LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lyme Co-infections Testing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme Co-infections Testing
kevin1983
Member # 51489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kevin1983   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is labcorp and compunet considered reliable sources for screening bartonella or babesia because my labcorp western blot i did last month with them detected not a single band and i only have medicaid for my insurance so i was curious if anybody else had luck trying these out and yes im aware igenex is the way to go but im just exploring other alternatives before i shell out 250$ on their western blot

thanks

Posts: 81 | From ohio | Registered: Jun 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never heard of compunet. Lab Corp is so-so .. Sometimes they do show a positive.

If you have NO bands, I would look elsewhere to find the source of your troubles.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lindadanis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lindadanis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Igenex is accepting medicare as payment.
Posts: 468 | From boston, ma | Registered: Feb 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's right. They do accept it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevin1983
Member # 51489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kevin1983   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
I never heard of compunet. Lab Corp is so-so .. Sometimes they do show a positive.

If you have NO bands, I would look elsewhere to find the source of your troubles.

compunet is affiliated with quest because my symptoms are mainly brain fog, derealization, loud tinnitus 24/7 + visual snow / static vision, sometimes muscle spasms / involuntary muscle movements, crawling feeling and sometimes bugs stinging at me, fatigue at random, hot/cold fluctuations(had this once so far), and heart palpitations

and i did some studying on bartonella infections and these issues correlate with that condition more than likely but i just was wondering if anybody else had any success using them

as i know basic wb tests omits specific bands from their panels and theres many strains of bartonella to detect which is why im just not sure cheap labs would find everything for additional co infections testing

(breaking up the post for easier reading for many here)

[ 08-17-2018, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 81 | From ohio | Registered: Jun 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Cheap labs will usually pick up band 41 .. so that would give you a clue.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kevin, just like Lyme, the other co-infections also have many strains.

There are like 24 strains of Bart. The same for Babesia, Mycoplasma etc etc......there are so many diff strains that testing is a crap shoot.

I wish testing was a clear indication, but it's not. You can try the labs that Medicaid pays for but you can't take it as the gospel.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Kevin,

Quest, in my opinion, is one step above Labcorp- or maybe 10 steps. I find many do test positive with Quest tests, so it might be worth a try.

Quest also has a PCR test now for Borrelia miyamotoi. Information is at the link below.

Quest also tests for two (use to be three) strains of Bartonella.

I have noted over the years that many in the mid-eastern Atlantic coast area will test positive on Quest Bartonella antibody tests, so you might want to give that a shot if you wanted to be tested.

If you click on "Quest" for the B. miyamotoi test it will take you to their information on it. Same with other tests.

https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/lab-tests/what-tests-should-i-get

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One more thought...

Labcorp is the one that Hold The Mayo Clinic uses to test patients, unless they are experimenting again with some other home made tests like some of the clowns do.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

OK, two more thoughts...

Here you'll find labs that you can use that don't need a doctors signature and the costs are generally a lot lower. I think I have about 10 of them listed there. (Saves cost of office visit and arguing with doctors.)

https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/lab-tests/list-of-lyme-testing-labs-human-tick-testing

IF I remember right, and I am sorry my memonry is fuzzy, a lab I saw a sign for outside one of their offices said they would do testing even if you didn't have money to pay. Something to that effect. ??

I BELIEVE it was the lab called "Any Lab Test Now!" and it is on that list at the link above. Might want to check into it?

I used the lab once and was not charged for the tests and there were a lot of them. BUT, check to be sure!!!

Also, at this link you'll find some ways to save money with testing, and a foundation that helps with costs for Lyme tests (IGeneX). Go to the bottom of the page to see that info.

https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/lab-tests/what-tests-should-i-get

Good luck!!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement