LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Nausea? ...Anybody?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nausea? ...Anybody?
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone done cloves, wormwood, and black walnut to try to kick nausea? I am doing it now but it seems to be getting worse.Is it a herx maybe? I feel all kinds of spasms in my tummy..i know I had girdia two summers ago and felt the nausea could be contributed..

anything else I should try? i know Lymetoo is doing similar protcal...are you herxing from it?...

any help apprecited..

daniella [kiss]

[ 04. April 2006, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: daniella ]

--------------------
~Things may happen in my life time to change who I am but I refuse to let them reduce me...~

Posts: 968 | From private | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hubby has done this protocol in the past before he got sick from tickborne illnesses. Helped his G.I. He has had numerous endoscopies over the years and always has chronic gastritis of unknown etiology.

Has had diagnosis of giardia 2 times since he got sick with Lyme. Used a much stronger herbal formula from a doc with Nigerian herbs I think -- formula not available to the public.

Have read that goldenseal can be used for giardia but don't know suggested dose.

I would make sure to drink lots of lemon juice and maybe even do a mild liver flush while doing this protocol -- drink juice of 1/2 or 1 lemon in glass of water with 1 or 2 tablespoons of olive or flax or other good quality oils at bedtime. This should help flush out any toxins. You could do this every night for a week or so to see if it helps.

Nausea could of course be caused by just about anything as the G.I. docs always tell hubby. This is one of his most aggravating symptoms that just will not go away.

Have you treated babs or do you think you might have that coinfection? The wormwood is basically artemesia -- the herb that is refined to produce artemesinin.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bea..

Thanks for your reply..Yes I've done the gamut and was much better until I contracted giardia or somthing similar on a hike in a rainforest 2 years ago...

Where did you guys get the nigerian thing? How long did it tak efor results with hulda clarks formula? How sick did hubby get before getting better?.what about ginger does that help with nasuea?

grapefruit seed extract?

there is something called yin chiao..?

thanks bea

--------------------
~Things may happen in my life time to change who I am but I refuse to let them reduce me...~

Posts: 968 | From private | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Daniella

sorry about the nausea. I am having a bout myself.

have you tryed sucking on a sliver of ginger root?

The herbs I have found to help me are mastic gum and slippery elm.

I have also heard marshmallow is supposed to help but haven't tryed that one yet.

here is a webb site on the mastic gum(suposed to help with gastitis too)

http://www.mastic-gum-for-stomach-ulcers.com

In the way of teas I like Tension Tamer by celestial seasons

In the rx depatment I

have tryed promethazine. It makes me more sleeie but helps.

hope you feel better soon
[Smile]
make sure to talk over everything first with your LLMD

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing can make you more nauseous than clogged up eliminating organs: Liver, gallbladder, kidney, skin (lymph system).

In my experience, hardly anything works as well as a series of colonics by a certified colon therapist. One alone will do little. It takes a minimum of 3-4 before things start moving from up high.

I have posted about this recently and got the usual flak. Colon cleanses do not reach the area that needs the attention desperately, especially if you have been on drugs and killer medicines for some time. Your organs are all you got. Support them.

I have seen it happen again and again. Not only did people start to feel much better in general, they also started to improve and respond to the meds better.

Lymph drainage therapy is also badly needed.

The toxins are not making it out on their own - and need support, targeted support, beyond a colon cleanse done at home.

Yes, it costs money. But staying sick is even pricier.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

GiGi is it colonics? Can I do one at home? Is it similar to an enema?

--------------------

seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniella,

Colonics require special equipment -- enemas can be done at home.

Research coffee enemas -- must use organic coffee -- at one time these helped hubby briefly and then seemed to lose effectiveness.

He did do a series of 3 colonics after the herbal parasite formula was complete.

He did not do the Hulda Clark cleanse but it was similar -- something I got at the health food store -- can't remember exact doses -- remember adding 1 artemisia capsule per day til he was up to either 14 or 28 (I forget which) at the end. This was a couple of years before the Lyme symptoms.

Also had some success with a packaged formula called Clear while he was doing mercury treatment.

The 2nd bout with parasites, the alternative doc he was seeing sent his stool samples to a lab in New York. The guy who ran the lab was from Nigeria and he spends 6 months a year in the U.S. and the other 6 months running a medical school in Nigeria. The herbs are only available to patients who use his lab -- cost several hundred dollars.

Hubby had 2 other parasites besides giardia and a mild candida problem -- the doc said the herbs hubby was prescribed were the strongest he had ever had any of his patients on -- took 3 or 4 different formulas for 2 weeks and retested and did an additional 2 weeks on 1 or 2 of the formulas I think.

Helped with G.I. symptoms of nausea and vomiting very much and started regaining the 30 pounds he had lost. On the negative side -- think the formulas were too toxic as this is when the fainting started -- later found to be adrenal fatigue.

Ginger tea helps now with nausea sometimes. Use 1/2 teaspoon per cup of warm water and add a little stevia. May irritate your stomach if gastritis is very bad. Just have to try it and see.

Peppermint tea does not work for hubby but helps some people.

Phenergran or Compazine do not help him either. Has taken Zofran in the past -- sometimes helps but it is very expensive (used for cancer patients) and sometimes aggravates his tremors -- works on Serotonin I think.

Activated charcoal capsules (2 or 3) or bentonite clay (1 or 2 tablespoons per glass of water) are somewhat helpful to absorb toxins.

Nothing really works consistently for hubby all the time. Always trying something new or rotating around between different herbs.

Aloe vera gel -- 2 tablespoons or more per cup of water -- and/or glutamine powder can help heal the stomach. Hubby drank this combo twice a day for several months after the 1st bout with parasites. I think it was 1/2 or 1 teaspoon of glutamine powder per dose.

Good luck.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement