LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Another question for ladies only

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another question for ladies only
LC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7070

Icon 5 posted      Profile for LC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok this one is really weird.

I am not sure of the correct anatomical term. The muscle right below the vagina (but in front of anal area) is twitching- non-stop and really annoying.

It started about 6 weeks ago, then stopped. It started again about 3 weeks ago. Some days it is so bad and distracting, especially while trying to work or go to sleep.

One day I had to take xanax to try to quell it. I have twitching in many places, which vary in frequency and intensity. But this one is new!

The only change to my protocol has been adding Bicillin in October, and switching from Ketek back to Zith about a month ago.

Anyone else have this? What does it mean?
LC

Posts: 116 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello, i feel your pain. I dont have the twitching...but have horrible aching down in that area....it feels like the muscles are stretched.

Im sure others have had what you describe, so hang in there. Maybe a warm epsom salt bath would help?

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millymollymandy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for millymollymandy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get all sorts of muscle pains 'down there'. I hope that lots of women will respond to this thread- I'm sure that it is one of those symptoms that no one dare talk about.

The symptoms that I get, that I think are of a muscular nature are; levetor ani syndrome - this is literally a sharp pain in your bottom. I get this particularly at certain times in the month and it will come on so suddenly that it takes my breath away!

The other one- and I have not mentioned this to anyone because it is rather embaressing- but hey we're all in the same boat here-; I get an incredibly sharp pain inside if I get - eh hum, shall we say 'aroused'... this doesn't happen all the time (the pain that is!), I have noticed that when I took Black Cohosh this seemed to get slightly better so I am sure that it is yet another hormonal issue. Very odd..

Posts: 229 | From United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am thinking it is hormonal too.

My last two periods have been different, worse PMS (two weeks of sore breasts), increased cramps, and heavier flow.

Someone on another thread said that as we get better (and I think I slowly am with the addition of bicillin) that our hormones re-adjust.

So maybe it's a good sign?? MMM haven't you recently started IM Bicillin if memory serves me?

Posts: 116 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millymollymandy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for millymollymandy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi again,
I started Ceftin (Cefaclor) a couple of months ago. I was taking Zithro for a short time and definately noticed changes to periods during that time.

I had all the same pains for years before I was actually diagnosed with Lyme.

Posts: 229 | From United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know you said ladies but try B complex vitamins & magnesium.

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tree- thanks for the suggestion.

I did recently stop B-complex in exchange for b6 only.

Maybe I should go back.

I do take 200 mg mag capsules 2x/ day and 2 tsp. nat. calm at night.

kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are trigger points all over our body including the area that you describe. See if your local library has the book: The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook. It describes where these are and what to do about them.

You can read about the book on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/b8fej

Karen

Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nancyf723
Member # 7505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nancyf723     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can relate to the muscle twitching, I haven't experienced it in that particular area of my body, but it seems every other muscle is affected. I have had hormonal issues all along, but my gyn seems to be supportive. My lyme symptoms were keeping me awake and the hot flashes were too. So my gyn gave me an estrogen patch. I would prefer not to ue any HRT, but first I have to get the lyme under control and then address the other issues.
Posts: 69 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My elbow and fingers like to twitch.

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many Lymies have reported these weird aborations. Some male Lymies have reorted twitches in their privates, too. [Wink]

I can feel my heartbeat pulse in various parts of my body.

Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...............

No pain in my privates! [Smile]

I hear different things about B vit's, maybe not taking any Vit's for awhile, see how you feel, then try with Vit's, see how you feel..

Anyway, no fooling around! Be careful!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I Have Lyme Etc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I Have Lyme Etc   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I just had to respond to this.. I used to get this ALL the time and now it comes and goes.. The only way I could explaine it is it feels like I have a tuning fork in my body but it originates from the area you said and it's REALLY REALLY annoyng and bothersom when it happens.. Sometimes I will have it non stop for months then it will just disappear then it will come back again...You're not alone

--------------------
 -
My Blog--
http://learnaboutlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Posts: 209 | From South Carolina by the beach | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like spasm of the colon to me. That's where the pain starts.

--------------------
HEATHER

-

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually sounds more like the sphincter muscle to me. Can you pretend you are going to the bathroom, 1 or 2 and TRY to stop. Does that make any difference?
When I had my anus removed, it of course damaged the sphinctor (sp?) muscle, and in males that works both the penis AND the anus, and is very important to both. In females in works the anus and vagina muscle control.

Sounds more like THAT to me.
Jim

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement