LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » blood sugar levels rising

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: blood sugar levels rising
johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnlyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Full co-infections Babs and myco the worse right now - anyone start to have issues with blood sugar levels rising? On last visit t LLMD I asked him if he thinks that I might be developing diabetus - he does not think so but on the next lab run we will look closer - I swear I feel like i am becoimg diabetic - anyone else have some experience on this, what kind of sympotms?
Posts: 582 | From milwaukee wi | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually had the opposite. My LLMD told me I'm becoming slightly hypoglycemic since starting treatment. I need to eat every 2-3 hours or I start feeling weak and unfocused.

Why do you think you are developing diabetes? What are the symptoms?

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a A1C blood test done to check for the 3 month blood sugar content.

What are the symptoms of diabetes?
People who think they might have diabetes must visit a physician for diagnosis. They might have SOME or NONE of the following symptoms:

Frequent urination
Excessive thirst
Unexplained weight loss
Extreme hunger
Sudden vision changes
Tingling or numbness in hands or feet
Feeling very tired much of the time
Very dry skin
Sores that are slow to heal
More infections than usual.
Nausea, vomiting, or stomach pains may accompany some of these symptoms in the abrupt onset of insulin-dependent diabetes, now called type 1 diabetes.

bettyg, Iowa

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnlyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks - my doc is planing to do the blood test - I have one of those blood suger test kits and my level was 140 this am while fasting - felt really out of it - got some excersie and by noo at 68 - then at 6pm 100 - I do have some of the symptoms listed -
Posts: 582 | From milwaukee wi | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Informed doctors know that hypoglycemia is really very early stage diabetes. You are still producing insulin, but the body is not using it correctly. Lots of info on Syndrome X or metabolic syndrome or insulin resistance -- goes by all these names.

Some antibiotics do stress the pancreas -- hubby had elevated pancreatic enzymes (lipase and I forget how to spell the other one with an a) at one point in time.

Hypoglycemia can also be caused by adrenal fatigue and any illness can cause this.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bb is "PFK dependent". We KNOW this from genetic research.

This enzyme (PFK) is "rate limiting" for glycolysis - using sugar, not oxygen, for energy.

This bug prefers sugar to oxygen...our supply.

Into a search engine type in: "Magnesium deficiency diabetes". There are over 2000 websites explaining the impact of low Mg and the development of diabetes.

Mg is supposed to control the enzyme, PFK.

Mg levels DIVE very fast in this disease for multiple reasons as our own bodies try to fight.

Mg is needed to make ATP.
Mg is needed to control over 350 enzymes.
Mg is needed to make all proteins (included are hormones and enzymes). Immunoglobulins (antibodies) need adequate Mg and Ca.
Mg is capable of stimulating DNA REPAIR. (That blew me away.)

This is all documented in a website for doctors explaining the functions of Mg. I have linked that website in my Updated Nutshell post (it starts with mdschoice...)

Mg dives early on in this disease: to make HEALTHY antibodies. Mg dives to try to regain control of PFK. Mg dives to try to inactivate an enzyme that puts the brakes on the cholesterol pathway. Mg dives to make ATP. Mg dives to supply one (of several) nutrients needed to make the neurotransmitters which take a hit...

P.S. Our own sugar levels normally RISE when we are healing. Our WBCs NEED glycogen. After surgeries, it is not unusual to see the blood sugar levels rise for a few months. Doctors sometimes panic too fast, IMO. Your level is high in the am, but drops to below normal later. When it REMAINS high...then there's a problem. The cells producing insulin become "exhausted". Normal blood sugar levels (fasting) were once suggested to be 120/below. Now they like to see it lower. Well...

[This message has been edited by Marnie (edited 11 August 2005).]

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement