LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Up all night

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Up all night
AP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8430

Icon 13 posted      Profile for AP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sucks... I feel really wierd when I lay down. I can't quite describe the feeling but my head and chest do not feel normal when I am horizontal. I'm just gonna stay awake forever. I'm tired of trying to sleep everynight... Stupid disease, just GO AWAY! [cussing]

[ 21. February 2006, 03:58 AM: Message edited by: AP ]

--------------------
Sometimes when I say �Oh, I�m fine� I want someone to look me in the eyes & say �tell the truth�

Myspace: http://tinyurl.com/5p64ed

Posts: 644 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like I'll be keeping you company for a while AP.

Hey, I got 2 hours and woke in a sweat, fun, fun, fun.

The sleep disturbances have always been my worst symptom, they were also one of the earliest. I hate them almost all meds work reverse and make me more awake. (Zanac kept me awake for 2 nights once, for goodness sake, it's for stomach acid.)

I know whine, whine, whine, sorry. The neurontin and xanax was sort of working for a while. I only had 5 hours last night and now 2. *pouts somemore*

So what do you want to do now? [Big Grin]

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... Let's see. I'm game for just about anything. I've already cleared the DVR, done my taxes, did more paperwork to send off to the stupid OWCP (so they can hopeefully start paying me), filled out a couple insurance forms, and finished hte laundry. This is the most I've accomplished in a long time.

Oh yeah, I potted some plants out on our patio... I'm sure our neighbors (the ones that were up at 3AM) got a kick out of seeing the crazy girl out with a bag of soil and a shovel at an ungodly hour... I'm positive they are plotting to lock me up. I have full conversations with my dog (and everyone elses).

--------------------
Sometimes when I say �Oh, I�m fine� I want someone to look me in the eyes & say �tell the truth�

Posts: 644 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... I do need to repot my african violet but a trip to the 24 hour Walmart doesn't seem that appealing at the moment.

Unless you want to meet and race those electric carts. I've always wanted to go in the middle of the night and do that. [Big Grin]

I'm still hoping I get tired enough to fall back to sleep, may try reading or doing a puzzle.

I'm yawning my head off and I may need this head yet. [bonk]

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HaplyCarlessdave
Member # 413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been up, too, working on my program. I will post what I think it will be in "off topic" shortly...
When I was really sick with lyme I needed WAY more sleep than usual. But yes, sometimes that needed sleep was hard to get when I wanted to get it!
One thing that did the trick was 'Yogi Tea''s "Bedtime Tea". It is quite amazing, for my insomnia. I don't have sample to relay what's in it now (as you can see, I'm out of it.... [Wink] ...)
Best wishes that you catch some "z's" soon!
DaveS

Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HaplyCarlessdave
Member # 413

Icon 6 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HaplyCarlessdave:
(as you can see, I'm out of it.... [Wink] ...)

---out of "bedtime tea, that is... ....
DS!

Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Morning AP & TB,

Welcome to MY world of sleepless nights.
Dr. told me NOT to take sleeping pill, ambien, nightly as it's ADDITIVE! Think I'll start gettng addicted to it.

I have sleep apnea, stopping breathing while sleeping. Have you 2 been tested for this?

I have cpap machine, but my nose stuffs up nightly ad I can't breath so machine doesn't help me. nor did I get any rejuvenating or healing body injury delta 4 sleep. It showed both nights I get ZERO delta 4...so no wonder my body can't heal esp from this body-robbing disease!

Hey, Dave, please remember to hit ENTER for shorter paragraphs of 6-8 lines of text for us neuro lymies. Glad you're getting some work done too.

Reading & especially this board makes me tired, then I can sleep. 3 hrs. max is all I can get with pee trips galore. Later folks.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd rather be addicted to ambien than the only one at Kinkos at 4AM and first in line at Krispy Kreme... Though the steaming box of donuts will make the boyfriend happy. (But so will the fresh coat of paint on the gate that I did a few minutes ago).

I am wired. I don't think I have had this much energy for a long time. I'm thinking about making an appearance at the gym, but the box of Krispy Kremes is staring me down.

--------------------

irongoat19482
Member # 7780

Icon 6 posted      Profile for irongoat19482     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AP:
I'd rather be addicted to ambien than the only one at Kinkos at 4AM and first in line at Krispy Kreme... Though the steaming box of donuts will make the boyfriend happy. (But so will the fresh coat of paint on the gate that I did a few minutes ago).

I am wired. I don't think I have had this much energy for a long time. I'm thinking about making an appearance at the gym, but the box of Krispy Kremes is staring me down.

Posts: 8 | From Poplar Bluff MO USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irongoat19482
Member # 7780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for irongoat19482     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by irongoat19482:
quote:
Originally posted by AP:

Oops, looking for the place to say something Hello there. I am new but was here back in August last year. I stay awake all night, tested neg for ehrichlosis or anything else. Doc just says I have "tick disease of some kind." I am glad to see this post. I feel better since I can take ambien and sleep great. I don't take ambien and I am replying to folks up like me. THANK YOU
Posts: 8 | From Poplar Bluff MO USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8430

Hello fellow non-sleepers....

This is the first night for me that I've stayed up and not even tried to lay down. All these hours with no other real human interaction is really going to pay off when I call and demand (er, ask for) the information I need from payroll to complete my disability claim. I think I'm going to have another go at checking that darn waiting list for the LLMD too.

--------------------

AP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8430

I guess this post should have gone elsewhere, not the medical board... Sorry for tying things up all...

One parting thought... I wonder how many trees had to die for all of our medical bills to be sent out. (I know there have been double, triple, and quadrupal notices that I owed money - as if I forgot, right?)

--------------------

hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurtingramma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry folks, I am replying to this in the morning. I actually got some sleep last night. Over the past two weeks I have been averaging 2 hours a night, or less. 50 mg. Zoloft, 50 mg. trazadone.

Doesn't it suck that our whole lives have become focused on when we will ever get to sleep? When I tell me LLMD that I HAVE to go to work, he just says "Yeah, well"!

--------------------
"Few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love". Mother Theresa

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1629665573&ref=name

Posts: 938 | From Northeast Kingdom Vermont | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
believe3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for believe3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been there....up all nite. My doctor gave me ambien. I only use it maybe twice a week or so. It is awesome. He told me that if I don't sleep I won't get better.

--------------------
Love, Merrie
Believe in the power of your spirit..for it will carry you through the darkest hours of your life

Posts: 261 | From minnesota | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi,

having a history of sleep problems even BEFORE lyme, i really feel for you guys.

my doctor also said i won't get better if i don't get some sleep.

he prescribed eleval low dosage for sleep and pain. then, for early morning a low dosage sonata which only works for about 4 hours. i have rarely used the sonata.

ALWAYS use the eleval. not perfect, but better than it was before.

good luck [hi]

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
justs my 2 cents on ambian.

If you where diabetic you would have to take insulin the rest of your life .

I have had chronic lyme now for 20 years and falling a sleep is # 4 on my symptom list. Always has. So . Untill they come up iwth a "cure" I will be rotating ambian

I take ambian and love it.

I rotate one week on . One week off.

This way, at least every other week I am getting a decent nights sleep. I also think this helps keep my body from being addictied.

Not getting enough sleep is so bad for my lyme that I have to have a good nites sleep or everything else will suffer.

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by 5dana8:
justs my 2 cents on ambian.

If you were diabetic, you would have to take insulin the rest of your life.

Dana, please explain your comments on having to take insulin the rest of your life if you were a diabetic! I want to learn more from you...not giving you heck or anything really.

I have diabetes 2; on glyburcide; NOT insulin.

Bettyg

AP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8430

Ahhh... The feeling of not having slept since Sunday. I wonder if and when my body will naturally crash.
Last night my boyfriend tried to stay up with me. We ended up browsing the aisles of the 24 hour WalMart. He crashed when we came home at 2-ish, leaving me to watch movies all night.

--------------------

iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been here. I was not able to sleep from end of sept to the end of Dec average 15 min to two hours per 24 hr cycle. it finally reversed. none of the sleep meds worked. Am taking ativan 2 day and trying Dr S protocol for neurotoxins since I have widespread paarthesisa of skin. et me know if I can be of help.
It was so bad, I had admission to psych hosp. I was in sheer agony. My mom never saw me in the shape I was for four months of not sleeping. Even my doctor was baffled. They did teach me some coping skills. This has improved. Maybe drinking some warm milk for the serotonin levels? In the meantime, when eyesight is still functioning do sudoku puzzles and cable tv- particularly the game shows. I could be your phone a friend - getting awfully good at it. Worse is laying in bed and not sleeping. I am so debilated I don't work anymore, but the sleep problem is the pits.... Have a stong and better day !!!!tomorrow!!!! [group hug]

Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8430

Thanks iceskater. This is going to be night 4 without an ounce of sleep. No cat naps, nothing. This is truly the pits....

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by iceskater:

Been here. I was not able to sleep from end of sept to the end of Dec average 15 min to two hours per 24 hr cycle. it finally reversed. none of the sleep meds worked.

Am taking ativan 2 day and trying Dr S protocol for neurotoxins since I have widespread paarthesisa of skin. et me know if I can be of help.

It was so bad, I had admission to psych hosp. I was in sheer agony. My mom never saw me in the shape I was for four months of not sleeping. Even my doctor was baffled.

They did teach me some coping skills. This has improved.

Maybe drinking some warm milk for the serotonin levels?
In the meantime, when eyesight is still functioning do sudoku puzzles and cable tv- particularly the game shows.

I could be your phone a friend - getting awfully good at it.

Worse is laying in bed and not sleeping. I am so debilated I don't work anymore, but the sleep problem is the pits.... Have a stong and better day !!!!tomorrow!!!! [group hug]

AP, so sorry to read you've had NO sleep at all. It helps me tremendously to come on here; it makes me so tired! I may get 2-3 hrs. sleep at one time, so I have naps off/on all day long whenever mood hits me. good luck.

Bettyg

bettyg
Unregistered

The below article is in the diabetes e-news weekly letter I received today.
Are you a diabetic?

FEATURE ARTICLE...
Can't Sleep?

Do you have trouble sleeping? Are you sleepy during the day? You're not alone. Doctors in Brazil asked 100 people with type 2 diabetes about their sleep.

- The patients scored themselves on the Epworth Sleepiness Scale (see below).

- They reported any signs of restless legs syndrome.

- They rated how well they slept with the Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index.

The results showed that
* Almost half of the patients had poor sleep quality.

* 27 percent were too sleepy during the day

* 26 percent had restless legs syndrome

The doctors note that few people think to tell their doctors that they don't sleep well. People may think you always sleep less well as you get older. Others may not realize how poorly they are sleeping.

Are You Too Sleepy?
Test yourself with the Epworth Sleepiness Scale. For each question, give yourself a score of 0 to 3:

0 = would never doze or sleep
1 = slight chance of dozing or sleeping
2 = moderate chance of dozing or sleeping
3 = high chance of dozing or sleeping

When you are in these situations, what is the chance you will doze off or fall asleep?

Sitting and reading ____
Watching TV ____
Sitting inactive in a public place ____
Being a passenger in a motor vehicle for an hour or more ____

Lying down in the afternoon ____
Sitting and talking to someone ____
Sitting quietly after lunch (no alcohol) ____
Stopped for a few minutes in traffic while driving ____

Add up your scores. If your total is 10 or more, tell your doctor or nurse at your next visit.

Daytime sleepiness could be from sleep apnea, restless legs syndrome (RLS), or other things.

Signs of RLS
------------

* Do you often feel that you must move your legs because they are uncomfortable?

* Does this happen when you are resting (sitting or lying down)?

* Does the uncomfortable feeling in your legs go away when you walk or stretch?

* Is the urge to move worse in the evening or night than during the day? Does it occur only in the evening or night?

If you have signs of RLS, tell your doctor or nurse at your next visit.

Diabetes Care 28:2633-2636, 2005

Bettyg

AP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8430

Thanks for the help and concern... I finally got some sleep. A lot of sleep, actually. I figred when the time was right I'd crash. With my career at sea, I'd sometimes be up for days because of our hours. Never four days straight though.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement