LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Need help identifying atypical rash

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help identifying atypical rash
BambiLand
Member # 6183

Icon 5 posted      Profile for BambiLand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,

I am not diagnosed with Lyme - in the process of trying to figure out if I might be infected. I was hoping someone might be able to share what they know about atypical lyme rashes with me.

Also, if you have any info on lyme exacerbating other skin problems/rashes. I had read on one source that can occur.

I was bit by a deer tick in the spring (April or early May of this year)

I watched for any signs of a rash at the bite site, none appeared. At that time I did not know a rash was not necessary for infection to have taken place. When a rash did not develop, I thought I was probably in the clear. (I know better now! - if nothing else, if I don't have lyme I am a lot wiser for all the reading I have done on it!)

HOWEVER, I do have a rash on the same thigh, different area. The rash is on the inside of my thigh, the bite was on the outside. The area this rash is in, I have had previous rashes in the same area over the years, but it always remained small, did not spread. It would flare, then go away. This time the rash may have started around the time of the bite, but I don't know for sure. It has been chronic most of the spring til present. It started as a small oval (about the size of a 50 cent piece) and it has just kept expanding outward ever since. The rash is red, has raised red bumps and itches. The odd thing about it is that it has some of the characteristics of an EM, in the way that it has expanded outward from a small oval. The other thing is that the 'active' area is mainly only the outer edge as it expands. By active, I mean the area that itches and has raised bumps and is the reddest. The interior of the large oval/circle is for the most part just discolored now, faded rash. It has grown to cover almost the entire inside of my thigh from the groin almost to the knee and has expanded to the top and back of the thigh as well now.

Could this be an atypical lyme rash?

Or could it be a rash that was exacerbated by Lyme, since I have had a rash in this same area before?

It is the only place on my body that I have this rash.

I would be very interested in hearing from anyone else that has diagnosed Lyme and has had a similar sounding atypical rash or if lyme exacerbated a skin condition(s) you already have or had in the past.

Thanks so much!

Posts: 45 | From MN | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WELCOME To LYMENET

Here's more goodys! A typical response to newcomers.

Hi and WELCOME! Get a LLMD or at least Dr that is willing to learn about lyme. Borrelia Burgdorferi is a clinical diagnosis, based on symptoms and on your response to treatment. Good Luck, bumpy road ahead.

Post for a LLMD in Seeking a Doctor. Ps remember I am not a Dr, just a fellow sufferer.

How to Search Courtesy of Danq
LymeNet Links for New Members
Newbie's Lingo

Lyme Disease Audio Network
Dr. Joseph J. Burrascano's Treatment Guidelines
CDC Website on Lyme Disease
International Lyme and Associated Disease Society

Lyme Disease Symptoms
Rashes
Co-IinfectionsThanx M

Rose's 15 Facts for Newcomers
Making the Most of Your LLMD Visit
Camp A and Camp B, The Lyme Disease Contoversy
2nd Version Camp A Camp B

Why You Can't Trust Medical Journals Anymore
Something to share with friends and family members But You LOOK Good!

Labs
MDL
Igenex Labs

Western Blot Info
Explaining Borreliosis (Lyme) Western Blot Tests
Explanation of Western Blot Bands
Igenex Labs on the Western Blot
Melissa Kaplan's Lyme Website Explains Western Blot
Dr. C Explains Western Blot
- Not present
+ Low
++ Medium
+++ High
+/- Equivocal = indeterminate (there, but not as intense as Low)

Drug Interactions and Other Drug Info
Drug Digest
American Medical Women's Association Tiscali Reference Encyclopedia
Herxing
What Is a Herxheimer Reaction?
What Is Herxing?
The Herxheimer Reaction

Check Diet Link Atkins Diet
Sexually Transmitted ???
Transmitted Through Sex?
Sex Question-Serious-Adult Content
Video On Demand: Blood Supply May Be Source Of Lyme Disease Infections
Good Site Canadian Lyme Disease Association
FDA on Lyme Testing
Legal Help

GreatSite
MedicalDictionary

USA Support

SupportGroups Canada

SupportGroups Australia

( No you don't always see a bite and if there's no bullseye the only way your going to be able to tell is (symptoms) and (((Maybe))) WB or lyme dot blot 3 day urine banged with abx's to free your antigens up for the test. )
See this ( . )thats the size of the larva stage tick...
Next nymph size... ( * )
Next is adult ( o ) to ( 0 )
Pretty small????? HUH

Marnies......... Ten Points Regarding Mg and Lyme Disease

Canlyme MAG

Help with Meds

Vitamins you should Know

Tests Synonyms Guide

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly,what you described doesnt sound like an "atypical lyme rash" cause they come in all shapes and sizes, etc. It sounds very classic.

My lyme rash ( god bless its soul cause its a bit weird) has not been able to fully develop into the perfect bullseye.. it looks like a horseshoe on the bottom with a laddle handle on the top. The inside is perfectly white.

It varies from shade to shade depending on how I feel. On days I feel really good, its not there. On days I am herxing my brains out my nose, its VERY there.

Lyme did exabberate some other rashes that I had. I have a "multi toned face". I always have. ( im just now finding out cause of adrenals) BUT my face is REALLY multi toned since getting lyme.

In any case though.. deer tick bite
then rash
now symptoms???

I think that equals lyme. Did you post in seeking a doctor yet?

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimeOfLyme:
Honestly,what you described doesnt sound like an "atypical lyme rash" cause they come in all shapes and sizes, etc. It sounds very classic.

My lyme rash ( god bless its soul cause its a bit weird) has not been able to fully develop into the perfect bullseye.. it looks like a horseshoe on the bottom with a laddle handle on the top. The inside is perfectly white.

It varies from shade to shade depending on how I feel. On days I feel really good, its not there. On days I am herxing my brains out my nose, its VERY there.

Lyme did exabberate some other rashes that I had. I have a "multi toned face". I always have. ( im just now finding out cause of adrenals) BUT my face is REALLY multi toned since getting lyme.

In any case though.. deer tick bite
then rash
now symptoms???

I think that equals lyme. Did you post in seeking a doctor yet?

Hey pumkin head how you doin??

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement