LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How many of your partners have lyme?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How many of your partners have lyme?
shassler64
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shassler64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!
I was just wondering how many of you have lyme as couples and if so can you both remember the bite.

Sue from Downunder.

Posts: 801 | From Kiama,Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artbyjessie
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Started dating my fiancee 3 years ago - he had lyme but got the bullseye and was treated promptly with only a few tiny leftover symptoms.

2 months after we began having sex I got sick. however, i was an avid outdoors type - running/hiking/biking in the woods.

So who knows. I never did see a bite or a rash.

He is OK and I am sicker than a dog but it took me 2 years to figure out what was wrong.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband got lyme last summer, and also babesia all though we did not know about the babs at the time. He was treated for 8 months, and thought he was in the clear. We started having sex again after our baby boy was born, and that is when I got lyme, and probably babs too.

We have just completed 6 rounds of mepron/zith and are know just on zith and pulse one day a week with tinidazole. We will continue this until the end of the year, and hopefully everything will be cleared up by then.

Our baby is fine, thanks to this board we abstained during my pregnancy after hubby was bit.

Posts: 101 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, my husband probably has it, but he won't listen ... yet. I think he could have gotten as a child also, since I see Lyme in many of his relatives. But even if he didn't get it then....

How could he escape getting it from me, since I've had this 45 yrs and have been married to him for 31? I think it would be a miracle for him to have escaped it!

I THINK maybe he doesn't have babs, and so is able to function pretty normally. Plus he doesn't have ANY fillings in his teeth. I had a mouthful of mercury until about 2 yrs ago.

I think it makes a difference.

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeyinok
Member # 5817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeyinok     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was diagnosed summer 02 after bull's eye rash. my husband diagnosed this year after having many 'weird' symptoms for over 11 years with muscle fasciculations, eye problems, digestive symptoms.
Coincidence??
Also daughter, one son tested positive.
We have all experienced many tick bites over the years, but I am the only one who ever had a bulls eye.

------------------

Posts: 46 | From Norman, OK, USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CharV
Member # 5849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CharV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think my husband has it (he's still in denial) and was diagnosed with a Brown Recluse Spider bite about 10 years ago, that was probably a tick bite.

I also have it, but have never had the rash to my knowledge. Both of our children have had it with differing rashes, but were treated.

We live in a highly epidemic area for Lyme in Northwestern Virginia, so it's either we have all be exposed to lots of tick bites or it's been spread via human transmission. Who knows?

Posts: 62 | From Northwestern, VA, USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlkeen
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlkeen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, we both have it, son and dog too.

Several of the llmd's here make family group appointments or at least strongly suggest the whole family be tested.

Posts: 1572 | From Pa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Green Darkness
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 985

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green Darkness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just posted above about giving this disease to my ex boyfriend; we sent his leg rash picture off to my llmd who said, "looks like lyme" and my ex had a lot of my symptoms. When someone asked my llmd about lyme and sexual transmission , and this is what she told me in his office, his ans. is that we all could have lyme because of the fact that cows get lyme and when they pasturize the milk it is not at a high enough temp to kill off all the bb. Anyone else hear this version. Not sure what to believe.
I do feel I gave it to my ex or maybe just being around my dog and myself(we both have lyme) and the ticks are around, who knows. Just thought I'd add my two cents.

Posts: 560 | From PA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caveman
Member # 35894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caveman         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CharV,

I would have sent this by email if I could have, but since I couldn't: interesting to see where you live, and you say it is highly endemic to Lyme. There is a tick expert in the biol. dept. at Old Dominion Univ. who claims that there is no LD in the ticks west of the Blue Ridge in Va. It is just west of where you are in WVa, because a relative of mine got it there from a deer tick.

I'm just wondering what is the basis for your claim of endemism. Email me if you wish. Thanks. -Caveman

Posts: 10 | From Maryland | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im not charv , but caveman-

ticks dont know boundaries. The ones with lyme didnt stand on the rocks and go "Well Judd, we can't go over there"

Neither did the birds that migrate there. "Sorry Sweetie, we arent allowed to take our ticks into that area"

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sue vG
Member # 3143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sue vG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another vote for a husband who has it but is in denial and won't get tested.

Also, a coworker and his wife have it. Both are being treated but he says he doesn't have any symptoms. She has a rough go of it, like many of us females.

Edited to answer your question about a bite. I can recall 2, possibly 3 tick bites in my life and never got a rash. He has been bitten a number of times, no rash.

[This message has been edited by Sue vG (edited 19 September 2004).]

Posts: 1307 | From TX | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breathwork
Member # 567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breathwork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caveman...tell your pal at ODU that he's sadly misinformed...I was bitten three times in my own yard in Newport News..bulls eyes...positive blood work...found the last tick on my belly..was hospitalized shortly after that...

Also tell him that Ft. Eustis did an epidemiological study on ticks and lyme and determined that the diagnosis of lyme is considered a "high threat" if one is bitten by a tick on base...Ft. Eustis is in the northern end of Newport News along the eastern edge of the James River...way, way east of the Blue Ridge Mountains...

As to my partner.....yep, he devleoped symptoms and tested positive months after we began an intimate relationship. He is a total computer geek. We live in Silicon Valley now...the boy doesn't go outside except to get in his car.

He took three months of doxy and has been symptom free for over a year.

[This message has been edited by breathwork (edited 19 September 2004).]

Posts: 1062 | From CA USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breathwork
Member # 567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breathwork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to add that every vet in the Tidewater region of VA is well informed of the risk of lyme. Two dogs in my old neighborhood died from it....Owners are asked to vaccinate their dogs as it is considered to be endemic in Tidewater now.

I know of several people in Newport News, Chesapeake and Va. Beach with lyme...

Posts: 1062 | From CA USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breathwork
Member # 567

OOooops...big oops...

I just realized that you said west of the mountains...not east...

My bad....

caveman
Member # 35894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caveman         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breathwork,

Just started reading your posts. Thought maybe I had given the wrong direction. Nope. I meant West of the Blue Ridge. Thanks for data anyhow.

To TheCrimeOfLyme,

I agree with you, partially. But animals do have natural ranges, including arthropods like ticks and their hosts. And there are natural barriers such as mtns, rivers, or climatic conditions.

I'm just surprised that some deer or white-footed mouse hasn't crossed the Blue Ridge Mtns. in Va, carrying some of our eastern sick ticks, and thus establishing LD in the western part of the state.

However, the old data on the CDC website does support the claims of the ODU biologist. Thus the reason I am always interested when I hear of a case of LD west of the mtns. Just another instance of LD being under-reported possibly.

And one more note. The kind of ticks that concern us are probably not hitching rides on birds. Birds are not their normal hosts or prey.

-Caveman

Posts: 10 | From Maryland | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey cave...

Seems you and I are the only ones who read the title the same. HA! Yep.. ALL my partners have it! All 28 of them!

Caveman-

Welcome to Lyme Net.

Farmville... nice place!

I would love to continue your discussion on another post so I don't "gunk up" this one.

What do you say? I will start it now...

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curley911
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curley911     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have it and so does my husband. So does one brother, his wife, their 4 kids and it was traced back the the grandfather who died of Alzheimer's. What made it convincing is that many of them had babesia too.

Posts: 982 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Around here there is just me, myself, and I AND yep we all have it so I guess thats right.
Boy, sounds like Tincup really gets around!!! :P
Last visit to LLMD, he said " 'IF' you are around cow pastures you are basicly in trouble"
And am I west of those darn (forgot that name again))) mountains yur takin bout?
If anybody believes that it is only on one side of something maybe its the bridge I have for sale. Mighty fine one too.
And Cave 76- Why is your life such a miserable life? I know, I know, been there and done that too and it is definitely NO fun. But the sun will rise again tommorrow, promise. And if it doesnt, you can come rain on my parade. If you need somebody to talk to, I can manage that. Sure like your style.
--don--

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine does.
Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymies3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymies3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine did. He had past LD, active LD, HME & HGE as well. I had past LD and Babs. Son had LD. All of us acquired it in different geographic locations as well as different years. LLMD felt I initially gave it to Son.

Our was not a case of sexual transmission though since spouse and I had it before we got together.

Sal

Posts: 195 | From Tampa, FL | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement