LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » biofeedback tests

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: biofeedback tests
johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnlyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All,

I thought I would put something out here that might be interesting to all. A couple of weeks ago my LLMD suggested we get my teeth scaned by a holistic dentist, just to make sure I did not have any pocket under the teeth where the bugs could be hanging out. This ultrasound scaner was connected to a bio-feed computer. Teeth are fine, BUT they aslo tested for reactivity against the immune system for lyme and all the co-infections. Well, on a 1 to 10 scale, 1 being low, my infections were all in the 6, 7 and 8 range. The kicker is that my last test run for the co-infections was neg. We all know that blood test measure antibodies that the immune system is creating. They have gone stelth. But I think the bio-feed results are very interesting in that it offers another way to see what is hitting the immune system. My LLMD is working with me and the dentist to see how we can use this feedback to see what the body needs to hit each of the infections in a more dynamic way. I thought I would just put this out there to see if anyone else has come accros this.

Posts: 582 | From milwaukee wi | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi John,

It could be that they were using a QXCI/SCIO biofeedback device. I know that it has a panel to do lots of dental stuff, including the scan that you mentioned. Very cool!

I'm a certified biofeedback technician and did a bunch of training on that machine, although I haven't yet gotten a chance to work with the dental panel. But I am constantly amazed at what the machine picks up on. It picked up on my lyme too.

Was the machine just used for diagnostic or did they also use it to run therapies?

Alison

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnlyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one was a the big one, it can run almost anything it seems. We are gong to run a bunch of different therapies to see which would be the best right now. We also are gong to test everything that I have been taking to see what is really doing anything. The think that also excites me is that we are testing which ABX will kill off the bugs the best
Posts: 582 | From milwaukee wi | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you provide specifics on what device they are using? Was it the CoRe system? Thanks

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John,
If you have co-infections, that may explain why you've been so sick.
Having co-infections seems to make people worse.

Hey, will you be well enough to pop in for the Lyme Chat?

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

I will find out the specs on the machine next week and let you all know - They are going to do a full rundown on me with all the possible responces for the best treatments - I will let you know what they find.

quote:
Originally posted by SForsgren:
Can you provide specifics on what device they are using? Was it the CoRe system? Thanks

NP40
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kicking this up. Basically, what's being stated here is that lyme, babs, bart, etc. can be diagnosed on a bio-feedback machine ?

Where's our bio experts ? Can anyone elaborate on this ? Anyone besides John have experience with this ?

Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It definitely can be diagnosed with biofeedback / EDS / Vega / Voll, etc. devices. That is how I was diagnosed after eight years and 45 doctors and then sent back to the MD to run the tests from the biofeedback testing device and they were all amazed.... So yes, it happens and in fact, more specifically than blood tests. In other words, you can test energetically for strains of borrelia, ehrlichia, babesia, etc. that they don't even run/have tests for.... It is a very exciting field.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where can you have this test done? Im not familar.
thanks

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Many BioSet practitioners can do it but you'd have to call to be sure. Look at the Bioset site and they have some practitioners listed. I have found them to be hit and miss but the one I got is incredible. Some Bioset links including Dr. Ellen Cutler's site (she started it) are at:

http://www.betterhealthguy.com/index.php?option=com_bookmarks&Itemid=46&mode=0&catid=12&navstart=0&search=*

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought biofeedback was used to help you learn how to destress. Am I wrong about that?

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

update for everyone.
I had a full deep run down on all my body systems against all of the infections. It was stagering the information that came out of this. For me right now the biggest issues is to get the detox mechanism working, liver, lymph, intestional colan. Maro intestional cleanse, some buch of hurb and a charcol like substance that would such out all the built up poision. They my liver will be able to dump out what is not flowing out. Lymph drainage support was also big

They found about 5 other infections besides what we see with lyme. We also were able to see which abx would be the most effective for me. We found that in my case the liver was getting hit directly by the infections but that abx stress was not that bad. We also tested every suppliment that I was using, we tossed out those that really are not doing that much. The list went on and on. amazing is all I can say.

5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I whish I could believe this,I really do.My life could be so much better off.

If this is so accurate why aren't most of the LLD's using it?.I have a hard time believing a machine could tell you how many co-infections you have,what are the right abx to use and what are the right suppluments to use.Actually I have an easier time believing the last.

I am not poo pooing your finding at all it just I wish there was more scientific research on this one.

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

John,

You were going to get the name of the device. Is it IQS, QXCI, Core?

Thanks

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

The tech who uses this machine has been doing this for a long time and he has refined his protocal. Remember any tool is only as good as the one using it. A simple example - I was on amox for about 6 weeks, and really questioned if it was actually doing anything. I was back slidding. through the testing, it did not get a high response as an effective abx. inuitively I had already thought this.
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do I find a biofeedback technician?

--------------------

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can only speak for the biofeedback machine I'm familiar with, which is the QXCI.

Basically what it does is scan your entire body and see what you react to. But it's tricky - by "react" that can mean just about anything, and not neccesarily that you are infected with what it says. Sometimes "react" just means exposure. It is an incrediblyt sensitive machine.

So whoever said that the machines are only as good as the people who use them is right. It takes a lot of practice and discernment to be able to differentiate.

For example, when I scanned myself, I came up as reacting to many pathogens including Anthrax, swine flu, and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and others. Obviously I am not infected with anthrax. So it's tricky.

But...it did come up very reactive with 3 different types of lyme so that was where I got the feeling that I may want to pursue getting diagnosed.

But also, you can get different readings on different days. Even from minute to minute. So I think of the QXCI as an adjunct to testing and clinical exams, etc. Also, QXCI sessions are expensive, and in my mind the practitioner would need several hours/sessions to develop a good picture of what's going on with any sort of specificity.

Alison

Alison

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

I agree with Alison 100%. I have used similar devices and have found the information to be highly valuable.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

Allison als make some good points. My first session was 3 hours and ly 2nd was 2 hours. They were two weeks apart. The 2 session was a confermation of what we found the first time and then a dive deeper. This tech crossed over multiple systems many times to really get a clear picture. He was very good in the way he has learned to refine his process of looking at all the readings. But it was sure funny on some of this testing- it was like a no brainer at times with how the signal were off scale in regards to checking of the infestions were hitting organ systems. For me 95% of my issues are infections, the nest was toxins not leaving the body, next was yeast fungus, 60% was heavy metal issues.
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Can anyone tell me how you found your biofeedback technician?

--------------------

johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

You might try looking at holistic dentists - Find out if they are using the "Cavitat ultrasonograph" And then ask about the tech who is using it.

quote:
Originally posted by luvs2ride:
Can anyone tell me how you found your biofeedback technician?

luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Thanks, johnlyme1

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement