LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » First run AB on BABs - problems

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: First run AB on BABs - problems
johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnlyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I amd on lat day of 21 cycle of zith/malarone for BABs - the last four days heart rates are very irratic - one minute 70. nest 110 - nest 90 back to 80 - Waking up AM with 90 - get out of bed up 120. sweating chest on and off. Some good heart jumping going on. Hands sweting. Temps up in eve, hot high but 99.8 ish. Normally when I have gone for walks I bairly can get my heart rat up to 110. Last four day 140 - 150. My next LLMD appointment is 1 week away. Is it wise to stop meds when this is going on/ The last time I had these sysmptoms this bad was last summer.
Posts: 582 | From milwaukee wi | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bugabooboo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bugabooboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD would say yes. Stop the meds until the herx has subsided.

I say if you are having classic signs of a heart attack, ie: chest pain, referred pain in neck or down arms, a pressure on your chest, shortness of breath, sweats, jaw pain, tingling in arms, you need to seek medical attention IMMEDIATELY!

It is probably a herx. But you can't take it for granted.

Posts: 343 | From Northcentral Iowa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnlyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last time this occured I did go to er- they kind of blew me off - At that time my ekg was normal - I followed with a cardiolosit and they did an echo and they did not see any damage. It been a year now since - I keep hoping that damage has not occured since????? Yes I have the arm and shoulder issues - but so far that has been the lyme. Thanks
Posts: 582 | From milwaukee wi | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check with your LLMD this morning.
He's your best resource person for symptoms that you are having.

Hope everything settles down for you and you'll be able to continue treatment until your symptoms are gone.

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trailsgrl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7285

Icon 10 posted      Profile for trailsgrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey,
Classic symptoms of heart attack should be treated right away! I KNOW how they can blow you off, but better to be embarrassed and alive than plain old...well, you know.

It could be herx or it could be heart problems or it COULD be a herx CAUSING heart problems. Any chance you can go to urgent care instead of ER and get an EKG there with less people too be pissed off that you are actually concerned about typical heart attack symptoms?

I also ditto above....call your doc to find out what to do about symptoms and stopping meds.

Please keep us informed!
It seems to me that babs treatemnt is rougher than lyme so far!
Trails

Posts: 196 | From Mesilla, NM USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

this has been so darn weird - I had been taking mg the last week and found out that the one I am taking is one of the least of the best - So I started getting some Calcium that has aspartate and gycinate in it - Took couple with suppers and put it in my AM and Noon run of vitamins - By 2pm my heart started to relax. rates down now. I also went out and purchased some of the recommened mg that has been posted the last couple of days on lymenet. I could only find one that had amino acid chelete, malate, citrate and one that is a powder that turns into carbonate. I am going to move these into my regeme Either the herx stoped or I have a big mg issue
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by johnlyme1:
Either the herx stoped or I have a big mg issue

If you stopped your abx, you probably have a little bit of both going on. Mg really does help the heart, though. Most of us are mg deficient.

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement