LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Fibro?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fibro?
duke77
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duke77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have noticed that on the arch of both my feet in the exact same place there is what appears to be a ball under my skin. That area is very sensitive and painful. Is this a Fibro. pressure point area? If not what could it be it is so uniform on both feet.
Posts: 649 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docdave130
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i probably is a symtom of lyme. fibro is a general symptom used by docs when they don't know what it is.
fivbro is actuall a symptom and not a disease as far as i know.fibro shows up in many autoimmune dieases and even aids, so i feel fibro and cfs are symptoms of an underlying disease process and not its own disease.
i get the same pain intermitantly going from foot to foot and also back of foot in the achilles area.
so i think it it part of the lyme disease process and just one of many symptoms you can obtain.
lyme treats everybody differently with different symptoms, different degrees of symptoms, and for this reason is hard to diagnose since it mimics many diseases and each person has basically a different set of symptoms. this may be related to coinfection of the 185 or so different strains of the bb bacteria, i don't think anybody knows at this point.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
echoing dave
Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ditto.

I have also had this and it cleared up when Lyme got under control. Good Luck!

Posts: 712 | From Ottawa, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amareo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amareo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there.....ummmm....Fibromyalgia has many pressure points/symptoms, and I'm not sure where they're all located. I do know that Fibromyalgia in itself is basically a description of symptoms....it isn't a cause. So whatever the cause may be, if I were you I would be looking into that.

Fibromyalgia itself is just a condition characterized by localized pain, tenderness, and stiffness of skeletal muscles/associated connective tissue and is usually accompanied by fatigue. So unfortunately even if you know you have it, you might still be uncertain as to WHY you have it. Lyme is known to cause it, and so are some other things....so you should definitely look into what's causing it.

Some people here might be able to give you information on finding LLMD's (Lyme literate medical docs) if your interested in exploring Lyme Disease as a cause, and your not sure where to go. (Forgive me btw if your an already-diagnosed Lymie....I didn't recognize your nickname....but if you are let me know so I don't bombard you with a bunch of redundant things lol)

Good luck!!

BTW --- I also have fibromyalgia by definition (I was diagnosed when I was 12 or 13) and I am positive for Lyme Disease and other tickborne bacterial illnesses (commonly known as co-infections)....so in my case Lyme was/is the cause of my fibromyalgia symptoms, but I won't say that that's the cause of your FM (if you have it) since I'm not a doctor and I don't know all the circumstances.....it could be a number of things causing it, so definitely look into it, and I would suggest finding an LLMD if your lyme suspiscious...that's where you'll have the best luck determining if Lyme could be the cause of this.

------------------
Lishka

[This message has been edited by Amareo (edited 13 June 2004).]

Posts: 212 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duke77
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duke77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was been going to a LLMD since Nov 03'. I had a positive blood PCR and a positive LUAT (dot blot). Strangely enough, no bands on the western blot not even 41. All coinfections were negative. I am still being treated for most of them with the exception of Babs.

Stella, how long did it take for your Lyme to get under control? I have been on heavy abx for 8 months. I have gotten a little better, four months ago I couldn't even turn my head from side to side because of the cracking and pain. Im getting depressed feeling that I will be on abx forever. I have not had a herx yet or atleast an obvious herx. As far as symptoms go I am probably in much better shape then many people here with Lyme. I haven't missed a day of work yet. Although many days of work I wish I would of missed I felt lousy. Lots of floaters, muscle fascilations, nausea, tired and very sweaty after little activity, skin problems, don't feel like doing hobbies or activities rather sit on the couch (which is not me in the past).

Outside of the pain spots on my foot arches I don't have any tender spots or even and muscle or bone pain. Unless Fibro has tender points in the feet and it is just starting I doubt it is Fibro. Probably just another weird symptom of Lyme. This disease sucks, it is so unique for person to person based on age, immune system, coinfections, how long you have had it, etc. Even the doctors can't answer all of my questions. They tell me they wish they had an answer for everything, but they just don't know everything about Lyme yet. Research dollars and manpower are limited mainly because of the HIV research.

I did read that Lyme and Fibro can cause peripheral neuropathy. Lately, the 4th and 5th fingers on both hands go numb and tingle often. My feet get numb as well, especially when I cross my legs. To me seems more like a blood circulation problem then a nerve problem. Not sure if Lyme can cause a circulation problem. I know before this my blood pressure was normal. I am on inderal now because it is rather high. As well as a spiked cholestrol level.

Posts: 649 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guiney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guiney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Fibro has many pressure points. I'm in physical therapy because my pressure points are very tender!

My neck and shoulder area especially!!! Causes major migrans!! Anyway, I do know if you have fibro there is always mycoplasma's present. Just thought you may be interested in that tidbit.

I was tested for co-infections and mycoplasma's were present!!! My llmd considers this to be co-infections and I am being treated for this along with many other things Lyme has caused!!

Anyway just thought this may interest you?! I read in Dr.B's article(one of many) that Mycoplasma is hard to rid of. Not very incouraging but it's worth a shot

E-mail me any time.......Jamie

------------------

Posts: 504 | From US | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement