LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Heavy-Metal Testing...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Heavy-Metal Testing...
Reno'sBack
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7367

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Reno'sBack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read Trout's post last night...CONGRATULATIONS, TROUT!! [Big Grin] I was taking it easy after getting 26 vials of blood & an EKG for LLMD!

i read Gigi, Bryan, & Trout's post in AMAZEMENT! [Eek!]

Years ago, I tested POSITIVE for Cadmium, 2,4D, a Lawn Chemical, etc in Reno. I received 6 weeks of (what i assume) was I.V. Chelation.

I SURRENDER...I NEED TESTED! [bonk] [bow] Thanks A Million!

Gigi, you warned me; I was WRONG!
~Reno [woohoo]

--------------------
~Life's too short, eat dessert first

Posts: 134 | From PA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reno'sBack
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7367

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reno'sBack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up [confused]

--------------------

Posts: 134 | From PA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Reno, usually, where there is one metal, there are more. Some of them show up earlier than others. Mercury is usually the last.

Find a doctor who knows how to find it and how to treat it. Depending on what is in your mouth and teeth - will determine which steps to take.

If you have amalgam fillings, you need to address that. You have been sick for so many years that, as I expressed years ago, I have no doubt that you have some problems that you just have never addressed. If you want to get well, that's really step number one.

Maybe a challenge test will give you some indication if you have a metals problem. Often it is inconclusive as Lyme tests are because the body's mineral balance is out of sync and because of other problems the body does not release them. Often a doctor can interpret the mineral test results that come along with the metals test whether you look like a metal toxic person. The mineral test is a good indication to a doctor who has experience. Of course, ART testing or other energy testing can help you there. The only muscle test or energy testing that will tell you if you carry toxic metals, which ones, and where in the body they are located is by ART. Most other tests may tell you that you have some and what they are, but they cannot tell you in which body compartment.

Where they are located is important because it requires different approaches to mobilize them in different body compartments, brain, brain stem, etc. Maybe you can find someone that has the experience.

You can do a hair analysis that costs very little. It may show metals and it may not. It means nothing certain either way. The heavy metals only get into the hair via the blood if the body is releasing them. Normally they do not "live" in the blood, but are just on their way out. If you get some results in the hair analysis, it means that you are releasing some, but it does not tell you how much is left and where they are. So treating them on that basis is a guessing game. Only certain agents are effective in mobilizing them. A doctor could put you on a mild program for six weeks and you take the hair test again. If you start showing more, you know you are on a good program and can continue.

All of that only if you have no fillings left.

One thing you can do if you suspect some metals are sitting somewhere, take chlorella. I have posted a lot of chlorella information. It is not a detox agent, but it will catch some that are in the gut area and move them out of the system, rather than having them recirculate through the system and resettling elsewhere again.

I don't recall what your general dental condition is. It's very important to check that out. I think you talked about Dr. H. before??

The chemical detox is not that hard. I did a 48day chemical detox that worked well. The most recent problem appearing in almost all patients is plastics - toxins that are very damaging and becoming more and more prominent. Watch out for the plastic water bottles - and plastic wrapper materials. There is a protocol for removing them that is not very complicated. The presence of plastics in the body is also determined with ART.
Literally, every patient has to be treated for that.

Hope you find a doctor. Metal detox is not a do- it-yourself job. In fact, it is dangerous and you can do damage that you really don't need.
Do not follow protocols that are in books or advertised by some over the internet. You can really get hurt and you have been hurting way too long already.

Take care.

P.S. You should not go on a metal detox program as long as you have amalgam fillings in your mouth or amalgams under crowns. A bit of chlorella is okay to remove some that are in extracellular spaces. But the main criteria is to get it out of the brain and out of intracellular spaces. It's tricky, but do-able, and it takes a long time; i.e. it takes 1-2-3 years depending. All aspects of healing have to be addressed, including the emotional baggage that many of us carry around.

It's late and I am ready for bed - so if I was not clear, please let me know. How is Gramps?

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill ATL
Member # 7817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill ATL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All...

I just requested to be tested for heavy metals as well...its a 24hr urine test...are those reliable? It's my LLMD that ordered it for me, so I'm guessing it'll be a dependable method...please share any thoughts on this type.

Also...about 6 months ago I did a hair sample test. All was normal accept a high/elevated level of Antimony. I didn't really do anything about it at that time.

Anyone have experience with a high Antimony reading?

Thx! Bill

--------------------
Bill

**Question everything...it may save your life!!!**

Posts: 80 | From ATLantic Seaboard | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mtnwoman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtnwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill, a 24 hour urine test without a "provocation" or "challege" with a chelator such as DMSA or DMPS is pretty much useless. Usu. the collection is 12 hours or less.

The metals are not just floating around in our blood and urine --they are rooted deep in our tissues --that's why they are so toxic.

Posts: 211 | From NC | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reno'sBack
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7367

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Reno'sBack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh' GiGi, You're a Fountain of Knowledge! [Big Grin]

Seriously, I had my teeth done over a decade ago. I had 6 cavities & I have NO crowns, bridges, etc., etc...NO other dental work of any kind.

Would Dr.K consider taking me on as a patient across the miles? Rich & I were talking today...we've tried absolutely EVERYTHING for (him) 15 years...even Brazil...with NO onging success! [bonk] We NEVER did the METALS, though. He had his teeth done 18 years ago.

I'm SO Happy to hear about Hubby! [Cool] Dr.K knows his stuff. Please tell Jack that Gramps & I said "Hello"...He just asked me about you! Gramps turns 81 on Dec. 20...he's going to Tucson this Winter.

I hope Dr.K will pull me over the hump. I'd love to come to the Westcoast...you'd never guess!

Oh' Sorry, I didn't explain...Alt.Dr.s here on the Eastcoast is like finding a needle in a haystack!
Hugs~Reno
MERRY CHRISTMAS!! [group hug]

--------------------

GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reno, look up NIHADC.com - there is one good doctor MD there that does ART, and it's a lot closer to you.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duke77
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duke77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHere can I find info on the location of biological dentists in Atlanta? Is there an NIHADC dentist in the Atlanta area? Do all of the dentists remove the fillings and then detox?
Posts: 649 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reno'sBack
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7367

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Reno'sBack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi GiGi, Thank-You! Thank-You! Thank-You! [Big Grin]

This is PERFECT!!! I made phone- calls with NO success here on Eastcoast! [bonk]

I need to get rid of metals & I have TONS of Food Allergies! DC is only 2 hr.s from Harrisburg, PA! [Big Grin]
Hugs~Reno

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement