LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » BobDavis, the picture you posted is what hubby & I see in our eyes!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BobDavis, the picture you posted is what hubby & I see in our eyes!
tempe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tempe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you learned yet what this "unknown creature" is?

May 31,2003, my husband and I worked in the yard. He came down with a 3-day "virus," and afterward began to complain of a gritty feeling, floaters, dryness and clouds in his eyes.

Two days later, we thought I must have caught his "virus." My flu-like symptoms resolved in about 5 days, but afterward I had pressure in my head & right eye, which developed over time into tremors & twitches in my right eye, as well as the gritty feeling & floaters.

My LLMD & the neurologist I've seen at Columbia University connect floaters with Lyme Disease. Yet, I've always known that these were too large to be spirochete bacteria, and don't look just like spirochetes. They are no wider than the circumfrence of a red blood cell, but are much longer.

I've looked all over the internet for pictures of brucella or bartonella or other bacteria that would match what we see in our eyes, and never found one until I ran across your website yesterday.

Finding your picture gives me real hope. If we take that to different researchers, maybe one can identify it. We also plan to buy our a microscope, so we can show this is in our blood, since ducs dismiss what we see in our eyes.
I imagine you tried this though -- what answers did they give?

A 2nd question for you, bobdavis. I have the 2004 version of Robb's magpulser, and want to upgrade. Of the magpulers & rife machines generally available for purchase. (we don't have your electronic genuis & can't build our own), which do you recommend?

Thank you, bobdavis!

Posts: 172 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda LD
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda LD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
will you post the URL?

L

Posts: 1171 | From Knoxville, TN US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I am interested in seeing what you are referring to in terms of eye bacteria as well. Thanks Please post the URL.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Bob Davis Web Page

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that lyme and viruses do attack the eye including the vitreous membrane and what you are seeing is pieces of vitreous membrane not bugs.
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tempe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tempe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oxygenbabe:
I think that lyme and viruses do attack the eye including the vitreous membrane and what you are seeing is pieces of vitreous membrane not bugs.

Bob Davis' website explains that he found this "unknown creature" in his blood, among red blood cells.

I had been told by ducs that this was pieces of vitreous membrane. But, why then do they look exactly the same as what Bob Davis has found under microscope in his blood and urine?

Posts: 172 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe some folks have nematodes--burgdorferi found filarial worms in the tickgut when he identified borrelia.

But I don't think those are in your eyes [Smile] . Honestly, vitreous membrane can be dots, or squiggles, etc. It can come from free radical damage from infection imo. Thats just my 1 1/2 cents.

Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't forget floaters, folks [Wink]
Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bobdavis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bobdavis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not know this was here on lymenet, maybe I should check in more often? Maybe I am too busy studying nuclear fusion.

After treatement with up to six antibiotics at a time for about a year and a half, followed by using a "Doug coil" a "super thumper" and an ozone maker, my eyesight has improved from -4.00 (on the verge of blindness) to -2.75 (The eye doctor is starting to wonder...).

Now I have added "Detox foot pads" to the things I am using. My health has improved far beyond anything I would have imagined 5 years ago. I was fairly sure I was dying back then.

Anyway back to the subject....

I was reading a report from India recently. They reported that Americans who were tested for worms upon arrival discovered they already have them. The worms we have are much smaller than the normal ones.

The report went on to say that the methods we use to test for worms, usually looking for eggs in the BM, is almost worthless. I guess that makes it about as effective as the Lyme test.

As you might already know some types of worms attack the eyes. Studies on ticks have reported that they also carry small worms. I think they are called Nematodes.

Posts: 499 | From Western NY | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all

Most Likely what you are
seeing are floaters-
Very Common with lyme-

The blood vessels in your
eyes are Huge compaired
to size of bactira--
it would take Many thousands
of bactira stuck together
to be visaiable in your eye-

But if what you are seeing are
not floaters - it might be
something like a parisite
of some type--

I have heard there is some
type of worm that effects
cattle and maybe humans--
(white fly?-africa-)
that are visable-
but I do not know if this is true

When I first got floaters
they seamed to move more--
but it might be I noticed
them more--
I thought it was something
swimming in my eyes too-

At first I had about 5 in
each eye-then 10 each eye-
It was hard to read ect-

After about 15 months of
doxicyline they went away-
-completely-

I stoped taking doxi about
1 month ago and 3 floaters
have appered in one eye--
So I think the doxi has something
to do with the floaters
going away and staying gone--

--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never heard of H Pylori being classified as a spirochete. Are you suggesting from your site that it is possible H Pylori could be a cause of a positive 41 band?

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, maybe I'm remembering wrong.....but isn't H Pylori the same bacteria that is often common/or found in bleeding ulcers?

Thanks.

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bobdavis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bobdavis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes H-pylori is a spirochete! Yes it causes ulcers!

H-pylori and Syphillis are other common spirochetes and some tests cross react. I tested off the charts for H-pylori, but did not have an ulcer. Then another test said I never had H-pylori! I have never tested positive for lyme disease.

Posts: 499 | From Western NY | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welcome
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for welcome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bobdavis:
Yes H-pylori is a spirochete! Yes it causes ulcers!

H-pylori and Syphillis are other common spirochetes and some tests cross react. I tested off the charts for H-pylori, but did not have an ulcer. Then another test said I never had H-pylori! I have never tested positive for lyme disease.

Now this is v-e-r-y interesting.................
Posts: 294 | From nevada | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SForsgren:
I have never heard of H Pylori being classified as a spirochete. Are you suggesting from your site that it is possible H Pylori could be a cause of a positive 41 band?

I never heard that either. Theres a differance between the two.

Most of the bacterial pathogens of humans are classified as Gram-positive or Gram-negative, some notable exceptions being the mycoplasmas, chlamydiae, spirochetes and the mycobacteria. In this article the major pathogens of humans are organized into natural groups based on bacteriological criteria, rather than on the basis of affected organ, mode of transmission, or type of disease. This goes with being written by a bacteriologist.

Spirochetes

The spirochetes are a phylogenetically distinct group of bacteria which have a unique cell morphology and mode of motility. Spirochetes are very thin, flexible, spiral-shaped procaryotes that move by means of structures called axial filaments or endoflagella. The flagellar filaments are contained within a sheath between the cell wall peptidoglycan and an outer membrane. The filaments flex or rotate within their sheath which causes the cells to bend, flex and rotate during movement. Most spirochetes are free living (in muds and sediments), or live in associations with animals (e.g. in the oral cavity or GI tract). A few are pathogens of animals Treponema pallidum is the agent of syphilis, a sexually transmitted disease, and Borrelia burgdorferi causes Lyme Disease. which is transmitted by the bite of the deer tick.

Spirochetes: A. Cross section of a spirochete showing the location of Similarities{{{endoflagella}}} between the inner membrane and outer sheath; B. Borrelia burgdorferi, the agent of Lyme disease; C. Treponema pallidum, the spirochete that causes syphilis.

Spirilla and other curved bacteria
Spirilla are Gram-negative bacteria with a helical or spiral shape. Their metabolism is respiratory and never fermentative. Unlike spirochetes, they have a {{{rigid cell}}} wall and are motile by means of ordinary polar flagella.{{{{Thats there similarities}}} Two important pathogens of humans are found among the spiral forms. Campylobacter jejuni is the cause of bacterial diarrhea, especially in children. The bacterium is transmitted via contaminated food, usually undercooked poultry or shellfish, or untreated drinking water. Helicobacter pylori is able to colonize the gastric mucosal cells of humans, i.e., the lining of the stomach, and it has been well established as the cause of peptic ulcers and there is strong evidence for its involvement in adenocarcinoma.

Spirochaet's
 -

Helicobacter pylori
 -

All from here.
Textbookofbacteriology

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bobdavis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 510

I guess I am a little out of date. I only found a couple of sites that still call H-pylori a spirochete. A more correct definition is;

"Helicobacter pylori is a gram-negative, highly motile, microaerophilic bacterium. It is approximately 3.5 um long, curved spirochete-like and has four to seven unipolar flagella. "

I do not know if the flagella is made of the same substance as the ones on spirochetes.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement