LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Rash and what has helped.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rash and what has helped.
Kathy Boss
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy Boss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had this rash for 2 years now.

First treatment that really hit it hard was ICHT Oct 2002. Still some was left behind.

Second treatment of ICHT in June 2003 helped it some again but did not get rid of all of it.

8 months of immune system rebuilding after tht helped some too. But, I still had at least 15 to 20% left to get rid of.

At one time my entire body except for the palms of my hands and the soles of my feet hand bumps.

So you can see this has been a long process.

Because I have felt so good for so many months now I have not gone off to other treatments in fear of stirring up bug's I did not want to resurface.

I almost lost my eyesight due to these bumps/rash in 2002.

But because I have been so comfortable for months now and still looking at these naging little bumps knowing they were there for a reason I decided to try the Fir-infared sauna my Pathologist has in his office.

Heat worked so good with ICHT my first time with no abx (I used abx my second ICHT and I got less results)I thought this Fir sauna might be worth the try.

I did it last week and the day of the treatment I could not tell anything but, the day after I felt so so good. Just like after ICHT the first time.

The rash started turning brown again, just like the first time and drying up. But, after that first day of feeling great I have herxed for almost a week now since then.

I have not had one of these for months. Not a bad one, but, I do know what it is and when my vision is blurred to where I can not read and I am tired like "hit by a bus" I know the score.

The rash is going away more and more everyday.

More than it did with ICHT.

Heat works with it for whatever reason. For me anyway.

I want to try it again next week for a full 5 days everyday just like we did ICHT the first time. Heat everyday for 5 days with no abx. I have not been back on abx since the second ICHT.

It is so, unreal to see and touch the bumps and feel them going away and see them turing brown from red and dissapering again.

A simple sanua. A fir. It has a carbon lining in it. I have heard there are several out there but my doc swears by the Fir.

I feel re-born again as I did back after the first ICHT. I don't know why the heat works like it does with me but it has worked the best.

I have been stable for 10 months and decided to take this leap of faith.

My core temp was a 103.4 He wanted to get me to a 104 but I just could not take another second. Much like ICHT in Italy.

What was left on my right arm is almost gone.

For those of you that have the rash, look for a fir-infared sauna.

For the rest of you depending on what your other issues are I do not know if it would work.

Like heavy metals, I do not know how that would effect you.

For whatever it is worth I hope this information can help someone else as well.

Good health to all, Kat

[This message has been edited by Kathy Boss (edited 14 May 2004).]

Posts: 1092 | From CA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistDi
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistDi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kat, how long are you staying in the sauna?

The most I can get to is 25 minutes?

It has helped me with neuropathy and rashes
as well. It is also known to help draw
heavy metals from the body.

Posts: 1567 | From Hatfield, MA, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bpeck
Member # 3235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bpeck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kathy:

Have you every had those bumps scrapped, then looked at under a high powered microscope?

What's making the bump? Mast cells?

Are these bumps smooth edged. or ragged edged?

Do you ever get hives also?

Barb

Posts: 1875 | From VT | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bpeck
Member # 3235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bpeck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up for Kathy
Posts: 1875 | From VT | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pnggirl
Member # 5391

Icon 5 posted      Profile for pnggirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if the sauna works in the same way that hydrotherapy works, raising the body temperature to a point to kill off the bacteria. If so, does that mean that there is still bacteria hovering around waiting for a reoccurence at a later date?
Posts: 32 | From Nashville, TN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathy Boss
Member # 3062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy Boss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry you guy's, I didn't mean to post & run.

I started off at 30 mins. After doing it 4 times in a row it only takes 20 minutes to hit 103 and over.

I had 4 biopsies done. granuloma Annulare was all they came up with. The bumps are smooth edged. Raised, no fluid and red.

They turn brown and go flat with treatment. From my first ICHT the ones that were the biggest turned brown and seemed to have scared. They were the worst & biggest.

They started out as single bumps in a patch and branched out into larger patch with scatered bumps around them. They eventualy connected making huge patches of bumps head to toe. Bright red.

As they die, tiny itsy bitsy more bumps come up and really spread out and turn brown and scaley. Like, treatment bring's what is under the skin that you do not see to the top and dies.

Hives I'm guessing is very itchy. This has a slight itch. Unless on ABX and then watch out! NOTHING helps.

After they go thru the brown stage I have tiny white scars left on the skin, then it turns the skin color.

Posts: 1092 | From CA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 14 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Kathy and all others on this thread.
I have skin tag like bumps ever since I had lyme or more correctly when they gave me steroids and nsaids for incorrect diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis...

anyway have gotten more as I've progressed thru this dumb disease and all the ducks say it's just ageing skin tags.

Due to input on this board I know it must be lyme related.

I don"t now how to get rid of them save snipping them off with string, scissors, or electrically burning them off.

I don't think these are the same bumps you refer to but a female friend I have also has lumps.
I'll send this to her.
I have had rashes that come and go.
I have had this none itching (contact dermatitis{so called by every duck and a dermatologist at Bay Pines Veterans Hosp.})

Most ducks have given me cotocosteroidal creams and the thing never went away completely and would come back mostly when I was having flareups.

It's on back of left hand just under the pinky finger. It would travel in a straight line like shingles or I imagine herpes but no pustules. Just white heads. Then they turn brown and dry scaly and appeared somewhere else in that area or on another finger or palm.
Nothing helped stop the dang thing.
I recently got a salve abx for conjunctivitis and thought, what the heck. I rubbed some of the salve on the erruptions and low and behold the little buggers have dried up and scaled and my skin is healing back to my original tecture.

I did the 'ERYTHROMYCIN OPHTHALMIC OINTMENT" just like they told me to use the "ELIDEL" steroid cream, three times a day. I would wet the area or apply after washing my hands.
I'm waiting to see if it's gone for good or if it's just in a waneing period.
It's been a month and so far no new whiteheads....

I did't get rid of my so called "swimmers ear" until they used an antibacterial/fungal form of drops. Just a side note.... the zman

------------------

[This message has been edited by lymie tony z (edited 14 May 2004).]

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement