LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » To david1097 re AC drivers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To david1097 re AC drivers
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for efsd25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi david1097,

Thanks for mentioning the ac drivers as an alternative to audio amps for rife machines. That is a great idea.

Would you happen to know if I can set the freq of the ac driver or is there an input where I can use a frequency generator?
Thanks, Ernie

Posts: 546 | From Cascadia subduction zone | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25

Icon 5 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm interested in this too, I wonder if you could run an argon tube off of it some way??
Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david1097
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david1097     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the frequency, It depends on which type of drive you get. Some are just amplifiers that drive the motors on robots, which obtain the input signal from a computer.

You have to search around for these as they are basically surplus equipment. The all in one units typically have their own frequency generator that is built into the unit. (ie TB WOODS make some, ther are lower cost ones alos but I don't remember the manes o the companies)
Most can be set by a keypad or via an external resistor (actually a voltage). If you wanted to you could have a computer with a DAC board act like the resistor but for adjustalbe fixed frequency operation a multi turn resistor is the easiest thing to use.

On the tube drive, I don't remember what type of signal is used to drive the tubes. I seem to recall that is was pulsed RF but I might be wrong. If it is just low frequency AC then you can use a step up transformer but the range of usable frequencies will be limited by the transformer characteritics.

If it pulsed RF, look for a old ham radio transciever. Most would output at least 100 watts, which is easily enough to light a tube and if you find a unit that had AM (not all had/have this) you can put what ever waveform you like to modulate the power. If it just want a on off pulse, all of these units can do this in CW mode.

On the whole rife topic, It appears that it works for some people and I can't and won't argue with success, I am however at a loss as to how it works.

I don't buy the vibrational frequency explaination due to the fact that it does not hold up to fundimental physics that would be encountered in the apparent successfull application of the treatment.

In other words, the different types treatment (coil, lamp, e-field) and the frequency of operation of these as well as the tissue penetration are quite different for each of these exposure methods. However people claim that each works. In addition, the ability to fragment the bacteria by EM excitation is highly dependant on what matrix the bacteria is located in. In tissue it is more tightly bound and less free to vibrate than it would be in serum, yet the technique appears to work at a specific frequency regardless of target organ.

Also, there are lists of "resonant" frequencies for various viruses and bacteria and the treatment time is so short, why not just sweep the whole spectrum with a sweep genrator, that way you get then all in one shot.

Bottom line is that it appears that something is going on but the explainations to date are insufficient to explain it in a manner that matches experience. I dont think that it is placebo effect, so I assume that it something that nobody has figured out yet, its basically just a bunch of experimental observations.

The explaination is very important in that once a model is derived, the techniques should be able to be optimized and deployed on a commercial scale. If Rife does indeed work and the modality of operation is figured out it is not inconceivable that you could stick sick people into a MRI like device and fix up thier problems. Such a device would not even need FDA approval as this would be the jursidiction of the FCC.

Unfortunately at this time this is only seen in the science fiction movies....

Posts: 1184 | From north america | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement