - and has been known to reverse the plaque build-up of oxidized LDL in arteries over a year.

I'm glad your need for bypass surgery was discovered and fixed!

Now...about your brain.

1. Look at Magtein (MIT developed). It goes directly into the brain and is Mg + a vitamin C metabolite.

2. Also a supplement called Brain Gain

contains: *Berberine*, selenium, biotin, folinic acid, hydroxytryosol, leutolin, Olive pomace oil.

3. Consider D3 with K2. K2 keeps Ca where it belongs (in the bones and teeth). K2 helps with the mitochondria.

See a really good - easy to grasp! - picture of what causes mitochondrial (powerhouses) dysfunction here (figure 3):

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213231715000282

"To make things worse, Ca2+ overloading can
directly diminish mitochondrial H2O2 scavenging capacity
by

inhibiting glutathione reductase/peroxidase system

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3056350/

Glutathione reductase catalyzes the
reduction of glutathione disulfide (GSSG)
to the sulfhydryl form glutathione *(GSH)*,
which is a critical molecule in resisting oxidative stress and maintaining the reducing environment of the cell. Wiki.

However, B. burgdorferi has been shown to passively absorb the host's cysteine which is also needed to make glutathione...

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213231715000282

As we all know...

Calcium can interfere with the body's ability to absorb tetracycline antibiotics.

http://www.umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement-interaction/possible-interactions-with-calcium

What IF Ca has gone "intracellular"?

Do we need to "up" K2 when taking Doxy/others to make the abx more "absorbable"?

Seizures (including my son):

Recurrent mitochondrial Ca2+ ion load during seizures..epileptic activity results in Ca 2+ ion-dependent changes in mitochondrial function that might

contribute to the neuronal injury

during epilepsy.

https://hungary.pure.elsevier.com/en/publications/mitochondrial-calcium-ion-and-membrane-potential-transients-follo

It looks like Cu - copper - can help destroy Bb:

We term this molecule BicA for Borrelia iron- and copper-binding protein A.

An isogenic mutant lacking BicA had significantly reduced levels of iron and copper and was more sensitive to iron and copper toxicity than its parental strain.

***Supplementation of the medium with iron or copper rendered the spirochaete more susceptible to peroxide killing.***

These data suggest that

an important function of BicA

is to detoxify excess iron and copper

the spirochaete may encounter during its natural life cycle through a tick vector and a vertebrate host.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/mmi.12068/abstract;jsessionid=D75ABE04AB1A3A67F092D82D1EF607A6.f02t03

By binding Cu and Fe by BicA = there goes our Fe-SOD and Cu-zinc SOD and Bb uses our mitochondrial Mn-SOD so the infected cells have too many very damaging free radicals.

SOD = superoxide dismutase which converts the powerful superoxide free radical to H2O2 (then normally catalase converts H2O2 to H2O...

Stick with me...

A receptor on macrophages (and other cells)-

P2X7(R) to induce Ca2+ influx and ATP depletion, which led to necrosis...

The P2X7 receptor current can be blocked by zinc, calcium, magnesium,

and copper.

(Me...EXTRACELLULAR levels?)

Moreover, P2X7 receptor signaling

increases the release of proinflammatory molecules such as IL-1β, IL-6, and TNF-α.

In addition, P2X7 receptors have been linked to increases in proinflammatory cytokines such as CXCL2 and CCL3.

The ATP/P2X7R pathway may trigger T-cell attacks on the pancreas, rendering it unable to produce insulin. This autoimmune response may be an early mechanism by which the onset of diabetes is caused.

One study in mice showed that

blockade of P2X7 receptors attenuates onset of liver fibrosis.

Wikipedia

Together, our findings provide direct evidence that P2X7 promotes tumor growth in vivo. Cancer Res; 72(12); 2957–69

Here'a a kicker though:

Glutathione has been proposed to act as a P2X7 receptor agonist (helper!) when present at *milimolar* levels, inducing calcium transients and GABA release from retinal cells. Wiki.

Milimolar...Calcium release from the cells?

Glutathione (GSH) is the most abundant antioxidant in aerobic cells, present in micromolar (microM)-concentrations in bodily fluids and

in millimolar (mM) concentrations in tissue. Wiki.

CB1 and CB2 - cannaboid receptors are very much involved.

This is likely too much information, but...

Anandmide impacts BOTH the CB1 and CB2 receptors - cannaniboid. It is a NATURAL cannaniboid that we make.

Anandamide synthesis

from NAPE occurs via multiple pathways and includes enzymes such as phospholipase A2,

phospholipase C

and NAPE-PLD (anandamide-generating phospholipase D - bile acids regulate synthesis). Wikipedia.

Cpn’s phospholipase D drives Th17 inflammation.

Bb looks to use phospholipase C (for migration). Phospholipase C -> release of arachidonic acid from two major membrane phospholipids, phosphatidylinositol and phosphatidylcholine.

***So it appears BOTH Bb and Cpn trigger the synthesis of anandamide which is an analogue of THC.***

THC and CBD are both in "pot".

THC stimulates our appetite (why persons who use pot get the "hungrys" - agonists would be good for

anorexia which is linked to ...LOW ESTROGEN!!! Some genetic conditions cause low estrogen like Pandas...

*CBD lowers progesterone*. Progesterone triggers the Th2 pathway during pregnancy. I'd have to go back in my files to find the specific link, but suffice it to say progesterone receptors trigger EGFR which helps Cpn to invade cells via p21 - an "invasion" protein. Cpn prefers to hang out in M2 (healing) macrophages - ultimately.

CBD has the same molecular formula as progesterone - oddly.

https://tinyurl.com/y94s45to

Which is why/how a young man dying of COPD and given months to live was CURED when he went to Colorado...

And persons in power are looking to block the use of (even) MEDICAL marijuana! Shame on them.

[ 01-16-2018, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Marnie ]

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Marnie >>>>>,

Thanks for the links and info', it will take me awhile to read thru, I want TrekC' to look at some of these too.

Although it is really technical, I think I/we can sift thru and still gain a lot of helpful information, so I am glad to have it!!!

Gotta go for now, irrigation leak in yard...

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Bumping up for, study access to links and so on.

Jus' Silverwolfi checking things!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Marnie
Member # 773

Look very closely at TUDAC (bile salt) ***together with*** Doxycycline.

CYP7A1 *liver enzyme). L- lactate dehydrogenase Borrelia burgdorferi and L- lactate dehydrogenase TUDAC.

To get you started:
The Western Fence lizard has something in its blood capable of destroying all forms of Bb. It produces a LOT of rhodopsin – the active form is metarhodopsin II -which releases all-trans-retinal which is a potent
***suppressor of CYP7A1***
(a liver enzyme that converts cholesterol – in foods – to bile acids)

Inflammatory cytokines also impact CYP7A1

I've been very sick - 8 days in ICU. Am recovering post op.

Marnie
Member # 773

After reading above, "Google" these:

TUDAC cardiac
TUDAC ALS
TUDAC Alzheimer's
TUDAC Parkinson's
TUDAC MS
TUDCA misfoled protein response

"In comparison, only LDH ( = L-lactate dehydrogenase )
activity was decreased by TUDCA treatment."
https://www.jci.org/articles/view/18945

And yes, Bb has a gene for L- Lactate dehydrogenase.

I was looking at taurine and ways to counter diaphragm fatigue triggered by bowel surgery. Gabapentin (200mg BID) + extra strength Tylenol (2) help a LOT - looking for WHY (GABA A delta receptor is involved.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement