LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone develope Asthma or breathing prob.?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone develope Asthma or breathing prob.?
guiney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guiney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never really had asthma until recently. Now I have to use a nebulizer every so often. I do use an inhaler more frequently.

I'm not sure if this is Lyme related or not? I justr went to the Er and they said I have Bronchitis and put me on zithromax and a cough syrup w/ codiene and phenergan in it

because I would not, could not stop coughing.Thay also gave me a shot in my artery in my wrist? Mever had that before. I cried like a baby because it hurt sooooooo bad!!!!

If anyone out there has had that done, can you tell me your experience? Was there any damage done to your artery?

Just curious....Is this Lyme or not?

Jamie

------------------

Posts: 504 | From US | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richtersl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richtersl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I answer your question with a question? Are you taking any beta blockers for heart or anxiety issues related to Lyme?

One side effect of beta blockers is that they can cause asthma! This is what happened to me. I was at a point where I was taking my emergency inhaler 2-3x/day. I also wound up in the emergency room one time because I couldn't breathe and my emergency inhaler did not work. My doctor took me off beta blockers and had me take magnesium supplements. The magnesium took care of my heart-related issues and it stopped the asthma attacks in the long run.

Taking magnesium supplements can help prevent asthma attacks in the long run. I bet if you started yourself on a magnesium protocol, you will find yourself less and less dependent on your inhaler and your nebulizer.

One doctor I know will give a magnesium IV to patient who's having a difficult time breathing. This doctor often does it as a last resort before sending the asthma patient to the hospital. More often than not then patient winds up going home rather than to the hospital.

The way I understand it, magnesium relaxes the spasms that make it difficult for you to breathe.

Linda

Posts: 749 | From New Hope, PA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guiney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guiney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx Linda for replying. I'm not sure what beta blockers are. I'm only on zithro. for the bronchtis.

I was on a bicillon shot once a week and 250mg. of zithro a day. But I was having minor seizures and icthing spells real bad, so my llmd took me off and am waiting to go see

her to see what she wants me to try next.Anyway, what type of magnesuim do you take?

Thanx, Jamie

------------------

Posts: 504 | From US | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richtersl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2554

Icon 7 posted      Profile for richtersl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beta-blockers are a type of medication used to treat Mitral Valve Prolapse, a heart condition where you mitral valve gets floppy and lets blood leak back into your heart. Lyme Disease has been known to REALLY aggravate this condition.

Following a magnesium protocol cannot hurt and it is worth trying for someone with asthma. There is literally TONS of information about magnesium on LymeNet alone.

Before heading out to the store, I would advise you to do a search in this forum using the term "Magnesium" and read up on it as much as possible.

Also, check these links out:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=magnesium+asthma&btnG=Google+Search

Linda

[This message has been edited by richtersl (edited 27 June 2004).]

Posts: 749 | From New Hope, PA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement