LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone first have symptoms after being intimate with new partner

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone first have symptoms after being intimate with new partner
badtick33
Member # 9078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for badtick33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had my first symptoms appear right after I had a new sexual partner. He is fine, with no symptoms. Anyone else?? [confused]
Posts: 58 | From boston | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NP40
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, pretty strong evidence that Bb can be transmitted through sexual contact.
Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
badtick33
Member # 9078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for badtick33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another thought - this new partner of mine had done extensive traveling in Africa where he contracted maleria and Hep A (I think it was A, anyway).

I have noticed that alot of the drugs we use to combat lyme are also anti-maleria drugs. I wonder if I caught something from him that is related to both malaria and lyme??? Maybe lymaria??LOL!

any thoughts? And why is he symptom free??? [bonk]

Posts: 58 | From boston | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hepatitis B
Cause: Hepatitis B virus (HBV), belonging to the Hepadnaviridae. Transmission: Hepatitis B is transmitted from person to person by contact with infected body fluids. Sexual contact is an important mode of transmission, but infection is also transmitted by transfusion of contaminated blood or blood products, or by use of contaminated needles or syringes for injections.

There is also a potential risk of Hepatitis B transmission through other skin-penetrating procedures including acupuncture, piercing and tattooing. Perinatal transmission may occur from mother to baby. There is no insect vector or animal reservoir.

Nature of the disease: Many HBV infections are asymptomatic (e.g. causes no symptoms) or cause mild symptoms, which are often unrecognised in adults.

When clinical hepatitis results from infection, it has a gradual onset, with anorexia, abdominal discomfort, nausea, vomiting, arthralgia and rash, followed by the development of jaundice in some cases. In adults, about 1% of cases are fatal.

Chronic HBV infection persists in a proportion of adults, some of whom later develop cirrhosis and/or liver cancer. Geographical distribution: Worldwide, but with differing levels of endemicity.

In north America, Australia, northern and western Europe and New Zealand, prevalence of chronic HBV infection is relatively low (less than 2% of the general population). Risk for travellers: Negligible for those vaccinated against hepatitis B. Unvaccinated travellers are at risk if they have unprotected sex or use contaminated needles or syringes for injection, acupuncture, piercing or tattooing.

An accident or medical emergency requiring blood transfusion may result in infection if the blood has not been screened for HBV. Travellers engaged in humanitarian relief activities may be exposed to infected blood or other body fluids in health care settings. Prophylaxis (protective treatment): Vaccination. Precautions: Adopt safe sexual practices and avoid the use of any potentially contaminated instruments for injection or other skin-piercing activity. Source: WHO.

http://www.wordtravels.com/Travelguide/Countries/Cambodia/Health

Diagnosis and treatment:

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/hepb_ez/

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement