LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Results fighting Lyme... climbed Rainier this Summer!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Results fighting Lyme... climbed Rainier this Summer!
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for efsd25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just want to share that this summer we had some significant results fighting Lyme. My son and I were able to summit Mt. Rainier in Washington state this summer!

My son, who 2 years earlier could not jog 1 lap around a track without chest pains stopping him and myself, who 4 years ago barely had stamina and balance to walk around the block; we summited Mt. Rainier this July! This mountain is considered one of the harder endurance climbs in the lower 48 states.

For my son, this was thanks to Dr. J in New Haven. For myself, it was due to Rife machines. Most importantly, it was due to LYMENET folks communicating what was working for the Lyme community. Thank you Lymenet and all Lyme buddies who have shared their results...good and bad.

We will triumph over Lyme yet!!

Thanks Lyme buddies,

Ernie

Posts: 546 | From Cascadia subduction zone | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HaplyCarlessdave
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A success story! May it give us all hope!
I've got my sights set on some Colorado peaks- These aren't as big as Ranier, though. How long did it take you? What is the best way up? Sounds wonderful!
DaveS

Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ziggy
Member # 40605

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ziggy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!! good news!

------------------

http://www.wildernetwork.org

Posts: 1 | From Warwick RI | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is SOOOOO fabulous!
Congratulations on your wellness and demonstration thereof!

And thank you for posting it here!

orion

Posts: 245 | From Tickafornia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,I am so very happy for you. How strange I was just this morning looking at raineer on the map thinking of climbing it. Good job!!!! Which style rife did you use, the plasma tube, or the Doug device??? Hey Dave,I want to do another colorado 14 er, myself. MADDOG
Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymelighter
Member # 5310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymelighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ed, you da' Man! Now crack open a cold Rainier and toast to your recovery!

PS. When are you going to send your Boeing Business Jet out east to pick us up for the 1st annual Lyme Climb! LOL!

Posts: 1010 | From Mars | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for efsd25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi MADDOG,
For me a combination of the B3 pad device and the Doug electomagnetic coil worked the best. One good thing about the coil, is that, its effectiveness was visually verified. Doug was able to see spirocetes die at 27, 306, hertz( and corresponding harmonics of these). He was running the coil with a field strength of 400 gauss and using a microscope with a darkfield condenser to test the specific frequencies.

Remember, rife is NOT a cure per se, even doug still rifes a couple of times a year, but it is pretty close to a cure. If I can climb Mt. Rainier and work full time, that is pretty good for me!

For my son the traditional route with abx has worked for him thanks to Dr. J.

HaplyCarlessdave,
We went up the Dissapointment Cleaver route. Did the standard alpine start leaving at 2:00AM in the morning of July 3rd. Summitted around 8:00AM. Returned to Muir around noon, rested the afternoon, then headed down the rest of the way, arriving at Paradise at around 9:00PM

Life is good again! Ernie

[This message has been edited by efsd25 (edited 05 September 2004).]

Posts: 546 | From Cascadia subduction zone | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love these stories of recovery. I have to ask about Dr. J in New Haven. I notice you are in wash. state. I am in Ct. and we have a New Haven here. What state is the New Haven yyour talking about in? Im happy with my current dr. but if I dont wee more improvement soon I will be looking for another. thanks
Posts: 561 | From connecticut | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Sofy,
I am speaking about Dr. J in New Haven CT. We fly out twice a year for my son to see him. Dr. J is a world renown pediatrician, specializing in Lyme. So I don't know if he would treat adults. My wife and I don't even ask, we are just thankful that he has time to see our son. He has his hands full just helping kids literally from around the world.

Sofy, you are so close to so many good LLMD's in CT and NY I am envious. Good Luck!

beach4so
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3832

Icon 7 posted      Profile for beach4so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What wonderful news!!!

Hope ya'll continue to feel great!

Starr

Posts: 698 | From Louisiana | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liz28
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! Here's looking to the day when this is a routine experience, and you're gunning for Everest.

Thanks for your post. It's always inspiring to hear about people in love with life who overcome this illness and pursue the exciting goals they had to put on hold.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
levity101
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for levity101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ernie,
What great news and thanks for posting!

I'm wondering how old your son is, how long he was sick before diagnosis, and how long on abx?

Also, if you don't mind - how about for yourself? Did you both herx and at what point in time did you see improvement?

Sorry for all the questions, but my 14 yr old son initially did better with antibiotics, relapsed, and now they don't seem to help - after almost 3 years. We are looking into other modalities.

Thanks and be well.
~Nancy

Posts: 688 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Hi Nancy,

My son is 16 years old now. We (and Dr. Jones) believe he was born with Lyme as both my wife and I had Lyme when he was conceived. He had learning disabilites from the start. Was not diagnosed until 14 years old. Was failing and in special ed, now C's & B's in mainstream class!! Currently 2.3 years on abx. Saw slow improvement within a few weeks. The antibiotics really did the trick for my son!

For myself:
1987 infected, treated 5 days with abx.
2000 Dec diagnosed
2001-2002 abx, yes herxes, saw immediate improvement, but plateaued. After 2 years switched to rifing. Now have clear head and energy.

Has your son been tested for common coinfections? As you know, often that is the cause for "relapses". Dr. J did complete co-infection workup on my son. Turns out he had bart and some other things which he has been treated for.

Hope this helps.

Ernie

[This message has been edited by efsd25 (edited 06 September 2004).]

aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was great news and gives me hope!!! I was just diagnosed Tuesday but earlier this year was checking out Rainier on the I-net.

Seemed like a pipe dream cuz I am so sick but since I'm in lower 48 now for treatment thought it would be a goal to shoot for.

Live in Alaska but have been in Alabama near family since an accident (got hit on my mountain bike by a truck) and instead of recovering after 2 surgeries-need more-have gotten very ill.

What's rifing?? Am interested and curious. I haven't started my treatment yet am and looking for alternatives.

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Hi aklnwlf,
Thanks for your interest. Glad to hear that you have a diagnosis. That is half the battle! Regarding you question on rifing.
Rife is a method of killing bacteria within the body by using an electomagnetic field of a specific frequency.

This technique in not approved by the FDA, nor is accepted by mainstream medicine. The technique has been around since the 30's and is slowly being "rediscovered" by researchers. For example: http://www.washington.edu/newsroom/news/2000archive/03-00archive/k033000.html

There is a support group on Yahoo that focuses on just Lyme and rife. See http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme-and-rife/. In the file section, of the website, Bryan maintains a list of popular rife devices rated on their effectiviness. This will help you sort out "fact from fiction" on the web.

Most folks (including myself) try the traditional antibiotic route first and then turn to rife only if they do not get better with abx. Some people go directly to rife due to concerns of long term antibiotic therapy.

If you become interested in Rife, there is a rife convention in Seattle October 1-3. See http://www.royalrife.com/

Hope this helps!
Ernie

What's rifing?? Am interested and curious. I haven't started my treatment yet am and looking for alternatives.[/B][/QUOTE]

lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you explain what was seen in the microscope? Was this blood with lyme spirochetes in it? How was this obtained? If these bacteria are tissue trophic and professional labs have a hard time finding them in blood, how could an amateur find them?
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Hi Lou,
All good questions, I'll take a try at them, but please understand that I did not do the work, Doug did over 10 years ago. But I have spoken with Doug about what he saw.

1) Could you explain what was seen in the microscope? Doug could see the motile spriochetes with the darkfield condenser. He said when he turned on the coil at a Lyme specific frequency, the effect on the bacteria was immediate, they stopped their normal motile motion, and started spinning, mvoing erratically, and finally dying. Again with was with a 400 gauss field at 27 htz, 306 htz and harmonics of these.

From my little work, this is very reasonable. In fact, you can duplicate this to a degree. Just take a student microscope with a 100X objective and a 10X or 15X eye piece, and put in prestained slides of Borrelia burgdorferi from Wards Scientific Catalog. You will see the bacteria...no problem. I have done it with an pertrographic scope and had no issues.

The hard part is trying to see them while they are still alive. Which means you cannot use a stain, which kills the bacteria.

To view live Borrelia bacteria, like Doug did, you need a phase-contrast or darkfield condenser. These usually run for about $500-600 bucks. I have not bought one of these yet.

2) Was this blood with lyme spirochetes in it?
No, these were nutient incubated Bb bacteria. However, the best nuturient agar for growing Bb does contain ~6% calves blood.

3)How was this obtained? When Doug was doing this work, about 10 years ago, he obtained the samples from the CDC.

4) If these bacteria are tissue trophic and professional labs have a hard time finding them in blood, how could an amateur find them? Because he was looking at concentrated colonies in agar, not in blood. This was all that was required for find which frequencies killed the spirochetes.

Lou, I hope this answers your questions in part. I have more information on the best agars to use for Bb, but it is buried, so will take a while to dig it out. If you are truely interested, let me know and I will dig for it.

Take care,

Ernie

Kathy Boss
Member # 3062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy Boss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ernie,

Congrats to both you and your son!

This is such a mile stone for all of Lyme sufferers.

So many of us know what it feels like to not be able to walk from a chair to the bathroom.

Let alone climb a mountain.

What was the one most important thing that helped you get to where you are now?

Posts: 1092 | From CA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Hi Kathy, it is good to see your posts again.

The most importants thing were
1) getting amalgams out(still have 2 root canals that need to be removed).
2)The abx therapy that bought me time.
3)Rife machine treatments, that have made me feel human again.
4)Lymenet and Bryans Rife/Lyme site, both of which provided support and information on what works and what doesn't.

Good night Lyme Buddies!

Lymelighter
Member # 5310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymelighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ernie, what metals did you detect? Did you do chelation for your metals? What method did you use & did you notice improvement from the chelation in addition to RIFE?

If I recal, you're an engineer, by trade. IYO, Is the Doug coil the most efficacious RIFE for the $?

Posts: 1010 | From Mars | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ernie, I'm so glad to hear that you and your son are doing so well! Congratulations! Climbing Ranier must have been an exciting experience! It's such a beautiful mountain!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magdalena
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6096

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Magdalena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BRAVO!!!

I couldn't climb Mt. Rainier BEFORE Lyme!

Encouraging to hear this!

Best of Health to you both and keep us posted!

Maggie

Posts: 400 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathy Boss
Member # 3062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy Boss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Ernie,

Good to hear from you too!

I start my dental work on the 16th of this month.

Did you go to a bio-dentist? Did you do chelation before or after?

Did you take abx at anytime during your dental work?

Thanks a bunch!

Kat

Posts: 1092 | From CA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Hi Lymelighter,
here you go, this is just from memory....

Ernie, what metals did you detect?

Actually a host of metals were above normal limits. I don't have the list with me but it included Hg, Cu, Zn and some not so common ones.

Did you do chelation for your metals?

Yes, I had chelation shots then took chlorella to get them out of my system.

What method did you use & did you notice improvement from the chelation in addition to RIFE?

I did this chelation while still on abx, ( was on abx for 2 years 2001 & 2002 and ~ 1st quarter of 2003). I don't remember what was used, had the shots at a doctors office. I notice a gradual improvement during the 3 months or so I was actively chelating.

Actaully, think I should probably do it again. We are always taking in metals..yes?

You're an engineer, by trade. IYO,

In fact, I am a geologist, but that is OK.

Is the Doug coil the most efficacious RIFE for the $?

That's the rifer's question. Lot's of different opinions on this. Here's mine:
The doug coil is wonderful, but it is a pain (since I am a geologist not an engineer : and have the electical IQ of a snail), plus you can't get the high frequencies if you want them. SO, I have a doug coil, use it weekly AND would NEVER give it up; BUT I prefer the B3/GB4000 plus amp(an EMEM device would work also)for ease of operation and ability to get higher freq.

For most folks, I think the B3/GB4000 or an EMEM type device will get the results they want without the intellectual stimulation required for a Doug coil.

Hope this helps!

Ernie

[This message has been edited by efsd25 (edited 08 September 2004).]

efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Hi Kathy
Good for you! You should see an improvement as you dental work progresses.

Did you go to a bio-dentist?
**No, I just went to my normal dentist, He used a rubber dam and suction. There are better ways to do it, but the bio-dentist didn't take insurance, so I had to make a choice.**

Did you do chelation before or after?

**Mostly after but some before. I had so many fillings it was process. I still have some, but they are covered by crowns.**

Did you take abx at anytime during your dental work?

**Yes, I was on abx during that time**

Have Fun at the dentist, Kathy

efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Bryan,
Thanks for posting Doug's letter and the good point about the capacitor switchbox. I a planning to build one also, but am waiting for the rainy Seattle winter to set in before attempting this engineering Feat ( HA!)

The Doug machine is still the anchor for many Lyme folks, when all else fails...go to the Doug coil.

Thanks Bryan for all you have done to help the Lyme community and for the awareness of the Rife technique!!

[This message has been edited by efsd25 (edited 08 September 2004).]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement