LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » so i suppose this is herxing....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: so i suppose this is herxing....
achey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for achey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can you say crash and burn?

that's where i'm at tonight. self pity, scared,pain,leftarm paralysis, confusion.

started to get no turn back fatigue abt mid weds. yesterday was hard but pulled through. almost caused a major accident getting home last night. I'm a good driver. It scared me.

Announced to family that I would be home today...no driving, it did'nt feel safe. they didn't believe me. needed to ask neighbor to pick up my son. So hard to ask for help.

Nurse came out to change my needle today, but didn't offer to wait so I could get a quick shower.

one minute i'm ok...the next pain , then can't stop crying.

yes, it's 4 wks since starting zith iv. I guess it's working, huh?

I miss school and work and christmas shopping and remembering.
I miss intimacy and friends. I feel like i'm falling of f the face of the earth.

thanks for letting me put it here...
maybe better tomorrow

Posts: 663 | From NH USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caat
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 2321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch! yep, I guess it's working...

Well, you're in good company here. It's hard when no one believes you except people on the computer, but it's better they don't make you drive and find out for themselves, right?

I hope your herx won't last long.

Posts: 1436 | From Humboldt county ca usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh My,

This sounds absolutely awful for you! I am so sorry that you are feeling down and out. I remember those days too well.

Zith really did a number on me too. But, I was too stubborn to back off when needed. Please take it from me, if this gets much worse, please contact your doc and let him/her know what is going on, OK? You may need to cut back a bit if this doesn't remedy itself in a few days.

I know it is really difficult for independent minded ones to ask for help. I was that way too. But, what you have to remember is that the ones who love you REALLY do want to help you! It makes THEM feel better if they can do SOMETHING for you. Now is the time to look after yourself, including letting those who have offered share your burden, OK?

Are you drinking plenty of water with real lemon juice?
What about a hot soak in Epsom salts?

Hope you are feeling better real soon! Let us know if there is anything we can do.
Melanie

------------------
C O L O R A D O * S U P P O R T * S Y S T E M
[email protected]

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
achey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for achey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what does the lemon juice do?
drinking tons of water, so thirsty, lips dry, probably should be adding emergen-c and salt.
just ordered 50#sea salt to mix w/ espom in bath
maybe tomorrow

Posts: 663 | From NH USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fulfillment09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fulfillment09   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can relate to your situation because I experienced the same.

My family and friends didn't believe I was sick because I have no broken bones or anything visual. They told me not to be lazy and sleeping all the time.

I was very frustrated, sad, and feel so unloved so I stayed away from everyone. I was cast away from the civilization and dealt with my illness. After 2 years my family understood because my sister read an article about the illness. They are now very supportive and loving.

If you could have your family read some articles for them to understand, please, do it. Asking for help is not hard, my dear. Just do it for you and especially for your son. It worths it.

I also discovered I receive so much comfort during my difficult times is to pray or having a conversation with G-d. I actually felt better.

I hope you feel better soon. Take care. Many healing thoughts to you, Achey.

Posts: 149 | From Long Beach, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corestar
Member # 5980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corestar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Achey,

I so hear you...I feel like I'm falling off the end of the earth as well.

I'm on Mepron and Zith now and feel like I'm herxing every day. I cut the Zith back to 1/2 a pill a day. My body couldn't take a whole one, and I'm still a "herxing" fool!

We are all dealing with symptoms that cross all the body's functioning so we experience physical, mental, emotional, as well as neurological issues...ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

People and families see us and we look fine so they just don't get the suffering that goes on here.

Thank God we have this community to vent, get information, and help one another! I'm looking forward to finding myself again and I know it's going to take a much longer time than I thought. I'm glad for my good LLMD!

You take care, we're all thinking about you!

Ann

Posts: 46 | From Maryland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
achey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6284

Thank you all for your kind word and support!
Man does it help!

Well, things got worse...I ended up with hrs of paralysis yesterday and a trip to the ER. Turns out the die off was overloading my immune system.

LLMD said take a 2 day abx break. I deaccessed myself last night when it felt like the convulsions and paralysis was going to start up again..... I felt like I was allergic to the needle!

So, I have now had my first lesson in die off toxicity. I guess when the incredible aching in my legs starts again, and my shins and ankles start to itch, I'd beeter back off.

Fortunately have appt at LLMD's on Tuesday am. gonna work out a plan.

today is rest, hot bath, lots of green tea, and self appreciation.

And yes...I'm gonna have to ask for help to get through this health. That's the hardest part....makes me want to cry!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement