LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » *cetams for memory and brain fog

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: *cetams for memory and brain fog
lymeHerx001
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did a search and no one mentioned piracetam and its analogues for increasing memory and cognition.

Ive had great sucess in the past with piracetam and aniracetam.

They ::

Increase memory
improve blood flow
normalize eeg
improve mood
improve motivation and goal seeking behavior

Just thought Id mention it:

take care

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minoucat
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks, I googled on it, very interesting.
Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sleepy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4656

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sleepy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ordered some from Nubrain and am waiting for it to arrive. Another suggestion they had for me was something called "Brain Quicken".

I had posted something about a six weeks ago to see if anyone had tried cognitive enhancing drugs and someone suggested piracetam.

I remember reading someplace on the forums that our brains don't get proper circulation in the cerebellum (the front part)?

Piracetam sounded like a very reasonable thing to try.

Glad to hear you have had great success. I am realling looking forward to trying it.

Sleepy.

Posts: 140 | From Vancouver Island | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
can not remeber
Member # 6520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for can not remeber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hi Lyme herx,

Can you tell me more about this? What do you mean that it will normalize an EEG? I have had many while I was on the table and jerking - the eeg never picked it up. Did you have abnormal eeg's? Tell me more about this so I can ask the doc about it - if you do not mind
Thanks and be well,
Teri

Posts: 61 | From cosmo | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well the eeg pick up your brain waves.

Delta, Theta, Alpha, and Beta

These are all oscillating electrical voltages in the brain, but they are very tiny voltages, just a few millionths of a volt

We can get into trouble if we can not turn on the type of brain wave needed for the task at hand.\

During sleep we need to be in Delta, during wake we need to be in Aplha.

So the aniracetam normalizes or should I say makes it easier to get into the appropriate wave for the task at hand.

Being awake during the day with %100 concentration and being totally worry free and relaxed at night.

Hope this helps

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sleepy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4656

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sleepy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymeherx, my Piracetam arrived in the mail today. Wow! It took forever. Anyway,
What dose do you take? I have 800mg capsules.

The bottle more or less says you can take 1-12 capsules a day (depending on the effect you want I guess).

Just wondering what works for you.

Posts: 140 | From Vancouver Island | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

So how is the piracetam working?

Sleepy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4656

Oh my goodness!
I haven't looked in on this site for ages and just happened to look in tonight and I saw this old post had come up!

I completely forgot about the pireacetam!!

I put it in the cupboard and forgot it existed (story of my life since lyme). AND...My neuro symptoms have really started to get worse lately (I think just being run down from christmas).

Today I was just trying to remember which supplements are good for the brain since the fog, horrible brain fatigue and dizziness and all that has gotten bad again.

I will start tomorrow (now there's a classic New Year's statement!).

Tks for bringing this up!

Wow! Perfect timing!

Sleepy!

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Someone else on this board was asking about the piracetams aswell.

I know its not a panacea and it doesnt beat the fact that we have neuro-toxins and bacterial and viral loads, however.

I began using piracetam long before I knew I had Lyme. It always worked well.

That is the first 3 years of using it.

All I have to say is start slow and low just to know how you handle it. But if you must you can take as much as you want without major side effects.

It is cleared from your body in 5-6 hours so take it in the morning.

All I know is I felt so amazing on it. Very motivated , very smart and had a good memory and very compassionate and spiritual. If that makes any sense.

It made me feel more connected to my environment and inproved my mood and general sense of wellbeing.

I still have not taken a drug to this day that made me feel as sober as piracetam has.

Nothing like coffee or other stimulants.

Good luck everyone!!

RECIPEGIRL
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5884

Icon 12 posted      Profile for RECIPEGIRL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Lymeherx,

Glad to hear such great feedback on Piracetam.

It's wonderful that you feel human again on it. I didn't realized you had taken it for 3 years. Thanks for the helpful info.

I'm also waiting to hear how jo3 likes it.

I've read about it in my Life Extension book. It says it also helps alleviate hypoxia-caused sleep disturbance and can even protect the liver from antituberculosis drugs.

Skakun NP, Slivka lul. Effectiveness of tocopherol and antihypoxic agents in liver damage caused by antitubercular agents. Probl Tuberk 1991;69:57-9

I wonder if that includes Rifampin for Bartonella----hmmmmm.

Well, you sound like you're doing really good. Hope so.

I've been taking Mino 50 mg for my brain for almost a week; and I'm still alive----no pain! We'll see what happens when I go to 100mg daily.

Happy New Year,
Jan

Posts: 602 | From Burleson, Texas, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

haha

I just read this post.

God bless you recepiegirl for being the optimist, but

The piracetam really worked the best maybee 5 years ago, stopped helping 2 years ago when I became very very sick.

I think ive had maybee 6 days in the past 15 months where I have felt human.

I still try to hope.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement