LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » + WB - Need meds recommendation for GP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: + WB - Need meds recommendation for GP
DJP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DJP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been a member of this site since my daughter was infected with Lyme last summer and have read most of the recommended newbie links and then some....

I recently tested positive on the WB and will post the result below.

I have an appt with a LLMD near the end of April, but can't get in contact with the actual Dr. to ask any questions. I know he is busy and travels a lot and it's not like we have a lot of choices.

Anyhow, I tested postive on bands 31 and 34 which apparently are autoimmune reactive so I'm worried about going without treatment until I see the LLMD.

I have and appt with my GP Monday am to ask her to do some additonal testing that my child's LLMD recommended (co-infections, HLDR4..). I would like to ask her to start me on antibiotics, problems is...I don't know what to ask for!

I read Burrascano's and it doesn't tell me or I'm just not understanding it. It tells all the options, but doesn't tell me which one.

I think I was bit in late April 2004 and I've just developed symptoms (joint/muscle pain, headaches, stiff neck, fatigue...).

Does anybody know what I should ask for?

IgG IgM
18 - 18 ++
22 - 22 -
23-25 - 23-25 +
28 - 28 ++
30 +/- 30 ++
31 - 31 +++
34 - 34 ++
37 - 37 -
39 +/- 39 +
41 +/- 41 +
45 - 45 +
58 +/- 58 ++
66 +/- 66 ++
73 - 73 -
83 - 83 -
93 - 93 +

Thanks

Posts: 441 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi DJP! Yes, I'd say you indeed have Lyme! Shoot! OK, so you need some advice on meds? Most folks start on doxy or tetracycline.

If you start on doxy, I'd ask for 400mg per day. 200mg twice a day. You would probably want to ramp up the dose. I wouldn't start with that much the first day.

Were you tested for babesia?

Let's get you well!

Western Blot explanation: http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/022767.html

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DJP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DJP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo,

Thanks for the response. I haven't been tested for co-infections yet, but will ask the GP on Monday to sign on that and the HLDR4... I have all the forms and kits ready to go.

Why specifically Babesia?

Should I ask for enough Doxy to make it until I see the LLMD?

When would I ramp it up and to what amount?

Thanks

Posts: 441 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say babesia because so many THINK they don't have it, go through years of treatment that "fails" THEN they find out they have had babesia all this time.

You can't get over Lyme if you have untreated babesia.

What I meant about ramping up was, don't begin with 200mg. Begin with 100mg for a day or two. Then 200mg for a day or so....watching for herxing the whole time.

Then ramp up to the 400mg total.

Yes, I would ask for enough to last through April. Hope this helps!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DJP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5893

Thanks Lymetoo,

Well now to complicate matters....

I was re-reading Dr. B's guidelines hoping something would sink in and I read that both Doxy and Tetracycline are for adults only.

I'm weaning my baby from breastfeeding (after speaking with Dr. J), so I'm not sure if those are the best options for me.

Do you or anyone else know about any of the other meds..say...Amoxicillin???

And let me just say this bites....dealing with my 3 year old and her Lyme, now me and testing the baby for Lyme and co-infections!!

Aaaagggghhhh, I better go to bed and get some sleep, I'm getting too stressed out...again...

Lymetoo
Member # 743

yeah, amoxicillin is fine. I don't know anything about dosages. Someone here will.

Hang in there, Mom!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

DJP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5893

Lymetoo,

Finally heard back from the LLMD today and he does think I should begin treatment.

He is willing to work with my GP to start or start it himself.

I'm waiting for insurance approval to see the LLMD, so hoping the GP will work with the LLMD and start me on meds. I see her in the morning.

So, some good news...relatively speaking...

Didn't get into details about the exact meds, will let the Dr's. discuss that. Will let you know what they decide.

Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement