LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What are you all on?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What are you all on?
Nal
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to be such a big pest here-I really am. But I would like to know:

What meds you are taking?
What do they meds fight (just Lyme or co-infections)
How long have you been on them?
Any side effects and if so did they eventually clear up for you??

I swear I am about to go out of my skin!! I get started on a med (like Levaquin). Then people say it's a dangerous drug. So now I start having a big flare up in symptoms and I don't know if its the lev, a big herx or the fact that I have combined Levaquin with Libraxx!! I can't take it anymore! My LLMD is out of town till Thursday. My anxiety is in a big flare up as well. I just want to cry.

Nancy

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liz28
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nal--

If you are just starting Lyme treatment, you will probably get a big flare up no matter what. Alas, there's no way around it.

Levaquin is a very strong drug, so you are diving right into the deep end of the pool. And it's difficult to advise you about the anxiety, because it could be both a herx symptom, or a side effect. But I do seem to recall reading about it as a bartonella drug, not a Lyme drug.

Which drugs have YOU been on, and for how long? Which infections are you treating? Are you taking an anti-inflammatory? With more info, it will be easier to respond to your question.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
burnbitter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for burnbitter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm taking a lot of things to make my day possible. Here's a list of everything.

AM

Adderall 10-15mg to wake me up so that I sleep at night
Amour thyroid 1gr (60mg)
Hydroxychlorquine 200mg 2xday 2/day 12 days on 2 off to help the zithromax penetration

PM

Zithromax 500mg 2/day 12 days on 2 off
singular 10mg
Atarax 25mg
xanax .5mg 2-3/day
soma 350mg 2/day
restoril 7.5 3-4/day

Chloestrymine 2xday
flonase as needed

weekly argentyn IV shot (80cc last week incresing 10cc week, this is pharmacutical grade hydrosol silver)

supplements

argentyn 23 (ag) 1tsp 3xday
garlic 700mg immune boost
zinc 30 2xday immune boost
Pro E 400IU
Pro EPA 3x1000mg

B complex plus 1/day
cal/mag/zinc 2/day

vital immune biotic 1-2xday
selenium 200 mcg 1-2xday
colostrum 450mg 2-2xday immune boost
Arabingalactian 1-2xday immune boost
Astragalus root 300mg 1-2xday immune boost
Ortho Digestive 1-2xday
Vit B6 250mg 1/day
vit D3 1000mg 1-2xday
Aller-c 3-3xday allergies
CoQ 1/day
BioResponse DIM 1/day for cancer prevention
Nttokenese 2-2xday for blood clotting
Ginko 1/day for circulation and blood clotting

Posts: 207 | From san francisco, ca | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lla2
Member # 2364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lla2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
adderal is a blood pressure med?
Posts: 4713 | From saunderstown, ri Usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started out taking zithromax with flagyl and mepron. My dr pulled me off the zithro last week because we weren't noticing a difference. He put me on Lev last Monday and I feel like I am going to die!! What scares me is that I don't know if its a bad herx or side effects of the med. I have had tendon/muscle problems all along but now they are really flared.

I am being treated for the Bart right now.

Nancy

[This message has been edited by Nal (edited 09 May 2005).]

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

does anyone know ifyou can take lev with mepron and flagyl? I swear I think i am on too much too soon.

Nancy

burnbitter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for burnbitter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lla2:
adderal is a blood pressure med?

Adderall XR is methamphetamines with extended release, and usually prescribed for ADHD. In my case it helps two fold. The biggest win is that because I'm awake, it makes me sleep at night. Secondly it helps with the fatigue and makes me functional at work.
It was the key to getting me past the hump of illness. Sleep it does the body good!

Posts: 207 | From san francisco, ca | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nal:
does anyone know ifyou can take lev with mepron and flagyl? I swear I think i am on too much too soon.

Nancy

You were taking all three?????

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

No, I was not taking the Lev with the mepron and flagyl-never heard from me dr if I could or not. I swear I can't wait tillhe gets back in town!

Nancy

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement