LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » LymeNet Funding Campaign Update

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LymeNet Funding Campaign Update
bstolow
Founding Member
Member # 85

Icon 9 posted      Profile for bstolow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Folks, we have collected $1,195 towards our goal of $6,000 over the past three weeks. We usually run the campaign until the end of October. So, please, please get the word out that LymeNet needs to raise these funds to continue to serve you.

We have some great plans for LymeNet this year which includes a new server and great new software which will make using LymeNet even faster and easier.

Please make your donation, as much as you can afford, today.

Bill Stolow
President, The Lyme Disease Network of NJ

Posts: 133 | From East Brunswick, NJ USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering..

Did you guys (members) get emails this year telling you about the fund rasier?

I always have in the past.. but not this year.

I wonder if other folks here got their notices?

If not.. my bet is many folks don't know about it because they aren't always here to see the posts on the board.

Soooooo gang... please help out and donate what you can...

It looks like an extra $1,000.00 is needed for Lyme Net this year... and we barely make the $5,000.00 each year during the fund raising drive... so any extra will help towards the goal.

Bill..

Are you getting mostly responses from letters you sent out in the snail mail.. or mostly from the folks here?

I am afraid this time of year is a bit slower than other times.. and perhaps people aren't seeing the notices you post??

The fund raiser is a bit early for me this year. I usually use my Christmas Club Check and donate from it, since I am on disability.

Once it arrives I will be sending in what I can. But it may be late if you are stopping the fund raiser at the end of October this year... sorry!!!

I guess better late than never? I HOPE!

For those who are interested...

Here is the progress report from LAST YEAR. So far, for week 3, we are several thousand behind last year.. and they said we need an extra 1,000.

And it gives instructions on how to use Paypal.

The ***2003*** LymeNet FundDrive

October 26 to November 30, 2003

FundDrive Goal $ 5000.00

Each week, on Sunday, I will update this post with the current status of our effort to reach our goal of $5000.00

Off to a good start..........................
Collected to date $ 795.00 as of 11/2/2003

Movin' along.................................
Collected to date $2286.00 as of 11/9/2003

Two weeks to go..............................
Collected to date $3456.00 as of 11/16/2003

One week to go...............................
Collected to date $3611.00 as of 11/23/2003

Countdown 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 the new total........
Collected to date $5234.00 as of 11/30/2003

The link to the 2003 LymeNet FundDrive info is:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum3/HTML/008793.html

On October 26, 2003 we began a fund drive for LymeNet. We will be sending notification to 4000+ people consisting of the LymeNet users, our family and friends, members of our church, our former classmates, my former IBM co-workers and many Lyme victims who we have helped.

Our goal is to raise sufficient funds to keep LymeNet operating. At the time we began the fund drive LymeNet's operating funds were very low.

We MUST raise this money or LymeNet can no longer continue to be here to help YOU!!!

Lou B and Angela

Anyone who wishes to may now donate to LymeNet by using PayPal. Below the menu on the left of this web page you will see a logo that says "Make a Donation".

Simply click on the "Make a Donation" image, you will proceed to PayPal and the amount you donate will go directly to LymeNet.

Donations to LymeNet are tax deductible; should you require written confirmation of your donation (required by the IRS for contributions over $250) we will be glad to do so on request. To claim the deduction for 2003, donations must be made prior to December 31, 2003.

[This message has been edited by Tincup (edited 06 October 2004).]

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1357

Icon 10 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up!!!
Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
riversinger
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riversinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did get a reminder, TC. And, I sent my check. I'm so grateful for all the help here at this site, how could I not!

------------------
Sonoma County Lyme Support
[email protected]

Posts: 2142 | From California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bstolow
Founding Member
Member # 85

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bstolow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC,

Yes, we did send an e-mail to all registered users of LymeNet. I will have it sent again. We did not use snail mail last year or this.

We need everyone to reach outside the LymeNet community for donations. The worst thing a person can say to you is no. But you would not beleive how often people say yes to a good cause.

Bill

Posts: 133 | From East Brunswick, NJ USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement