LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » leg muscle pain anyone?!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: leg muscle pain anyone?!!!
mammachase
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mammachase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My biggest problem with lyme is: my leg muscles are so tight they look and feel like I just ran a marathon, as the day goes on they get tighter and tighter until night they are just throbbing like someone beat my legs with a bat, I just got quinine sulfate which I'm hoping will help with these muscle spasms/tightness to allow me not to be in as much pain while walking. Anyone else experience this type of pain????Sometimes I doubt I have lyme because others say they don't have muscle pain, but muscle spasms/twitching and my doctor thinks I may have diseased muscles instead.
Posts: 190 | From Bourne, Massachusetts, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beachcomber
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachcomber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mamma:

Yes, I have terrible leg muscle pain. That, and pain in my shoulders and neck. The leg muscle pain gets worse as the day goes on and I get stiff heavy legs at night. It does help to move a bit - try not to sit still for too long. I am seeing my MD today to discuss this, among other things, because it has gotten worse since doing IM Bicillin.

I too get spasms or pulsing twitches in my legs. It's a little freaky to watch. It doesn't happen too often. Epsom Salts baths help with that.

I do yoga and some weight training (when I can) so, this may contribute to the pain and spasms, as I am hardly in peak physical condition.

Bc

Posts: 1452 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not know the answers but you need calcium and magnesium for the muscles..My daughter is much better when getting both..Also her llmd said it isnt' good to take both at the same time or with abx..

Marnie has some good posts on Mg.
Good luck

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, yes. I know this pain all too well. I have it in my thighs, feet and upper back. I've heard this could be caused by Babesia.

I don't know if helps my legs, but the best thing I did for my upper back was start taking Flexeril. It's a muscle relaxer, and it can really knock you down, but it changed my life.

I definitely feel better when I use my legs. Consider working with a good physical therapist who can help you learn easy exercises. Or try exercising in the pool. Heat after exercise helps.

Finally, water. Most of us are dehydrated, and I really think it impacts my muscle pain.

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too have leg pain, mostly in my right leg. The muscles in that leg are incredibly tight. My pain gets better during the day, but then comes back at night. It often wakes me up.

I am currently undergoing Kinesis Myofascial Integration (do a search on-line) and am on Biaxin and Ceftin. Also work out on my Pilates machine. These seem to help.

P.S. Who is this doctor who thinks you have "diseased muscles?" Not an LLMD, surely.

Posts: 1757 | From Somerset County, NJ | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex1950
Member # 6308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alex1950     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this may sound crazy or think that you may never be able to do it because of the pain, try stretching. Since developing problems with my left muscles, and try to stretch every day, there is very little pain.

Go easy at first, do not force the muscles, and let them stretch on their own. Stretch until there is little pain and can feel the muscles stretching. Try to hold it for at least 20 sec.

Also simple leg exercises also helps.

Even Dr Burrascano recommends it.

Any good book on exercising will detail the stretching and leg workouts.

You might say I can never do that. Try it do a little at a time, you'll be surprised of the outcome.

Happy Stretching!

Alex

Posts: 77 | From Chester NJ 07930 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW - my leg pain first started, and was at its worst,when I was on Biaxin.
Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mathias
Member # 5298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mathias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have leg pain all the time (along with pain in other muscles too). I also have muscle twitching.

My LLMD started me on quinine (via tonic water). Been on it 2 weeks so far. Notice very little improvement if any.

I also had more stiffness and pain in my leg muscles when I was on Biaxin.

Stretching helps me tremendously.

Posts: 1242 | From New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LC-NY
Member # 6525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LC-NY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I was diagnosed with hamstring tendonosis arlier ethis summer and then more recently with an SI joint problem. I've had extreemly tight muscles in my buttocks and legs. This last doctor had me do a blood work up and I showed high counts for lyme disease. I'm seeing a rheumotologist this week to confirm this. I wanted to let you know that after making no progress with physical therapy and massage therapy I tried acupuncture. It's amazing. I didn't see results until the 3rd or 4th visit. I've been seeing him for a month and a half. After about a month of going 2x a week he was able to release most of the tight or "locked" muscles. You may want to give this a try. Good luck.

quote:
Originally posted by mammachase:
My biggest problem with lyme is: my leg muscles are so tight they look and feel like I just ran a marathon, as the day goes on they get tighter and tighter until night they are just throbbing like someone beat my legs with a bat, I just got quinine sulfate which I'm hoping will help with these muscle spasms/tightness to allow me not to be in as much pain while walking. Anyone else experience this type of pain????Sometimes I doubt I have lyme because others say they don't have muscle pain, but muscle spasms/twitching and my doctor thinks I may have diseased muscles instead.

Posts: 1 | From New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
can not remeber
Member # 6520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for can not remeber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lost control of my muscles and was staring. The people at work took me home. At home I called a friend because I was scared I was going to have seizure. She took me to the hospital with paralysis and uncontrolled seizures (had those for over month - hoping a would get abs of steel, not). Yet I was conscious the entire time. My muscles had a mind all their own. Much later I felt a weird sensation in my right leg from the knee down. It felt like it was swelling moment by moment. Later I became a nut. Began talking like a child and behaving austitic - could not keep still - moving legs, hands, starring, head would fall, arms would fall, I would fall and could not hold my eyes open due to extreme fatigue. Later insomnia..
I am so frustrated, I want to shake people and yell - you do not understand and it pisses me off that they don't. I can not find words to finish a sentence that is if I remember what I was talking about in the first place....and then it goes away - poof.
Damn tick, funny little fella. I am not laughing anymore.
T.

Posts: 61 | From cosmo | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wrotek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrotek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this muscles twiches all over my body. I have lyme 4 years and finally my Igg and IGM are fine. But symptoms did not go away.

I was wondering why some people diagnose themselves with other tick borne diseases like babesia and my doctor did not tell me to diagnose any other diseasse only treated me with Lyme disease that i diagnosed it by myself.
He said that this other diseases are agressive and fastly dissapearnig.

Posts: 636 | From Wroclaw, Poland | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement