LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Viewing spirochetes in live blood... video clips

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Viewing spirochetes in live blood... video clips
James H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6380

Icon 3 posted      Profile for James H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There seems to be a prevailing belief that spirochetes of the variety that concerns us are rare, elusive creatures that are nearly impossible to find in live blood. It is assumed to be beyond the grasp of the common man not possessing millions of dollars of specialized lab equipment.

These are myths! Those of us that are sick with this stuff are in fact downright septic. It is a bacteremia, and at times our blood might be literaly SWARMING with them. The mystery is really 'why we aren't dead yet', not 'why we are sick'.

Here are a couple of videos of live blood by a MD's researching Borrelia in Europe, from this site:
http://lymerick.ulmarweb.dk/

Here are their video clips showing what you or I can see with properly equipped but not necessarily exhorbitantly priced microscopes.

(Note the files are very big if you have a slow connection.)

Andy Wright, MD, UK, 2004 (52mb!) http://lymerick.ulmarweb.dk/video/AndyWright2004-640.wmv

Marie Kroun, MD, Denmark
`moving granulated cellular structure' (18mb) http://lymerick.ulmarweb.dk/York2003/0018-GCS2.wmv

I have a couple of older research grade microscopes that did not cost alot of money. One has 'Darkfield', the other has 'Dark Phase Contrast', and on the highest power objectives. (100x oil immersion.) They produce images just like the ones in the videos.

The widely held belief about their rarity and invisibility is just not true.

You can see them, you can watch them in the live state interacting with live cells, and you can see what effect a treatment is having on them.

I think we would be much closer to a cure if more people were LOOKING instead of just guessing.

Posts: 714 | From San Antonio TX | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slow is right and i have T1 line it must be there site.
Nice sofar though

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The site probably can't handle very many people trying to view large files at once. Just bookmark the main site and try later if it times out.

You also might want to right click the links and save the files to disk so as to only have to do the download once.

Posts: 714 | From San Antonio TX | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James...do you have a dog whistle or can you borrow one? Out of curiosity...will you, when you are observing the keets, blow on that whistle (very high pitch) and see how the keets react?

And in about 12 hours...how do YOU feel?

I am really wondering how the keets react to various pitches, if they do.

Just very curious. I LOVED microbiology class many moons ago!

I'm going to have to try later too...slow downloading with a new computer and high speed internet access.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have anything like that here.

In general, they do not seem to react to very many things that could be safely applied to a human body, including most of the antibiotics we take.

Right now, I am focusing on the task of making a living, an important task at the moment. Later, when I have a break for a few days I will try some things.

[This message has been edited by James H (edited 14 July 2005).]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement