LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Disability Approved----WAHOO!!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Disability Approved----WAHOO!!!!!!!
guiney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4550

Icon 10 posted      Profile for guiney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't beleive it!!!!! I'm soo happy!!! I applied once and they denied me. Second time they approved me.

My pcp, the er and my llmd all sent them records and stuff like that... The process only took 8 months total.

Next week I go in to the office to find out when I will start getting my checks and how much.

I will also get back pay!!!

For those of you out there fighting for disability..... DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!!!

Jamie

Posts: 504 | From US | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That should put a damper on your herx Yippy
Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ZIPPITY DO DAH!!!!

I just put on my hat covered in fruit and am dancing on the table!!!

Whiskey for my men... beer for my horses!

YIPPEEE!!!!!!!

Now young lady...

Focus that energy you have into getting better!

You stuck with it on THAT project... and I am VERY proud of you for not giving up!

Now SHOW me what you can do to kick Lyme butt!

Don't let the tick win!

We CAN do it!

We can DO it!

WE can do it!

We can do IT!

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[The process only took 8 months total. Jamie

Jamie, FANTASTIC for you in only 8 SHORT months. I'm happy you had such a short time of it.

Me, I'm 4 yrs., 2 months into this. Denied 1st time & by ALJudge 2 yrs. ago when it should have been approved.

Waited over 1 yr. for my 2nd ALJudge hearing.

Told 2 wks. prior to my lyme dx that NOTHING would be worked up nor any hearing until appeals council in Virginia makes a decision. It has to be there 2.5 years before it's looked at.

Last week called local SS director to see what I could do since I now had a CORRECT dx of late stage lyme disease after 34 yrs. of being incorrectly diagnosed, and after my lawyer quit me after about 4 yrs.

She said to write the judge & ask to REOPEN my 2nd case w/new dx & all medical reports, and ask to REVIEW my 2nd case to see if RFC, residual function capacity tests done by treating dr./rheumatologist,

and 2 MFC, mental function capacity tests were submitted by psychiatrist & psychologist BEFORE they denied me the 2nd time.

Judge should have received my package of info Mon. or Tues....wait & see. Congrats, Betty G., Iowa

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ConnieMc
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConnieMc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great! I, too, was recently approved after about 8 months.

It's good to know that Soc Sec is recognizing that this disease can cause long-term functional problems.

I am curious - if you want to report this - do you know under what category you were approved? I hear sometimes that they stick these cases under a psych diagnosis. I am still trying to find out how mine was approved, and a benefits counselor is working on getting that info for me. Just curious if you know. I hear it is very important to stay tuned in to that when you are up for review and are submitting further info.

It's not much, huh? Considering the fact that I had worked several years part time to desperately try to keep working, and my benefits were partially figured for the reduced income years, I am getting literally between 1/4 to 1/3 of what I am capable of earning. Not to mention the extra $$$ going out for medical. Will keep us out of the poor house, anyway. Maybe.

Good luck!

Posts: 2275 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement