LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I've upped my own IV dose...stupid

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I've upped my own IV dose...stupid
guiney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guiney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that is not a good thing to do, but I did it anyway.I was on 150 of Doxy twice a day thru the Picc

My nurse came in and took some blood to check my levels and then if everything was ok they were going to have me do

200 twice a day. That was my goal. My llmd wanted to start me off slow. Anyway, I have yet to get the results back and this was last week on the 7th

Anyway I got real upset over the fact that I have yet to get the results, so on friday I decided to up the dose to 200 twice a day.

I have to drive from Md. to NJ. to see my llmd. and I had a check up apt with her on mon. So I thought it would be good to do this so I could tell her of any change or reaction

Well she was mad. ahe also thinks that I'm to small to handle 400mg a day. That it's to much for me to do that for 10 weeks

and she wants me to stay on the 300 aday dose.My stomache is very bloated from yeast and all in all I wasn't handling that high of a dose.

But isn't that what is suppose to happen when we are on treatment? I hadn't had any real major herxes from the 300 dose.

Anyway I'm not sure what I'm really trying to say here. I know it is wrong to up the abx without her consent,

It's just I really want, when this is over and they take the Picc out, to of had this be worth it. To have it had a dramtic affect on the Lyme , Mycoplasma, and the encepholopathy!!!!!

Anyone out there with an opion on this matter? I'd like to hear different views on this... thanx, Jamie

------------------

Posts: 504 | From US | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey hey Little g...

Has anyone said that was a stupid thing to do?

Consider it said.

I have about 50 reasons why you shouldn't do that.. but I will spare you the lectures.

THIS TIME!

No I won't.

Are you NUTS?

You could have killed yourself playing around like that. You worry me simple!

Never never do it again... ever ever.. PLEASE!!

The first time we meet I don't want it to be at your funeral!!!

OK...

I'm done.

And I ONLY fuss at you because I care!!!

Now...

You have been sick a long long time.

I know what you have been through.

I also know how REALLY hard it is to wait to be better.

Days seem like MONTHS!

But there isn't a short cut here.

You gotta pay your dues.. no matter how bad that sucks.

You are VERY lucky she didn't kick you out and refuse to ever see you again.. by the way.

I would have if I were a doctor and it were me.

No offense.. but it can affect her whole practice.. and all her other patients.

So please little dipstick...

Be careful!!!

You mean too much to us to lose you too! We've lost too many already.

Now.. stay on the right doses.. and when you feel better..

Come on up here and kick my butt for giving you a hard time.

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guiney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guiney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are sooo right!!!! I wasn't thinking clearly... I haven't lately! I'm very depressed!

She was so upset, she just spoke very quietly,that's when I knew the importance of what I did....

It also affected me terrible. Physicaly and mentally.....

I can always count on you to VERY honest with me

Love ya!!!!! little"g"

------------------

Posts: 504 | From US | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I copied and pasted TC's Words of Wisdom although I don't like them. CAn I shoot the messenger? Will it help?

Now...

You have been sick a long long time.

I know what you have been through.

I also know how REALLY hard it is to wait to be better.

Days seem like MONTHS!

But there isn't a short cut here.

You gotta pay your dues.. no matter how bad that sucks.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2001

Icon 4 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As my LLMD says, "It's the TURTLE that wins the race against Lyme, NOT the HARE!!!"

Always follow your LLMD's instructions, always!!! If you feel like doing something different, talk it over with him/her.

Rosemary

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lishs mom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 2344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lishs mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to be honest...but I will chime in my thoughts

1) reading your post...you are "full of yeast"
How are you addressing this issue? Maybe this is why you feel like "SH**"

2) Doubling your dose like you did puts ALL lyme patients at risk. We are having a hard enough time getting our needs met because this "treatment" is "dangerous" ....things like this only make us take one step back.

If you are not emotionally in control to do what you need to do, then you need to ask for help in this area. (IE: ask someone to keep control of your meds)

Lastly as Rosie said "the turtle wins the race in Lyme..."

Posts: 1918 | From Central, Oregon | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HaplyCarlessdave
Member # 413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, IV doxy is RUDE stuff; you don't want to mess around. Dr. Burrascano's notes say about IV doxy, "Requires central line, as it is caustic." It is supposed to be very effective, though. Don't get mislead by comparing the dose with the usual dose of ceftriaxone- it's apples and oranges, as they say.
daveS

Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guiney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4550

Thank ya'll for the all that was said. Everytime I'm on treatment I get very depressed and very impatient.

Lishs mom... Yep I have a major problem with yeast. My stomache is so bloated and it hurts!!! I'm on Sporanox and I take Acidopholis supplements(lot's of em)

I do have help with my meds. my mom helps.
I'm on so much stuff it's nuts!! I never leave home without em.

So, I feel like a walking pharmacy, so of course I don't go anywhere much.

HaplyCarlessdave, I'd like to read that article you mentioned (or the notes)
" you don't want to mess around. Dr. Burrascano's notes say about IV doxy, "

Can you guidew me to it?

Lastly as Rosie said "the turtle wins the race in Lyme..."LOVE that phrase. Thanx, Jamie

------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey little "g"... this is from BIG G....take care of yourself! And yes, slow and steady wins the race!

NOW>......let's get that yeast under control. You can't just take acidolphilus and Sporanox and expect to not have a problem with yeast.

Many people think they can, but then how are they feeling these days? Yeast can make you just as miserable as Lyme.....check out this symptoms list and notice how closely the two lists of symptoms correlate!

Take a close look at the "5-Point" method of eliminating yeast in the first link. Follow it closely for 3 weeks and see how much better you feel! I promise you will notice a difference.

Once you get it under control, then you can ease up on the diet...some...but don't overdo it and have to start all over again!

We love you, Jamie......so take care of yourself!

Candida elimination: http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021412.html
Lyme symptoms list compared with yeast symptoms http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021202.html

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Health
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello G,

My words to you are... you learn as you go...

Dont beat yourself up about it, you learned the hard way, and now you wont go it again.

I uppped my dosages of some orals, lyme MD said to stay at lower level if it made me feel better, but one day, I mean one day I just could not handle all the days and years I have missed so I upped the dosage for a few days, and well, I got quite sick...

Did not get angry at myself, just sat there and cried and realized... that some just have to go slower to get well, I was one of those.

This disease drains the life out of us sometimes, and we just do what we think is right, maybe try a shortcut here and there, but... maybe there are no shortcuts for some of us.
Sometimes there are, so sometimes we take that chance, sometimes we win, sometimes we loose.

Give yourself a break here

Take care,

Trish

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guiney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4550

Alright Big"G" that is some good stuff-thanx!Tomm. I will do some research on this...

Thank you ALL for the encouragement!! This has been one of the best threads yet!!!!

health-- you said"This disease drains the life out of us sometimes" I think you are so right!!!

But I have to start thinking positive and remember why I am doing this treatment I could very well be herxing too?!?

Anywho....I love ya'll tu.....tutu

little"g"

------------------

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

I just wrote you a BIG long post.. and it was LOST!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I will not try to repeat it...

Basically hoping you are ok.. and doing better.

Want you to know I am thinking about you!!!

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement