LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » skin tags and possible POTTS?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: skin tags and possible POTTS?
lymie tony z
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have'nt seen this question yet but perhaps it's been addressed. Dermatologically speaking, besides the herpes like rash I get on my left hand periodically, the shingles like pelvic girdle rash and pain that seems to travel along that nerve, besides the heat rash type stuff and of course the migrans erythema...has anyone gotten an overload of skin tags usually associated with aging...some of mine are pink and some are brown...could this be Potts coinfection or skin cancer or is this related to lyme also??? the zman

------------------

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeavenlyHoller1
Member # 4416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HeavenlyHoller1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had many skin tags taken off. All non- cancer.

I have noticed a lot of them but then again I am 55. Still way to many to be normal.

I have friends the same age and older and they are not getting them.

Bless You, Love,HH

Posts: 44 | From Flag Pond, TN, USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you say POTTS what are you talking about? Are you talking about Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia?
http://www.potsplace.com/index.html

------------------
Lyme Disease Help
http://www.wildcondor.com

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minoucat
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi LTZ. You just gotta be the Lyme poster boy, huh....

Anyway, skin tags are pretty common. Can't really tell if it's LD specifically, or just disease in general. I have some in my mouth, yuck. Some good info at
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/019325.html
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/019376.html

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 12 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy howdy you all are very very good.
Thanks for the confirmation on the spots...it's got to be lyme related cuz I did'nt have them before...but it also could have something to do with the abx's cuz it seems I get new ones whenever I get on iv ceftriaxone...my theory was that the bacillus are so bonkers over the abx they breakout into the outer layers of skin to hide from the main blood flow. I know kinda nutty but just a theory of mine.

As far as the POTTS disease no I did'nt mean POTS. I did get my diseases mixed up. THe one you refer to I think my daughter by marrige is stricken with. the one I was referring to is a disease of the spine. but...I got it mixed up with another that I cant find right now in my funk and wagnal, but it has to do with these brown spots. I'll get back to you when and if I find it again.
I may not be the poster boy but I do seem to have a few symptoms...and I always thought I knew my body pretty well physically and mentally as a lot of us have been aware. Seems a lot of us have had active athletic lives pre-lyme. I'm not the worst I'm sure. Think how those out there that don't know yet like we did'nt what the heck is causeing all there symptoms.
thanks for the quick response...I'll sent the POTS on to my daughter. She faints all the time and the docs don't know why...maybe I can give her something to throw at her doctors...the poor educated devils need all the help we can give them...they seem to have been sleeping off a toga party or two when infectious diseases were the next class....etc and so on...

LOL the zman

------------------

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement