LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Does anyone know what happened to ILADS case definition? Link broken

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone know what happened to ILADS case definition? Link broken
BobG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BobG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/05/prweb14305710.htm
Posts: 360 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Best to go straight to the source at ILADS.

I never quite trust those outside links like "PR Web" and the like. Sometimes their information is spot on but other times it can be skewed.

You may have to look around a bit through their TAB drop down menus - or give them a call.

www.ilads.org

ILADS
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://www.ilads.org/lyme/about-lyme.php

Basic Information about Lyme Disease

By The International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society

Some (not all) excerpts relating to chronic lyme:

A preponderance of evidence indicates that active ongoing spirochetal infection with or without other tick-borne coinfections is the cause of the persistent symptoms in chronic Lyme disease.

There has never been a study demonstrating that 30 days of antibiotic treatment cures chronic Lyme disease.

However there is a plethora of documentation in the us and european medical literature demonstrating by histology and culture techniques that short courses of antibiotic treatment fail to eradicate the Lyme spirochete.

Short treatment courses have resulted in upwards of a 40% relapse rate, especially if treatment is delayed.

Most cases of chronic Lyme disease require an extended course of antibiotic therapy to achieve symptomatic relief.

The return of symptoms and evidence of the continued presence of Borrelia Burgdorferi indicates the need for further treatment.

The very real consequences of untreated chronic persistent Lyme infection far outweigh the potential consequences of long-term antibiotic therapy.

Many patients with chronic Lyme disease require prolonged treatment until the patient is symptom-free. Relapses occur and retreatment may be required.

There are no tests currently available to prove that the organism is eradicated or that the patient with chronic Lyme disease is cured. . . .
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BobG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BobG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, went to ILADS and to the original journal in the link and look at all articles the journal has published. The ILADS web site makes no reference to this article which is a major mystery. It appears to me the article has been rescinded for reasons I would like to know.
Posts: 360 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Call Dr. S's office. He's one of the co-authors. To the right of PR article (about the missing article), contact detail:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/05/prweb14305710.htm
-

[ 03-06-2018, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
You asked about ILADS website.

Still, this detail about some scrubbing action at the CDC website might offer some kinds of explanation / connection:

https://www.lymedisease.org/cdc-deletes-idsa-more/

Lyme Disease.org - 07 December 2017

Touched By Lyme: More about CDC website’s deleted references to IDSA

Excerpts:

In a recent blog, I reported on how the CDC Lyme pages have recently scrubbed away any references to the IDSA Lyme guidelines.

They didn’t seem to change any of their actual advice, though. And they link to NIH pages that diss the concept of “chronic Lyme” and give a big thumbs-down to long-term antibiotics for Lyme. Leading me to the conclusion that the changes were mainly cosmetic. (“Lipstick on a pig?”)

This morning, on Twitter, independent journalist Mary Beth Pfeiffer posted a response from the CDC about why they had deleted the references to IDSA: . . . .

https://www.lymedisease.org/touchedbylyme-cdc-lipstick-on-pig/

CDC website removes link to IDSA guidelines.

Just lipstick on a pig?

LymeDisease.org - 02 December 2017
-

BobG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39642

Yes, lipstick but the pig looks a little better. Don't see the potential connection with CDC website. Troubling that a case definition very supportive of ILADS has been taken down.
BobG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39642

Tincup, any insight into this?
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. One minute. See if I can get it from my site. Not on my computer.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was easy enough! I surprise myself somtimes! Ha!

The pdf is on this page. Original link as you noted doesn't work.

https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/chronic-lyme-disease/definition-of-chronic-lyme-disease

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

And yes, it is excellent!!!! Please share far and wide!

Chronic Lyme exists and is now official!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

BobG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39642

Thanks. I had it too. I think I got it from your site. My question is why did the original journal remove it from their site?
Tincup
Member # 5829

Can't say Bob. But, hopefully it will be back soon!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

TX Lyme Mom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TX Lyme Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been deleted from PubMed, too! I searched for it just now, and it's definitely NOT listed on Stricker's publications list at PubMed.

If I am free to attend the upcoming Morgellon's disease conference in Austin next month, i'll try to remember to ask Marianne Middelveen about it. She's NOT one of the co-authors of this particular paper, but she has co-authored numerous articles on Morgellon's disease together with Dr. Stricker, so maybe she might know.

She's also a good friend of M.C. Fesler, the other co-author of this mysteriously missing article, so it should be easy enough for her to find out from either one of them.

I'm printing out a copy of it from TC's website right now so that I can take it along with me. Thanks, TC, for preserving such a fantastic archive of valuable Lyme documents.

Posts: 4563 | From TX | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BobG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39642

I sent a letter to the publisher. No response.
Tincup
Member # 5829

Well, as I said above, I >> can't << say.

And I do know that asking will produce no answers right now. Its a legal thing...

But, it should be resolved soon! Let's hope so!

And please keep sharing it! Use it all you can. Got to get the word out there.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement